New episodes suck? (yes, it's that time again)

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

kapnchronic420

New episodes suck? (yes, it's that time again)

Postby kapnchronic420 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:59 am

First off let me start by saying I have been a fan of south park since episode one, i have family that lives in south park Colorado and I have more than one autographs of matt stone and trey parker, met them in person, yada yada.

Anyway, does anyone else think the new episodes are kind of dull? I was very stoked for the new episode this week and I watched the whole thing without even smiling, kinda got bored with it. 99% of south park episodes make me ball laughing my a$$ off.

Opinions?

-Kapn
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: New episodes suck?

Postby Big-Will » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:05 am

Some people think the show now has better writing, but has lost some of its spontaneity and hilarity.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:21 am

I'd agree with that. Just from what I've seen, it seems that the people who have been with the show from the start tend to prefer the earlier episodes, and the ones who got into it in later years tend to prefer the later ones.
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:56 am

Oh look, it's this thread again. :roll:

(btw, I got into the show in season three, and I still enjoy it.)
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
AKSnowfox

Postby AKSnowfox » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:16 pm

Watching since episode 1, yeah I prefer the older stuff. If I had to explain I'd say the show felt a lot less serious and more charming back when. There were a lot more episodes of the kids just being kids (taken to the extreme; which was the humor) back then. It feels more like they're just adults in kid bodies in the last few seasons.

It's a shame too because I remember Matt and Trey saying they liked making those episodes the most.

I'unno the new stuff still has great moments too and I don't expect to stop watching anytime in the near future. It's the only T.V. show I watch anymore for a reason.
kapnchronic420

Postby kapnchronic420 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:00 am

trust me I'm not dogging on SP at all, I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything about a new manager or anything that could be the reason for the change?
nick the hutton

new south park is different in bad ways.

Postby nick the hutton » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:27 am

wow that new episode "ass burgers" Hinted on how sh*tty these episodes are. im a huge fan of SP and own season 1-13 and i really do try to watch the new ones. I have to say that family guy is now actually better. all of 15 i havent caught myself laughing once. seriously. I hate that im typing this but i had to go on line to see if other ppl think the same and am relieved its not just me. matt and trey in the off chance you are reading this take some time off before you lose your fans for good. im sorry to say but i will be one of them that will always say remember the good south park as if its dead already. kinda the way chef went i will not remember these last crappy episodes as what i think to be south park. i feel like crying now. only if matt and tray knew how much south park means to people they would just stop making episodes for the sake of the good memories we all had while watching a good old fashion boys being boys episode. all these new young fans don't know what real south park is about or have been about and they claim to be true south park fans. what might help is if matt and trey just watch old episodes and remember that maybe before there were not trying to have formulas on what they were trying to do. i dont know... good bye south park, i love you and you will always be missed. i hope one day i will have new laughs over an episodes but i have chosen not to get my hopes up any longer. your true loyal fan,,,,, nick hutton <=.0(
maxbjr

Postby maxbjr » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:00 am

I started watching SP from episode 1, and I still think its great. No doubt after 200+ shows you're going to have shows that aren't as funny as other shows, and you'll have shows that require you to think more than others. But all in all, SP is still the best series going.
seether1234

Re: New episodes suck? (yes, it's that time again)

Postby seether1234 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:02 am

well im gunna have to disagree heres why i love the new animation the new story lines but i see where your coming from with the seriousness but its good becoz it still has that sense of stupidness like "kids cant do that" season 9 ep 5 for example wing that was hilarious coz they are kids as a tallent agency thats funny sh*t
B_Hammock

Postby B_Hammock » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:10 am

I've been a fan for about six or seven years, although I watched little tidbits with my older brothers before then. I think since season 10 the show has gone a bit downhill but I will say that the latest two episodes were great.
scRaTcH#667

Postby scRaTcH#667 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:19 pm

BRMBug wrote:I'd agree with that. Just from what I've seen, it seems that the people who have been with the show from the start tend to prefer the earlier episodes, and the ones who got into it in later years tend to prefer the later ones.

That's a generalization, I've been watching South Park since episode one and I like the new episodes. Yes, that's right, I've been with this show ever since Cartman got an anal probe and Kenny died for the first time. Every season has at least one highlight epic episode in it (this season it allready was Crack Baby Athletic Association for me, last season Medicinal Fried Chicken...) and tons of other episodes that are at least rly good. Until it stays that way keep em' coming. I admit some episodes are worse than others, but each and every episode gives me at least few laughs. I mean com'on... how can you not laugh at least at the City Sushi for example? That makes me a SAD PANDA!

tl,dr: basically what this guy said >

maxbjr wrote:I started watching SP from episode 1, and I still think its great. No doubt after 200+ shows you're going to have shows that aren't as funny as other shows, and you'll have shows that require you to think more than others. But all in all, SP is still the best series going.
[/quote]
yukashu

Postby yukashu » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:19 pm

Well hold on a second guys I think that you are wrong... You see, the new episodes of south park are dumb and stupid just like all the rest, but thats why south park is funny in the first god damn place... The only difference is that the new episodes are ultra dumb and stupid where as the old ones were just dumb and stupid...
ChocoEClaire

Re: new south park is different in bad ways.

Postby ChocoEClaire » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:21 am

nick the hutton wrote:wow that new episode "ass burgers" Hinted on how sh*tty these episodes are. im a huge fan of SP and own season 1-13 and i really do try to watch the new ones. I have to say that family guy is now actually better. all of 15 i havent caught myself laughing once. seriously. I hate that im typing this but i had to go on line to see if other ppl think the same and am relieved its not just me. matt and trey in the off chance you are reading this take some time off before you lose your fans for good. im sorry to say but i will be one of them that will always say remember the good south park as if its dead already. kinda the way chef went i will not remember these last crappy episodes as what i think to be south park. i feel like crying now. only if matt and tray knew how much south park means to people they would just stop making episodes for the sake of the good memories we all had while watching a good old fashion boys being boys episode. all these new young fans don't know what real south park is about or have been about and they claim to be true south park fans. what might help is if matt and trey just watch old episodes and remember that maybe before there were not trying to have formulas on what they were trying to do. i dont know... good bye south park, i love you and you will always be missed. i hope one day i will have new laughs over an episodes but i have chosen not to get my hopes up any longer. your true loyal fan,,,,, nick hutton <=.0(

So age determines how true of a fan you are? O_o
._____.
|_____|
() o_o ()
...|__|----> this is Kyle

98% of teens have one of these 98% statistics in their signatures, copy and paste if you're in the 2% that doesn't...hey, wait a minute...
MyXboxBrokeYoo

Postby MyXboxBrokeYoo » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:02 am

wow really??? i found season 15 to be hilarious, been a SP fan since BIGGER LONGER AND UNCUT, late 1999
cacamal

SEASON 15

Postby cacamal » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:32 am

will the guys/girls who create sp please return to using marijuana, laxatives, vegetarian chili. Season 15 sucks. It so horrible I am finding new ways to fill the time in-between autoerotic behavior. seriously sp peeps you are like rock stars...you must activate your buzz or your episodes suck tante. please fill your bodies full of stool softening goodness to return to the simpler times of south park being funny. gracias por todo.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”