New episodes suck? (yes, it's that time again)

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

monitort

Re: New episodes suck? (yes, it's that time again)

Postby monitort » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:23 am

The new episodes, or seasons for that matter, don't just suck, they SUCK.

The writers try to make abstract points about things which really are stressed enough somewhere else. But if they must do that, please, please at least make funny episodes. Lemmiwinks and wikileaks? What? That's not smart. That's just being desperate to come up with any idea. The last of the Meheecans gave me some hope, but this new episode blew it. If they go on like this, they should just end the show and also the suffering.

Cartman stopped being funny many seasons ago. His new voice is horrible and has lost all its innocence. The acting is also terrible. Cartman seems to always be shouting. The first seasons didn't have modern graphics, but the stories were brilliant. Anyway. I don't know about other people, but I'll stick to the older seasons.
cynthia325

Re: New episodes suck?

Postby cynthia325 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:57 pm

NeuroHeart wrote:Oh look, it's this thread again. :roll:

(btw, I got into the show in season three, and I still enjoy it.)

I'm with you! If people don't like it just stop watching... seems to be that people ove to complain about episodes they hate more than celebrate episodes they love.
cynthia325

Re: SEASON 15

Postby cynthia325 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:00 pm

cacamal wrote:will the guys/girls who create sp please return to using marijuana, laxatives, vegetarian chili. Season 15 sucks. It so horrible I am finding new ways to fill the time in-between autoerotic behavior. seriously sp peeps you are like rock stars...you must activate your buzz or your episodes suck tante. please fill your bodies full of stool softening goodness to return to the simpler times of south park being funny. gracias por todo.

*clapping* good job making yourself look ignorant... don't you know that they NEVER have and DON'T to this day use drugs in order to make a show... if you watched the documentary and witnessed the insanity of making an SP ep each week... there is no time for drugs... M&T have said it themselves in interviews... get your facts straight, dude :lol:
maxbjr

Postby maxbjr » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:16 pm

One of the definitions of insanity is continuing to do something you don't like, expecting different results. I agree with cynthia325, if you don't like the show anymore, find something else to do.
Hcshannon

Postby Hcshannon » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Well, if you like crude and juvenile animation, Beavis and Butthead has just returned to MTV.
rprevidi

Postby rprevidi » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:47 pm

First time poster here but long time fan...

Seriously, the past couple season's episodes have been completely riddled with bad episodes. So bad that I felt compelled to post something... the creativity, the humor, the fun, the wittiness all seem to of vanished over the past couple seasons... (have Matt and Trey been abducted by visitors?). The DVD sets were always a must buy for me but not for a few seasons now... the recent episodes have just been horrible compared to the material we've seen in the past... the show has taken a nose dive...

Sorry... I don't mean to hate on what was one of my favorite shows of all time but the recent episodes reek of laziness and poor writing...
Snake2356

Postby Snake2356 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:09 am

I dont think they suck, I love the new episodes. I even must say season 15 is one of my favorite seasons 15. :cartmanlaugh:
BDurden

Postby BDurden » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:19 pm

Personally, I love the new South Park as much as I loved the show when I first started watching at a very young age.

I didn't catch the subtle nuances in those days... I didn't know if it was topical or not... I just knew it was funny for some reason. Juvenile humor, crazy randomness... whatever... it was funny.

Now that I'm in my mid twenties, I see the show (and old episodes) in a new light. Satire! Topical humor! Inside jokes! Suddenly I'm not only laughing at the end of episodes, I find myself feeling smarter. I feel like Stan after each episode is over. "You know, I learned something today..." as each new episode makes me see a new slant on whatever's going on in the world today.

So no... I don't think the new episodes suck. I think the boys, the show, and the writers just grew up... like I did.
M.C.K.
starlitlight

Postby starlitlight » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:39 am

BDurden wrote:Personally, I love the new South Park as much as I loved the show when I first started watching at a very young age.

I didn't catch the subtle nuances in those days... I didn't know if it was topical or not... I just knew it was funny for some reason. Juvenile humor, crazy randomness... whatever... it was funny.

Now that I'm in my mid twenties, I see the show (and old episodes) in a new light. Satire! Topical humor! Inside jokes! Suddenly I'm not only laughing at the end of episodes, I find myself feeling smarter. I feel like Stan after each episode is over. "You know, I learned something today..." as each new episode makes me see a new slant on whatever's going on in the world today.

So no... I don't think the new episodes suck. I think the boys, the show, and the writers just grew up... like I did.

Agreed. ^^
Favorite characters: Stan, Cartman and Butters
Favorite episodes: Whale Whores, My future self n me, Cartman gets an anal probe, Raisins
Favorite pairing: Stan/Cartman :)
ZparkZ

Postby ZparkZ » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:12 am

I like 'em all. But I prefer the old ones because they made me laugh for 10 minutes. New ones only give me a chuckle at most. At some point, you know what's going to happen. Like how I expected Cartman to be the 2nd poorest kid..
Apparently Matt and Trey don't like making the new ones as much as they tried to kill Kenny off for good (If you don't count that as old)
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:07 am

Me, I'm a 'new' fan. Got into the show late 2009. Season 14 was the first season I saw as each new show aired. But up until March of 2010 I watched all the other seasons, in no particular order. I would watch around 3 episodes per day leading to season 14 so I could have the whole series watched by the time new episodes came back. And for me, I don't prefer the old or new episodes as I never watched them in order. I just have my fav eppies and seasons (2, 6, 7,8,9) and try to enjoy each show for what it is. Although some just... I can never fall in love with. (Mecha Streisand, Royal Pudding).

The new episodes do not suck. What's great about SP is each week is something new and a lot of times, unexpected. Something relevant and fresh and based off of the world and kids these days. And I love the mystery to each show because it could end up really really good. You never know what they might do next.

That's my take on it. :santa:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Randy_peru

Postby Randy_peru » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:52 pm

Dude, what the hell are you talking about? Have you seen that episode of Randy wearing a Spiderman costume :shock: ? Oh, my, I confess I logged into the forum, because I was re-watching that clip, it was awesome... and I'm still thinking it's very funny... :lol: :roll:

I accept that episode of History Channel was not one of the best, but, you have the Humancentipad at this season... I think that episode was amazing...

Well, greatings from Peru... thanks to the internet I can whatch the new episodes before they are transmitted for MTV

PS: this is a reply for one of the first posts...
rens500

Postby rens500 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:47 pm

I think the shows are good, some less funny and some hilarious and
I like how SP had/has a deeper message sometimes.
Kyoshuri

Postby Kyoshuri » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:51 pm

Dude every show have a change even if you don't like it just like SP. It changed and going through evolution, although I didn't see the episodes yet for several reasons it can't stay the same forever. Face the facts
Veggamattic

Postby Veggamattic » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:47 pm

The show has become a little more serious but so has life in many ways. The quality, the talent and most importantly the integrity of the show has not changed. There are still brilliant episodes and weak episodes. I've been watching since day 1 and I think season 2 was the weakest and season 11 was the strongest. I don't really see a rise or decline in quality just maturation and complexity increase. Like life.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”