Should South Park Do Star Wars Specials?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

kukukachu
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:55 am

Re: Should South Park Do Star Wars Specials?

Postby kukukachu » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:30 am

No. Family Guy took the Star Wars idea and raped it, then took a big sh*t on it, and then beat it to death with a bloody frat paddle.
If Chewbacca lives on Endor, then you must acquit!
NeuroHeart
Posts: 875
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: Should South Park Do Star Wars Specials?

Postby NeuroHeart » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:55 am

Unassumption wrote:Some whole episodes are drawn scene for scene from TOS (wacky child molestation adventure = Mira for a post season 2 instance)

That episode was hardly a scene-for-scene reproduction of ''Miri.'' It had shots from ''Children of the Corn,'' ''Mad Max/Road Warrior,'' ''Pet Sematary,'' and ''Logan's Run'' just to name a few. There was also no adult-killing disease or delayed aging, two major plot points in ''Miri.'' It drew inspiration from it, most assuredly, but not even close to scene-for-scene.

As for homages to Next Gen, there are several. One notable scene from ''Fingerbang'' actually lifts audio from the Next Gen film, ''First Contact.'' Stan quotes the same film in ''Damien.'' There's a likely reference to the Borg with Cartman's "We are Trapper Keeper" line. Recognition of the temporal loop in ''Cancelled'' plays out very similarly to a Next Gen episode called ''Cause and Effect.'' The list goes on.
There are also allusions to Deep Space Nine, particularly the wormhole effects from ''Starvin Marvin In Space.''
I do think it would be correct to say there are more references to TOS, but clearly they're just Star Trek fans. Really, they're just huge geeks, and that's why I love them.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Churlesque
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: Should South Park Do Star Wars Specials?

Postby Churlesque » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:38 am

Star Wars isn't really worth making fun of anymore. It's no longer culturally relevant, and hasn't been for a long time.
triplemultiplex
Posts: 6129
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:24 am

Re: Should South Park Do Star Wars Specials?

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:12 pm

I would say no, not just because it's been done to death, but done very well, I might add. Pish, posh to all who didn't enjoy Family Guy doing the original trilogy; that sh*t was great. And Robot Chicken; when Vader calls Emperor Palpatine after the first Death Star is destroyed; that is the single greatest Star Wars parody ever made. Ever.
"Oh, 'just rebuild it'!? Real fucking original!!"


Pip Tweek wrote:Well, you've sparked my imagination for TNG.

Stan - Picard
Kyle - Riker
Cartman - Worf
Kenny - La Forge
Wendy - Troi
Rebecca ("Red") - Dr. Crusher
Butters - Wesley Crusher
Craig - Data
Tweek - Reg Barclay (only in a handful of episodes but perfect character for this)
Token - Chief O'Brien
Bebe - Tasha Yar
Annie - Ensign Ro

Mr. Garrison - Q
Mr. Mackey - voice of the borg (we are one, m'kay...resistance is futile...you will be assimilated, mkay?)
Lianne Cartman - Lwaxana Troi
Towelie - Guinan
Jimmy - Lore

I put way too much thought into this.


Fatass strikes me as the one to be the all powerful energy being that's totally full of itself that the rest of the crew encounters. But if he had to be part of the bridge crew I guess Worf is the least awkward fit. I mean Worf has that strong sense of Klingon honor that would be totally foreign to Fatass.

I would also definitely switch Butters and Craig. Data is way to important to be played by a character as ancillary as Craig.
__________________________________________________

You read it! You can't unread it!
BigGuy101
Posts: 358
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 11:12 pm

Re: Should South Park Do Star Wars Specials?

Postby BigGuy101 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:03 pm

Churlesque wrote:Star Wars isn't really worth making fun of anymore. It's no longer culturally relevant, and hasn't been for a long time.


I feel the way you do. But the thing is, I've already written the fanfics I said I was going write in just three days, with its own original jokes. I don't mean to brag, but that's how fast I write screenplays. I even wrote seven fan made sequels of the original Halloween film in two weeks (H9, H10, H11, H12, H13, H14, and H15; which I will not bring up). It was kind of hard because I had do homework and write these fanfics all at once. Unfortunately I’m caught up with studying, so I won’t be able to put them up for quite a while, probably not at all. I’m also writing an original story which I will post in the Off Topic Discussion Forum sometime next week, so keep an eye out.
Last edited by BigGuy101 on Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
My favorite SP characters: Cartman and Butters.

My favorite food: anything pasta related.
butters kenny
Posts: 10135
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:19 pm

Re: Should South Park Do Star Wars Specials?

Postby butters kenny » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:09 pm

Darth Chef: Cartman, they never told you
about your father.

Cartman: I know enough! I killed my father!

Darth Chef: No Cartman.....I am your father!


To answer your question, no
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
liljoker415
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:08 pm

Re: Should South Park Do Star Wars Specials?

Postby liljoker415 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:01 pm

nope.
BigGuy101
Posts: 358
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 11:12 pm

Re: Should South Park Do Star Wars Specials?

Postby BigGuy101 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:49 pm

I've recently posted a fanfic entitled Teen Parents in the fanfic section. Check it out!
My favorite SP characters: Cartman and Butters.

My favorite food: anything pasta related.
BigGuy101
Posts: 358
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 11:12 pm

Re: Should South Park Do Star Wars Specials?

