Episodes that make you cry

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

LittleMissColorado

Episodes that make you cry

Postby LittleMissColorado » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:59 pm

Tell all episodes that make you cry.

For me they are Raisins, You're getting old, Kenny dies and The Return of Chef :'(

Re: Episodes that make you cry

Postby 203177 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:42 pm

none its just not me. well i almost cried in your getting old. cause i thought sp was really gonna end.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:16 am

Cry from laughter on first viewing, the ring. oddly.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
kkatelynn

Postby kkatelynn » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:25 am

When I was young I was watching the episode when Kenny dies "for real" and it was kinda sad and silly at the same time. "Kenny cant die! He's my f-f-f-friend"... lol.. :lol:
KkatelynN
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:26 am

South Park isn't a sad show. There is very rarely a sentimental moment to be found.

The only episode that made me sad (though no tears) was the last one, You're Getting Older.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
joshferrell

Postby joshferrell » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:27 pm

the scene in the movie where optimus prime dies and turns grey always gets to me....oh wait..nevermind that isn't south park...the only episode that made me cry was "you're getting old".
StanMarshLover

Postby StanMarshLover » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:39 pm

I cried in Raisins,Your Getting Old, Kenny Dies and the Ladder To Heaven one.
Wearin' my Stan Marsh hat every time I'm on here! *(|:)
cynthia325

Postby cynthia325 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:02 pm

Unassumption wrote:Cry from laughter on first viewing, the ring. oddly.

I did that during Royal Pudding (the wedding scene).

To add, I can watch any episode with geeky references... Star Wars, LOTR, Harry Potter, etc... and laugh so hard that I cry. It gets to the point that my b/f pauses the episode and laughs at me because I am crying from laughing.
Annabis

Postby Annabis » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:40 am

You're getting old broke my heart. :cry: :timmy:
Hippies.They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad.
Player 1

Postby Player 1 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:00 am

I cried tears of joy when I discovered the magic of Chipotleaway
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:48 am

Kenny Dies and You're Getting Old. The latter had me crying at any given moment for a week. *sigh* :cry:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
The Silver Banana

Postby The Silver Banana » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:25 am

None yet, but in the weeks after You're Getting Old, I've gotten close several times. Good to know that I'm not the biggest pussy here, nor the only one who has fictional characters as a substitute for friends.

...is there something wrong with me? :cry:

Postby sbedo » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:13 am

You're Getting Old, and any episode that Butters' cries in. I am such a whimp.
kalbahamut

Postby kalbahamut » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:51 am

I felt a little sad at the end of the last episode because I, like most others here, felt it was a very obvious allusion to the fact that MNT are getting sick of the show and that it might end soon. And the way they played it perfectly *almost* perfectly straight was a bit jarring, too. I think when funny shows suddenly become serious it can have more impact because it sort of throws you for a loop.

However, it didn't make me cry. If the show is cancelled at this point I actually think it would be overdue. The last few seasons have sucked.

The only episode that has earned that distinction was the brilliant Return of Chef. The first time I saw that, it was the first episode after the Isaac Hayes and MNT blow up had leaked. Everyone was wondering what was going to happen and if Isaac was going to leave the show. They had Chef return at the beginning of the episode... giving you hope that they trio had patched up their differences. However it quickly became apparent that they were just using old cut-together clips of audio that Isaac had previously recorded for older episodes. Hope that Isaac was back was dashed.
But... they kept you in suspense the entire episode, because then the story of the episode became about whether or not the kids of South Park could save Chef from the fruity little club he had joined.
When Chef finally snapped out of at the Peppermint Hippo, maybe it was just my imagination but it seemed like they at that point were trying harder to make the cut-together speech sound more natural, and at first I thought that those scenes actually had new audio recorded by Isaac Hayes and that he had returned after all.
Then... The Super Adventure Club shows up and grabs Chef, taking him away... you really didn't know how the show was going to end up. Since Matt and Trey and Isaac had not said anything publicly, we were all discovering for the first time through this episode if Chef was going to come back or not. It made the drama of the episode very very real.
Finally... the boys manage to rescue Chef, but as they are running away on that rope bridge... so close... the fruity little club shows up and starts arguing to Chef to come back to them. Chef looks sadly at the boys.. Stan says, "but Chef, we love you..." and then Chef turns away and goes back. It was exactly at that point that I lost it and started crying. Because we did love Chef... and it was clear at that moment that in the end he chose his fruity little club over staying with us all in South Park, and that he wouldn't be back.
The funeral at the end with everyone paying their respects was also very sad but it was the scene at the rope bridge that made me actually cry. Brilliant episode. Similar to the Cartoon Wars finale where you didn't know if Comedy Central was going to puss out or not.
aspergillus

Postby aspergillus » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:06 am

"kenny dies" is the only episode that nearly caused this.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”