Orgasmo vs Baseketball

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Xailvo

Orgasmo vs Baseketball

Postby Xailvo » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:27 pm

General discussion of the two movies. Which one do you like more and why?
mckorigins

Re: Orgasmo vs Baseketball

Postby mckorigins » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:43 am

Xailvo wrote:General discussion of the two movies. Which one do you like more and why?

Awesome question!

Not that my opinion matters, but I like them both a lot so this is gonna take me a second to figure out. I apologize, I write while I think... it's a bitch to read, but helpful for me.

(Distraction is my problem... I see, hear, and remember far too much)

Ok. Break it down, basics, nitty gritty, no emotional/personal reasons.

Basketball: Funny because it was never seen before. If you saw it today, you wouldn't laugh as hard. Not because Parker and Stone aren't relevant today with their old material... just that it's a stretch of the imagination to MAKE things fit and as I've seen in my journey to self discovery, most people are too lazy to make the connection. It's rude, but it's how I feel. Let me rephrase that. Some people have trouble understanding creative minds, because creative minds don't like to change an idea. When an idea isn't reread, things get lost in translation. This is not the fault of the audience or of the writer, just the fault of time constraints and personal pride. (I feel this way, at least and these are all my attempts at explaining the situation).

Basketball has a lot of inside jokes that were funnier when it came out (nineties right? please correct me if im wrong). topical jokes don't last the ages, because our education system is flawed to the point where knowing our history has become knowing Wikipedia's history, searching for one fact instead of how that fact came to be, and the philosophy of the world is forgotten because of it.

It's the problem with any and all old classics. You can tell me Casablanca is great, and it probably is. But I get nothing out of seeing it except bragging rights that "I'm cultured." Yeah i'm also bored to f*cking death and chucking the movie in the trash. No offense Bogart.

So... to answer your question...

Orgazmo.

M.C.K.
"Never, never, never quit."-W. Churchhill
mckorigins

Postby mckorigins » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:31 am

both have personal attachments to me.

but based on the content, i'd say Baseketball.

the humor is along the same lines as mine. or maybe i developed my humor because Matt and Trey doing Braveheart quotes back and forth reminds me of me and my friends.
"Never, never, never quit."-W. Churchhill
pipparinn

Postby pipparinn » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:44 pm

baseketball !!!

Return to “General South Park Discussion”