Emmy nominations are out, and SP has a spot in it!

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

CartmanPorter

Re: Emmy nominations are out, and SP has a spot in it!

Postby CartmanPorter » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:01 pm

@Wii ft man- No I'm not a troll. I'm on this site because I love SP and I like to come here freely to talk about it without someone like YOU lecturing me in defense of the MacFarlane shows.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:07 pm

Cool, they picked my favorite episode so far from season 15. CBAA was brilliant.

I've seen all the episodes of the nominated shows and in my opinion, it'll come down to South Park and Futurama. The fact that they don't have one yet might give the edge to Futurama.

You read it! You can't unread it!
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:41 pm

^I agree 100%

They couldn't have nominated a better episode.
Stan and Kyle :)
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:16 pm

Wii Fit Man wrote:I actually quite like the un-nominated American Dad.

Same, I'm shocked the same mind that made FG made it. Looks like he developed as a writer or can target to different audiences or something. With the shows that did get nominated SP deserves the win but that's no necessitation that it'll get it.

(People need to stop using free speech as though it stops other people responding to what they're saying, as much as they need to stop calling people trolls when they could just be stupid or socially awkward.

You don't have to accept everything M and T have ever said or love every moment of the show to enjoy it, maybe to be a fanatic about it but as far as I know there's no requirement to worship the show to post here, and who wants to anyway I bet M and T don't act like that regarding themselves or the show or want fans to. Nor do you need to hate every other show on air to like this one.)

I enjoyed the episode a lot though it wasn't my fave of the season, it definitely deserves an award this half season was definitely back on form for the show and it needs some reward to encourage them to keep it up!
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:55 pm

The Emmy winners will be announced on the third weekend of September. The creative arts Emmys (which include animated series) will be announced on the second weekend (aka CRAP night, lol).
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
cynthia325

Postby cynthia325 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:58 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:Cool, they picked my favorite episode so far from season 15. CBAA was brilliant.

I've seen all the episodes of the nominated shows and in my opinion, it'll come down to South Park and Futurama. The fact that they don't have one yet might give the edge to Futurama.

Futurama has yet to disappoint me this season. It's good to have the gang back on tv!

I find it interesting that most people prefer American Dad over Family Guy. And with that being said: Futurama over The Simpsons.
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:58 pm

cynthia325 wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:Cool, they picked my favorite episode so far from season 15. CBAA was brilliant.

Futurama has yet to disappoint me this season. It's good to have the gang back on tv!

I find it interesting that most people prefer American Dad over Family Guy. And with that being said: Futurama over The Simpsons.

Sp/Futurama/Simpsons over anything Seth Macfarlane has ever done :D
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
The Silver Banana

Postby The Silver Banana » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:06 am

triplemultiplex wrote:I've seen all the episodes of the nominated shows and in my opinion, it'll come down to South Park and Futurama. The fact that they don't have one yet might give the edge to Futurama.

Actually, Futurama won for an episode called Roswell That Ends Well in 2002. (In the process, they beat Osama Bin Laden has Farty Pants, and I'm actually cool with that.)

Postby The Silver Banana » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:27 am

Um... anyone know how it went?

Postby Big-Will » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:35 am

Futurama got the Emmy. :/ Good for Comedy Central, bad for South Park.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:48 pm

WHAT? Oh wow :x :oops:
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:49 pm

Oh hey, hey.

What has two thumbs and was totally right?

This guy.

m/ \m

Even if they didn't put Best Animated Show on 'crap night' I still wouldn't watch the Emmies.
Booooorrrriiinnnggg!!!!

I'd much rather watch football.

You read it! You can't unread it!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:41 am

I caught part of the Emmys. The few jokes I saw got no reaction whatsoever.
saggyfliptard

Postby saggyfliptard » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:00 am

Damn it. I thought that the whole Slash thing, with Cartman's CBAA would do it. Well, I guess that's fine. Just wait until South Park is as popular as The Simpsons, not saying SP isnt as popular, but y'know. More "Kids" watch The Simpsons because they know it's "okay". Now South Park... That's a different story. Alright, well... My point is: There aren't enough viewers because this hasn't been taken completely by "The Younger Generation..."...
Im baaaaaack!

Hey, yknow whats funny?

Your face?

Exactly. <_>

Return to “General South Park Discussion”