Postby BigGuy101 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:55 pm

butters kenny wrote:Darth Chef: Cartman, they never told you
about your father.

Cartman: I know enough! I killed my father!

Darth Chef: No Cartman.....I am your father!


To answer your question, no


Actually, when I wrote the fanfics (they parody episodes I, II, III, IV, V, and VI). I had Kyle be Darth Vader and Butters be Luke Skywalker. I'm still not sure if I want to put them up or not.
My favorite SP characters: Cartman and Butters.

My favorite food: anything pasta related.
GeminiShamrock
Posts: 1665
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:48 am

Re: Should South Park Do Star Wars Specials?

Postby GeminiShamrock » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:45 pm

BigGuy101 wrote:
butters kenny wrote:Darth Chef: Cartman, they never told you
about your father.

Cartman: I know enough! I killed my father!

Darth Chef: No Cartman.....I am your father!


To answer your question, no


Actually, when I wrote the fanfics (they parody episodes I, II, III, IV, V, and VI). I had Kyle be Darth Vader and Butters be Luke Skywalker. I'm still not sure if I want to put them up or not.


If you're going to put them up, post them in the FanFic Forum and just post the link to them in this thread so we can read them.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
BigGuy101
Posts: 358
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 11:12 pm

Re: Should South Park Do Star Wars Specials?

Postby BigGuy101 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:51 pm

I've just finished re-writing the scripts along with a friend to help it be funnier than the first drafts. Now, if anyone wants to read them, please put down your opinions (although I might just put them up on the FanFic Forum without precaution). I will give away a few of the characters parts in them.

Cartman = Obi-Wan Kenobi / Jabba / Palpatine
Kyle = Anakin Skywalker / Darth Vader
Stan = Han Solo
Kenny = Chewbacca
Butters = Luke Skywalker
Jimmy = C-3P0
Timmy = R2-D2
Wendy = Leia Organa
Bebe = Padmé Amidala
My favorite SP characters: Cartman and Butters.

My favorite food: anything pasta related.
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Re: Should South Park Do Star Wars Specials?

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:00 am

Nah. It is played out. Trey and Matt do not like doing episode ideas that are played out/too common, and just as a pure episode, it wouldn't hold much interest for me. I love Star Wars, but usually dislike full-episode parodies.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Unassumption
Posts: 3849
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 8:49 pm

Re: Should South Park Do Star Wars Specials?

Postby Unassumption » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:29 am

No or no ?
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
BigGuy101
Posts: 358
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 11:12 pm

Re: Should South Park Do Star Wars Specials?

Postby BigGuy101 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:15 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:Nah. It is played out. Trey and Matt do not like doing episode ideas that are played out/too common, and just as a pure episode, it wouldn't hold much interest for me. I love Star Wars, but usually dislike full-episode parodies.


Well at first, I wasn’t going to bother putting these up because I was under the belief that no one cared about reading them. This kind of bummed me out because both my college friend and I worked really hard on them. And to make things worse for me, people have started throwing out hate message at me (I’m sure there are some you who wish to do the same). An entire 63 hours. I don’t want to exaggerate, but we had to bring food and water in that room and the worst part is that we had no air-conditioned (the university we’re attending shut down all air-conditioners for those 3 days). Well we did have video games and internet. But recently I’ve gotten many requests from 1,000 different people who are begging me to put them up in the FanFic Forum. I show it to some friends online, they really enjoyed it. I’ll be putting them up next week on Friday and I hope you guys will enjoy them too. At this, I really don't care. I'm just going to put them.

And Trey Parker and Matt Stone, if you are reading this, these are not episode ideas. These fanfics are for fans to enjoy. So do not take these for consideration.

And George Lucas, if you are reading this (though you probably aren't), we want you to know that these fanfics are non-profit. There are made for entertainment purposes only. So please don't sue us.
Last edited by BigGuy101 on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My favorite SP characters: Cartman and Butters.

My favorite food: anything pasta related.
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Re: Should South Park Do Star Wars Specials?

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:30 am

BigGuy101 wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:Nah. It is played out. Trey and Matt do not like doing episode ideas that are played out/too common, and just as a pure episode, it wouldn't hold much interest for me. I love Star Wars, but usually dislike full-episode parodies.


Well at first, I wasn’t going to bother putting these up because I was under the belief that no one cared about reading them. This kind of bummed me out because both my college friend and I worked really hard on them. And to make things worse for me, people have started throwing out hate message at me (I’m sure there are some you who wish to do the same). An entire 63 hours. I don’t want to exaggerate, but we had to bring food and water in that room and the worst part is that we had no air-conditioned (the university we’re attending shut down all air-conditioners for those 3 days). Well we did have video games and internet. But recently I’ve gotten many requests from 1,000 different people who are begging me to put them up in the FanFic Forum. I show it to some friends online, they really enjoyed it. I’ll be putting them up next week on Friday and I hope you guys will enjoy them too.



That would be fanfiction, not Trey and Matt, so fire ahead. That is what Fanfiction is there for. I write(or wrote- major writer's block and issues with housing) fanfiction all the time, but would peorbably cringe if 3/4 of those ideas became South Park episodes.
That's how it's down here on the farm!

Return to “General South Park Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests