Missing episode

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

louagn18o3

Missing episode

Postby louagn18o3 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:01 pm

Hi All
I am new here, if it has been asked before then just ignore it.

I was checking episode names on this site in episode finder section, and I noticed the 12th episode in the season 9, Trapped in the closet, is missing. Is it just a mistake or actually some reasons in it?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Missing episode

Postby Big-Will » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:13 am

I don't know where you're looking, but it's there, in the U.S., anyway.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
louagn18o3

Postby louagn18o3 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:51 am

Big-Will wrote:I don't know where you're looking, but it's there, in the U.S., anyway.

I am at the U.K. Here is the screen shot

HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:18 am

It's probably banned in your country.
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:31 am

Scientology appears to have more clout in the UK.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
digthatfunk

Postby digthatfunk » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:51 am

Well, whoever censored it probably figured, hey, Matt and Trey don't give enough of a sh*t to stand up for their product the way they used to (i.e. when Comedy Central first threatened them, about Trapped in the Closet or Bloody Mary, they actually fought back, and THAT was only over not re-airing an episode, not ACTUAL CENSORSHIP), why not just begin bending to every request for censorship? I mean, who gives a sh*t about artistic integrity, right?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:42 am

It's not their call. They just make the episodes and deliver them to Comedy Central. They don't have a say as to where they will air, and as we learned last year (well, five years ago, actually), they no longer have final say. Standards and Practices have final say.

digthatfunk

Postby digthatfunk » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:41 pm

Big-Will wrote:It's not their call. They just make the episodes and deliver them to Comedy Central. They don't have a say as to where they will air, and as we learned last year (well, five years ago, actually), they no longer have final say. Standards and Practices have final say.

I mean, it's as much their call as it's ever been, really...Before, when Viacom threatened not to rerun "Trapped in the Closet", did Matt and Trey just acquiesce? No, they protested, and demanded that Comedy Central stand up for their artistic integrity. Again, when "Bloody Mary" was going to not be reaired, Matt and Trey stood up and demanded of Comedy Central they quit playing games. But I guess it's much easier to stand up for your "artistic integrity" when it's just plain old, unthreatening Christians on the "attack". But if a "terrorist" should "threaten" something, even if he's been arrested...well, why fight that one right? They only censored it to sh*t and made the whole point completely unintelligible, is all.

I say all this as someone who is/was one of Matt and Trey's biggest fans, not just of South Park but of all that they were willing to do to protect their vision; so please, don't mistake me for a troll or something of the sort. I just find it much harder to respect an artist unwilling to fight for what they believe in. As said elsewhere, South Park is Comedy Central's cash cow, and if they didn't want to air it, I'm sure another broadcaster would be glad to make bank in this day and age.
SMxLOVESxSP

Postby SMxLOVESxSP » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:24 pm

I looked in the "Special" area and it doen't show the Movie: Bigger, Longer and Uncut. :?: :?: :?:
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:34 pm

digthatfunk wrote:South Park is Comedy Central's cash cow, and if they didn't want to air it, I'm sure another broadcaster would be glad to make bank in this day and age.

Maybe, but Matt and Trey have never thought so. They were once surprised and then glad that Comedy Central let them get away with as much sh*t as they have - everyone else just didn't want the show: "nothing but fart jokes and toilet humor." If CC just yanked the show, Trey would just make more movies and/or musicals. Once CC is done with South Park, I don't see Trey shopping the show anywhere else or making a new series. For comparison, who'd take the Simpsons if Fox dropped it?

SMxLOVESxSP wrote:I looked in the "Special" area and it doen't show the Movie: Bigger, Longer and Uncut. :?: :?: :?:

Of course not. That's a movie, not an episode in the show, so it was only here once a few years ago.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”