Should South Park Do Star Wars Specials?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

AngusMcTavish

Re: Should South Park Do Star Wars Specials?

Postby AngusMcTavish » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:25 pm

The problem here would be that the whole "Star Wars Spoof" thing has been done to death, not just by popular series like Family Guy (Robot Chicken, Muppet Babies, Animaniacs, who knows what else...), but in independent projects. I've been to sci-fi conventions that would show those.

If Matt and Trey DO decide to fully spoof a movie or series, South Park-style, I think it's best if they find one that hasn't been covered much or at all.

Question is: What would be the perfect one for 'em?
STrent

Postby STrent » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:21 am

No. Too many people have done a Star Wars Special.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:55 am

Wow, I forgot about the Muppet Babies one. I can't really think of anything that could use the SP treatment right now, other than Twilight. And I don't really see how they could do it.
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:56 am

It shall be called "Star Whores: The Saga of the Space Peppermint Hippos"/.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:03 am

BRMBug wrote:Wow, I forgot about the Muppet Babies one. I can't really think of anything that could use the SP treatment right now, other than Twilight. And I don't really see how they could do it.

It would have to be something that can incorporate as many of the SP characters as they can or see fit.

And to the mods: Since SP is involved in the topic, perhaps this thread could be moved off the Off Topic list?
ems1776

Postby ems1776 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:28 pm

No, that's a Family Guy thing and probably wouldn't do as well on SP and Matt and Trey hate Family Guy. Family Guy needs stuff like that because their writers, honest to God suck. South Park doesn't need that although I would like to see some 1 hour specials and another movie.
Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls

Postby Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:37 am

They should do a parody of the Holiday Special. That could be the one episode they use drugs for.
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
elyk577

Postby elyk577 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:11 am

Honestly Star Wars would be fun to see as always, but I think more people would enjoy another BIGGER LONGER and UNCUT. Its been a while since the first movie and instead of playing off old star wars jokes that everyone has already, Trey and Matt would create their own quotable jokes that would be more original and longer lasting. Everyone who knows star wars knows "Its a trap!" But as consumers we want something new. Its like the George Lucas and Steven Spielberg episode...don't change something that's already great.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”