Yeah, I want Cheesy Poofs!

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

zzyzx 1

Re: Yeah, I want Cheesy Poofs!

Postby zzyzx 1 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:07 am

Well, on this starving' student's budget, I will buy out as much Cheesy Poofs as possible! Countdown to August 28:

5 days left :D

@triple: as the OP, you can always go back to your OP and change the thread title to whatever you want, in addition to Will having that ability. Being the OP has it's perks too :)
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:44 pm

Good to know. That was the first time in six years that I wanted to edit a thread title.

Cool pics, Will. None of the boys look too happy for whatever reason.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Hydroleaf

Postby Hydroleaf » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:29 am

Today, my mom bought me two bags of Cheesy Poofs! Awesome!! They tasted nice, and I'm not even a big fan of cheesy chip foods. In any other, non-South Park situation, I probably wouldn't have bought them. :)
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:27 pm

Well, I went to Wal-Mart. They had no Cheesy Poofs for sale :(

In fact, the Wal-Mart associates and management (those working that day) knew nothing about it either :|

So today I called customer service at Frito-Lay. They knew that only Wal-Mart would be carrying Cheesy Poofs, and that it will be a limited run. But unlike other Frito-Lay products, they don't have the ability to see which Wal-Marts have them yet in stock. Apparently ALL Wal-Marts will get them, but even that is not a certainty at this point. And there is no way to tell when your particular local Wal-Mart will get their supply.

Major Cities are rumored to get them first; I went to a Los Angeles area Wal-Mart and that location I went to did not have it.

So the wait for Cheesy Poofs continues . . . .

btw, I speculated to the customer service rep at Frito-Lay that their version of Cheesy poofs will be the same as the current Cheetos product. I was told it will be exactly the same! Only the packaging will be different.

Good luck finding Cheesy Poofs. :)
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:47 pm

Hahahaha, I thought they would just be Cheetos under a different name. Indeed, when they showed Cheesy Poofs in the very first episode 14 years ago, I noted that they wore spoofing Cheetos, and now you have Cheetos being sold as Cheesy Poofs. :D
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:00 am

I have now telephoned five L.A. area Wal-Marts; none have Cheesy Poofs. And the phone calls take so long.

Me: Do you carry Cheesy Poofs yet in the grocery section or the impulse aisle at the check-out counters?

Them: What?

Me: (Explains the WHOLE story, Comedy Central's deal with Frito-Lay re: South Park's 15th season; limited edition product sold exclusively at Wal-Mart stores all across the country, etc., etc.) <---- This takes a lot of time. No way to shorten what I say :( )

Them: Let me check; after waiting a LONG time, Them: Never heard of it. We know nothing about it.

These phone calls take forever. At the end, they all think it's cool, and they will be on the look out for Cheesy Poofs themselves. Then I call the next Wal-Mart and start the whole conversation all over again :cartmansad:

So those of you who have purchased Cheesy Poofs already - would you mind telling us the part of the country you bought it in? In the west coast, east coast, or points in-between. At least this way we can keep track of the product placement in Wal-Mart as this limited edition is rolled out to the Wal-Marts. And I will do this as well. As soon as I am able to buy some, I will post it here :D

I assumed (as did most people on this board) that Cheesy Poofs would all be available in every Wal-Mart on the same day that was announced some time ago. Oh well.

I like Cheesy Poofs; you like Cheesy Poofs. If we didn't eat cheesy poofs,
We'd be... Lame.

This Frito-Lay/Wal-Mart start date of selling Cheesy Poofs is Lame imo. Nevertheless, I plan to buy at least two dozen :o One for eating each night during the airing of new episodes (that's 7 packages of Cheesy Poofs), 5 more to munch on - that's a dozen.

