I cried

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Deign

I cried

Postby Deign » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:10 am

Last night's episode caught me entirely off guard. Near the end of the episode during a realization that the show may be ending on that very episode. I expected some sort of note from Parker and Stone to show up or something, but it just ended. I cried at the prospect of losing this show. It hit me in an entirely visceral way.

If the show indeed ends, but all indications point otherwise for the time being (not to say it won't end after the 2nd half of the season), I will be saddened and joyful at the same time. Saddened to see something that has been a part of my life longer than it hasn't (but only just barely). Joyful to have enjoyed the show for this many years. I will be thankful to have been given the opportunity by Parker and Stone and the rest of the team for their tireless efforts to bringing such a great show week in and week out. And I will be in mourning to lose four of my best friends in the world.

Thank you everyone who made South Park possible. In the event that my dear show is ended, you will be missed.
canadasucks

Re: I cried

Postby canadasucks » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:52 pm

I've been with the show since I was 9 and probably watched the movie over a hundred times (especially moreso in college) This show is apart of me and blows shows like the Simpsons and Family Guy out of the water. I don't think there will other be a show as good as this, and if there is then it won't mean as much to me. I grew up with this show, so I hope Matt and Trey do the right thing and end it properly for their fans. We stuck by them now they need to for us.
Devastate

Postby Devastate » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:24 am

I didn't cry, but after watching I sure as hell felt depressed.

Although I'm sure I haven't been a follower of South Park for half as long as most of the fans here (too young when it first came out and only started "discovering" it a few years ago), it has definitely found a special place in my heart--and it's even become something the whole family can enjoy together.

With that said, the thought that it could all be coming to an end in what seems like such a short timespan to me is pretty sobering (similar to my feelings for a certain popular saga that will effectively be over come July...but I digress).

But despite the sad possibility that South Park may be nearing its end, I still feel a glimmer of hope for it. I guess we'll just have to wait until October to know for sure...what a wait this will be.
pipiscute

Postby pipiscute » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:07 pm

I was laughing up till the time he was at the pond surounded by sh*t flowers. I just wanted to hug stan and randy.
SomeOddworld

Postby SomeOddworld » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:56 pm

I cried after the end, in the knowledge that my favourite TV show of all time is probably about to end :unhoodedkenny:

Return to “General South Park Discussion”