M & T On The Daily Show

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Unassumption

Re: M & T On The Daily Show

Postby Unassumption » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:26 am

Didn't just say they showed as well.
Thanks for the quotes to tide me by before someone uploads it online and I can see. Great they're still so enthusiastic about owning this thing.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
JerWu17

Postby JerWu17 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:47 am

Dude, are you telling me M&T threw Stan into cynicism just to be able to set up a giant S-bomb episode?

Guess I should not be surprised. I mean, they had Wendy dump Stan (not a trivial event for sure) just to set up the plot of the boys going to Raisins. If it takes a dramatic mean to accomplish an end in a plot, those guys sure are not afraid to do it, even at the expense of freaking the entire SP fandom out.

Overall, great interview around. As a big fan of the Daily Show, I'm so glad Stew-beef is a SP fan as well and made sure to ask M&T about the show with the little time he had. The SP fandom can all breathe a little easier now...

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
WonderWeasel82

Postby WonderWeasel82 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:48 am

Watched the interview, and happy to hear that South Park is definitely back, which also means that America is BACK!!!!! Doin' the happy dance, doin' the happy dance...
Gelgamek

Postby Gelgamek » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:07 am

Such a great interview. I watched it again just so I could hear Trey say that it's not ending one more time. Had a permanent smile on my face the entire time.
The Silver Banana

Postby The Silver Banana » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:05 am

The last time they were on the Daily Show, I'm sorry to say that I had to catch it later. Not much later, but I was sorta busy watching a tsunami destroy Japan.

As glad as I was to hear them say those things, I was mostly glad because I knew it all along. I'll try to find where, but at one point I said that even Matt and Trey might not know what's gonna happen to Stan. Maybe they wrote themselves into a corner, but it shouldn't be impossible to wriggle themselves out. Judging by the fact that they kept working hard on SP even after making a successful musical, I figured they were still as optimistic about South Park as we are.

Edit: It was on page 5 of the Save Our Stan topic, currently locked.

Postby CartmansWhore » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:35 pm

It's NOT over, In your face naysayers!!!!!!!!
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:20 pm

The one thing that has me slightly confused is what Matt said. Something to the effect of he was 'watching some stupid cop show on TNT and they said "shit", and he started wondering why they couldn't say it.' Was he talking about "It Hits The Fan", or the decision to let "shit" in this season?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:17 pm

He was talking about "It Hits The Fan," only it turns out that episode was a parody of a 1999 episode of Chicago Hope, which aired on CBS. Chicago Hope was the first show on broadcast TV to use "sh*t" on air.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:14 pm

I love the guys' apprehension that they'd be competing for Tonies with Bono/Spiderman after losing the Oscar to Phil Collins' piece of sh*t song. I hadn't even thought of that before, but Bono and Collins seem like the same kind of person and that would've sucked.

Trey's worry about Chris Rock jumping the gun with his taking the hooker to dinner joke before the Best Musical Award seems silly in retrospect, but in the moment, I bet that was a reasonable fear. Rock's joke was even funnier to us South Parkateers since that was a gag in Erection Day where Jimmy literally takes a prostitute out to dinner.
"Wow, that's so very interesting. Tell me more."

What aspect of performance art will Matt and Trey dominate next?

You read it! You can't unread it!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:24 pm

Music. They have to get DVDA back together and put out a proper album. :mrgreen: Although they'll probably get a couple Grammys for the BoM soundtrack. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:46 am

Big-Will wrote:He was talking about "It Hits The Fan," only it turns out that episode was a parody of a 1999 episode of Chicago Hope, which aired on CBS. Chicago Hope was the first show on broadcast TV to use "sh*t" on air.

Oh, I figured it was a parody of that. Actually I thought the show was NYPD Blue, but upon reflection it was them that first did "nudity" on TV.
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:49 pm

Big-Will wrote:Music. They have to get DVDA back together and put out a proper album. :mrgreen: Although they'll probably get a couple Grammys for the BoM soundtrack. :)

YES! I'd buy that album so hard!! :!:
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
cynthia325

Postby cynthia325 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:58 pm

Big-Will wrote:Music. They have to get DVDA back together and put out a proper album. :mrgreen: Although they'll probably get a couple Grammys for the BoM soundtrack. :)

"The original Broadway cast recording of "The Book of Mormon" comes roaring back in at No. 3 with 61,000 sold (up 2,116%) following the show's nine Tony Award wins on Sunday, June 12. It is the highest charting Broadway cast album -- and first top 10 -- since 1969, when "Hair" spent 13 straight weeks at No. 1." This was in the newsfeed on Google today.

And I second the DVDA request for an album please! :wink:
MoonBear70

Postby MoonBear70 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:55 pm

Great News SP fans!! T&M will most likely renew contracts in August!! Still, very interesting to see the direction they take the show when it returns in October!! :P
WonderWeasel82

Postby WonderWeasel82 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:11 am

triplemultiplex wrote:I love the guys' apprehension that they'd be competing for Tonies with Bono/Spiderman after losing the Oscar to Phil Collins' piece of sh*t song. I hadn't even thought of that before, but Bono and Collins seem like the same kind of person and that would've sucked.

Trey's worry about Chris Rock jumping the gun with his taking the hooker to dinner joke before the Best Musical Award seems silly in retrospect, but in the moment, I bet that was a reasonable fear. Rock's joke was even funnier to us South Parkateers since that was a gag in Erection Day where Jimmy literally takes a prostitute out to dinner.
"Wow, that's so very interesting. Tell me more."

What aspect of performance art will Matt and Trey dominate next?

I was wondering the exact same thing... I'd like to see what they'd come up with on a premium channel like HBO or Showtime, without any apprehension or censors telling them what they can or can't say.

And I promise I'm not trying to whore my poll out, but I'm genuinely curious to see what people would want Matt and Trey to work on next. Please vote!

http://forums.southparkstudios.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=48039

Return to “General South Park Discussion”