So I had a random idea about South Park, what do you think?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

nwt000

Re: So I had a random idea about South Park, what do you thi

Postby nwt000 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:58 am

I do wish we could have a South Park MMORPG because we should be able to explore South Park and do some kick-ass stuff. Besides, maybe the supporting characters can get more of a role as NPCs that you can interact with and get missions from them. We should totally learn more about Red, Kevin, Bradley, and other 4th graders that we don't know much about and with the size of MMORPGs, they could become more important.
Xavi Danick

Postby Xavi Danick » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:43 am

This post instantly made me think of the WOW episode. What if they made the basis of the game a rip off of WOW like in the episode. But instead of doing like remakes of the orcs and stuff they have completely use southpark graphics, as said before quests throughout southpark, competitive mini games for crap like in the old N64 southpark games, hell it's southpark anything they put into it would just fit...

Make J. Beiber like a boss monster or something.

Good idea though lol
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:49 am

Xavi Danick wrote:a rip off of WOW like in the episode.

... You know that the majority of in-game stuff was shot in game, with the full cooperation of Blizzard, right? The lip syncing was done by the South Park animators in Maya, but all the action was shot on a private WOW server.
If someone can explain how that's "a rip off of WOW" I'd love to hear the logic on that.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
whatwouldwedo W/o SP

Postby whatwouldwedo W/o SP » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:54 pm

Man, i wish there was a way to submit this. I know the whole organization isnt big on nideas from fans. but the highest up person we could contact would be.... Nall?
Ahhhhh hamburgerss!
ScottBrown

Postby ScottBrown » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:08 am

Yea I suppose if Nall or Big-Will saw and liked the idea of this thread then they could toss it around with the higher ups.
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:14 am

It's an intriguing idea, but I have some questions about it. Firstly, would it only be talking/interacting with characters, or would there be other mmo concepts brought into it like combat and questing? Also, I can't see anyone higher up WANTING to do something like this. It would involve a lot of extra work, and unless it turned out to be really good and appeal outside of the SP fanbase, then it would flop. I would play it, but it would have to have an appeal higher up for it to work. Also, I can't imagine this is the first time this has been thought of, M&T have probably heard this idea a dozen times over.
Can't we all just get along?
ScottBrown

Postby ScottBrown » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:43 am

Ex1lepr0 wrote:It's an intriguing idea, but I have some questions about it. Firstly, would it only be talking/interacting with characters, or would there be other mmo concepts brought into it like combat and questing? Also, I can't see anyone higher up WANTING to do something like this. It would involve a lot of extra work, and unless it turned out to be really good and appeal outside of the SP fanbase, then it would flop. I would play it, but it would have to have an appeal higher up for it to work. Also, I can't imagine this is the first time this has been thought of, M&T have probably heard this idea a dozen times over.

Well if you paid attention to what people on the thread are saying then you would know that there would obviously be south park type adventures and it is south park based therefore it doesn't necessarily need to appeal to people outside of the southpark fan base because they have plenty fans and enough for it to not "flop". If you don't believe me then look at Star Wars Online, Star Trek Online, Runescape, World of Warcraft, Battlestar Galactica Online, the upcoming Family Guy Online, and ANY other online game. They appeal to one type of person being a Star Wars, Star Trek, Family Guy, etc fan or someone who is a fan of Medieval gameplay or the "warlock" type adventure gameplay hence Runescape and WoW. THis would be a great idea that would gain plenty of attention and money to not fail.
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:00 pm

^I get what you're saying, but realistically, I'm pretty certain that SW and ST have much larger fanbases than SP. In addition, games like Runescape and WoW aren't based on t.v. shows, so they're their own franchise just like Halo or Final Fantasy. The real trick to this is convincing the SP team to put extra time and effort into making and running an online game, which I don't think they'd be willing to do. Just look at the Book of Mormon. They seem far more interested in show business than game business. Also you didn't answer my question about combat in the game.
Can't we all just get along?
RichardV1150

Postby RichardV1150 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:53 pm

I think it would be cool, because then I'd have something else to do.
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
awt447

Postby awt447 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:18 am

that idea sounds pretty awesome. i would join
shockey324

stop hating

Postby shockey324 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:58 pm

I have to say I have been looking around this site for something interesting to read or do or something. when came across this I was commpletly amased this IS AND I REPEAT IS THE BEST IDEA I HAVE EVER HEARD OF.

GOD HELP THIS IDEA GET OUT

THANK YOU FOR THE BEST IDEA EVER
peaches123

Postby peaches123 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:13 pm

:assface: < I find this hilarious!
...MEEP...
ScottBrown

Postby ScottBrown » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:23 pm

shockey324 wrote:I have to say I have been looking around this site for something interesting to read or do or something. when came across this I was commpletly amased this IS AND I REPEAT IS THE BEST IDEA I HAVE EVER HEARD OF.

GOD HELP THIS IDEA GET OUT

THANK YOU FOR THE BEST IDEA EVER

Thanks, if only there was a way to get it out but who knows?
cynthia325

Postby cynthia325 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:27 pm

Well hey it's Year of the Fan right? We are a very loyal fan base. So maybe in due time they will come out with something like this for us. I would play!!!
ChocoEClaire

Postby ChocoEClaire » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:17 pm

That sounds really badass! :D
._____.
|_____|
() o_o ()
...|__|----> this is Kyle

98% of teens have one of these 98% statistics in their signatures, copy and paste if you're in the 2% that doesn't...hey, wait a minute...

Return to “General South Park Discussion”