Smartest episode?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

chrichardson

Smartest episode?

Postby chrichardson » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:32 am

What episode do you feel really showed you how smart Trey and Matt truely are? What was the first episode that you went, " wow, amongst all the potty humor, there is truely great wittyness and knowledge?
cubicshot

Re: Smartest episode?

Postby cubicshot » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:44 am

Definitely "Smug Alert!". They quickly turned an epidemic into a light-hearted stab at some self-obsessed hipsters and people that think they're the best. Great episode, brilliant writing.
The Silver Banana

Postby The Silver Banana » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:58 am

When I saw the trailer for HumancentiPad, I thought, "that's it? No brilliant metaphor?" It turned out to be one of the most brilliant metaphors they've ever done. It shows how the information age has robbed us of our personal information and privacy, and how the useless stuff we share online is usually stuff that nobody wants to hear or see (or taste), unless it might benefit large businesses. Please read this and sell me stuff now.

A close second might be Goobacks. It showed that while it seems as though a bunch of foreign idiots are invading our culture and takin ar jerbs, we could actually just invest in our future, which would create more, better jobs in the next generation... and, for the most part, those were crappy jerbs anyway.

...unless you meant plot brilliance. But if I posted on that, about a million people would disagree with me. Unless you're not actually reading this sh*t. In that case, just agree.

Postby Brendle » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:05 am

The Silver Banana wrote:When I saw the trailer for HumancentiPad, I thought, "that's it? No brilliant metaphor?" It turned out to be one of the most brilliant metaphors they've ever done. It shows how the information age has robbed us of our personal information and privacy, and how the useless stuff we share online is usually stuff that nobody wants to hear or see (or taste), unless it might benefit large businesses. Please read this and sell me stuff now.

Sorry, I don't think taking the word "sh*t" literally is clever or smart at all.

The thought process behind that show: "we always buy sh*t we don't need...wait a minute...what if it actually WAS sh*t?"

The smartest episodes they've done:

With Apologies to Jesse Jackson: a very smart episode about language and its power and effects...

Cancelled (Earth as a reality show was a genius concept)

Margaritaville

Lice Capades: the little lice plot was one of the most inspired things they've done...especially how they turned it into a disaster movie and the idea of the human hosting them being God was awesome

Breast Cancer Show Ever: Using Cartman and bullies in general as a metaphor for cancer was brilliant from Trey Parker.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”