Then some to keep as collectables, some to possibly sell on ebay, and some more to eat :)

We want CP! (Cheesy Poofs) :D
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:15 am

Someone did get some Cheesy Poofs Monday night, and this is his review:
Been a fan of South Park since 1998. Huge fan here, been watching since the first season and have never stopped. Went to pick up my Cheesy Poofs today at The Wal-Mart. First of all, they weren't in a green box like in the show. I mean, that's not totally terrible, as they came in an orange bag with the rocket logo and the Cheesy Poofs song quoted on the back. But, a little attention to detail would have been nice. I thought it was curious when I saw that my receipt said "Cheetos." Anyway, I got home tonight after work and opened them up - only to find things shaped like Cheetos. They aren't poofs, and they aren't balls like they are in the show. They pretty much put Cheetos in a Cheesy Poofs bag and sold them. I wouldn't have been surprised had it been anyone other than South Park, who seems to remain true to their fans. But, I mean, c'mon. You can't just give us a different bag and tell us they are Cheesy Poofs. Pretty pissed off here, just had to let you know. A friend of mine who is also a huge fan wanted me to pick some up for him as he doesn't live near a Wal-Mart, but he said not to bother once I told him they were just Cheetos in a different bag. I know I am taking this awfully serious, but I expected better from the Matt & Trey. Year of the fan my ass.

This guy isn't from L.A., I can tell you that. I went to a different Walmart yesterday and didn't find them. So, either they're hard to get, or they suck. Two strikes; this promotion is... LAAAME!!!
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:24 pm

A friend of mine informed me he managed to find them at a Walmart about 15 miles from here, and that was about 3 days ago. Unfortunately, that's the closest one to where I am.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:59 pm

Bought them today at Wal-Mart in Plainfield, IL. They were pretty good tasting, as I like eating Cheetos. I hope we will see some supporting character merchandise soon.
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:08 pm

I'VE GOT CHEESY POOFS! I'VE GOT CHEESY POOFS! And yes, they're delicious! WOOO!
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:04 pm

If I change the meaning of pizza to cheesy poofs then i got cheesy poofs ._.

I could write cheesy poofs on wotsits then i got them ._.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Kreton

Postby Kreton » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:12 pm

I actually got a bag on the release date. I walked into the Wal-Mart went down the chip aisle and couldn't find them anywhere. There was a woman stocking Frito-Lay chips so I approached her and asked if they had the new South Park Cheesy Poofs. She didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I explained that it was a limited edition that was supposed to be released in Wal-Marts TODAY! She said she saw something in the back that might be what I was talking about. She walked off and came back with a bag of Cheesy Poofs! I was wanting several bags, but I didn't have the heart to ask her to walk back and get me more bags. I had to be somewhere and I would be coming back through in about two hours. I figured I would just stop later and they should have them out by then.

Boy was I wrong!

I stopped again a few hours later and couldn't find them anywhere. I asked employees about them and they didn't know what I was talking about. Apparently Frito-Lay stocks their own products in Wal-Marts. When she went in the "back" to get my bag she went to the back of her truck, not the back of the store. She left the story with all the Cheesy Poofs!!!

My advice to anyone still looking. Find out when the Frito-Lay person comes by to stock and then ask them about the Cheesy Poofs.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:43 pm

I got me a tub-o-balls.
They're just generic cheese balls from Garden Ridge, but at least I now know that someone other than Utz makes them. They aren't really that great. They taste like they've been flavored with the same cheese powder they use to flavor cheese crackers for those little packages of peanut butter cheese crackers you can get at a gas station. :/ The 'Poofs taste way better, but the balls don't get stuck in your teeth the way poofs do. (ha-ha! muliple entendre!)
japansamsus

Postby japansamsus » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:46 am

made an account just to say that it is super f*cking lame that they are selling these at walmarts.

I thought Matt and Trey were better than that.

Guess you gotta sign a deal with the devils (Walmart and fritolay) sometime.

Bet there is MSG in them too.

But then again it is prolly cartman wannabes who will eat this sh*t and some hot pockets.

late.
priya31

Postby priya31 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:19 am

Excellent thread..!!!
puff machine

Return to “General South Park Discussion”