I loved the end of that Ass Burgers episode.

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Goofy1234
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:25 am

I loved the end of that Ass Burgers episode.

Postby Goofy1234 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:34 am

As I watched them take away the duck, and Obama comes a sits down quietly like nothing happened, it was so funny.

I just couldn't help but think the only reason you guys did that was so that no one could say that you were implying anything bad of Obama. LOLOL.

And if anyone ever did accuse you of that, well, the duck was white and could clearly be construed to meaning it was Bush, not Obama.

It's obvious that you guys up there in media-entertainment world have to be careful about what you say concerning the politicians that liberals love.
addictedtoblur314
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: I loved the end of that Ass Burgers episode.

Postby addictedtoblur314 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:01 am

Goofy1234 wrote:As I watched them take away the duck, and Obama comes a sits down quietly like nothing happened, it was so funny.

I just couldn't help but think the only reason you guys did that was so that no one could say that you were implying anything bad of Obama. LOLOL.

And if anyone ever did accuse you of that, well, the duck was white and could clearly be construed to meaning it was Bush, not Obama.

It's obvious that you guys up there in media-entertainment world have to be careful about what you say concerning the politicians that liberals love.


I think there is a thread about this episode, but I do not care and am answering this anyway.

Not all liberals love obama...lol. I think he's a lot better than any of the other repub candidates that are trying to run against each other and eventually, B. But i am biased though, I'm so liberal and so much of a democrat that I'd vote for him, because I dont agree with conservative viewpoints.

That said, I laughed at that part too. That said(I said it twice) South Park has clarified some views for me. For example, Stem Cell Research. I completely support it (even though cartman, oh cartman, you dick lol). I also am prochoice (though i'm not like mrs garrison 'oh yay i have a uterus, now i can get pregnant and get an abortion!) because that's just ridiculous. Pretty sure no one feels that way, and i think it's kind of strange how people can think that that would happen if it was legal. Like lol, no. Sorry if i got a little polititicy, it's like 3AM and i should go to bed.

And if that scene w/ the duck means anything (B going back in power) and he does get reelected, m/t will be prophets in my book. (psycho south park cult! Oh yes) :cartmanevillaugh: :cartmanevillaugh: :cartmanevillaugh: :cartmanevillaugh: :tweek: :tweek: :tweek: :tweek: :craig: :gaykenny: :)
"Sometimes, love is hard. But you cant just run away from it. When you start to have somethin special you have to work at it.Even though it might seem that the world is against you,u still have to hold on with both hands! "-Eric Cartman
Unassumption
Posts: 3849
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 8:49 pm

Re: I loved the end of that Ass Burgers episode.

Postby Unassumption » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:41 am

you guys

The SP creators don't read this as far as I can tell ._.

I just couldn't help but think the only reason you guys did that was so that no one could say that you were implying anything bad of Obama.

Given who they've gone after before I doubt M and T care if they offend Obama supporters.
Especially given their libertarian politics and

It's just a duck dude. If anything it'd symbolize that he's acting like a lame duck. Bush isn't the only white president ya'know. They never took the piss out of Bush when he WAS in office and people gave a sh*t about him why do that now? Plus they've taken the piss out of liberal politicians before, and Obama is well...

he's a lot better than any of the other repub candidates

better than the 'other republicans' is a good way to describe him not to derail this ...thread that should be part of the episode thread really.

Sorry if i got a little polititicy, it's like 3AM and i should go to bed.

Same here. Though not in the same time zone. You don't have to agree with everything SP says to find it funny, I just don't think it was saying that.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
leukocyte
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:32 am

Re: I loved the end of that Ass Burgers episode.

Postby leukocyte » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:00 am

I took it more as just the president in general does nothing but spout a bunch of shit- nothing against obama personally, he just happens to be the current shit-spouting figure head...
Goofy1234
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:25 am

Re: I loved the end of that Ass Burgers episode.

Postby Goofy1234 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:55 pm

addictedtoblur314 wrote:
Goofy1234 wrote:As I watched them take away the duck, and Obama comes a sits down quietly like nothing happened, it was so funny.

I just couldn't help but think the only reason you guys did that was so that no one could say that you were implying anything bad of Obama. LOLOL.

And if anyone ever did accuse you of that, well, the duck was white and could clearly be construed to meaning it was Bush, not Obama.

It's obvious that you guys up there in media-entertainment world have to be careful about what you say concerning the politicians that liberals love.


I think there is a thread about this episode, but I do not care and am answering this anyway.

Not all liberals love obama...lol. I think he's a lot better than any of the other repub candidates that are trying to run against each other and eventually, B. But i am biased though, I'm so liberal and so much of a democrat that I'd vote for him, because I dont agree with conservative viewpoints.

That said, I laughed at that part too. That said(I said it twice) South Park has clarified some views for me. For example, Stem Cell Research. I completely support it (even though cartman, oh cartman, you dick lol). I also am prochoice (though i'm not like mrs garrison 'oh yay i have a uterus, now i can get pregnant and get an abortion!) because that's just ridiculous. Pretty sure no one feels that way, and i think it's kind of strange how people can think that that would happen if it was legal. Like lol, no. Sorry if i got a little polititicy, it's like 3AM and i should go to bed.

And if that scene w/ the duck means anything (B going back in power) and he does get reelected, m/t will be prophets in my book. (psycho south park cult! Oh yes) :cartmanevillaugh: :cartmanevillaugh: :cartmanevillaugh: :cartmanevillaugh: :tweek: :tweek: :tweek: :tweek: :craig: :gaykenny: :)


The major issue with Embryonic Stem Cell research being legal is with the people who feel abortion is murder. I mean, I seriously doubt there are many pro-choice people that would not support embryonic stem cell research.

South Park seems to remain mostly neutral on the subject of Embryonic Stem Cell research and abortion with their comments able to be construed as both support or condemnation of it. I think the South Park staff understand the merit behind the idea that an unborn child is still a child, but don't wish to take a specific stance one way or the other like they do on so many other issues.
Goofy1234
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:25 am

Re: I loved the end of that Ass Burgers episode.

Postby Goofy1234 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:01 pm

Unassumption wrote:It's just a duck dude. If anything it'd symbolize that he's acting like a lame duck. Bush isn't the only white president ya'know. They never took the piss out of Bush when he WAS in office and people gave a sh*t about him why do that now? Plus they've taken the piss out of liberal politicians before, and Obama is well...


I understand the idea that it's a lame duck that just talks a bunch of crap. But they removed the duck at the end and replaced it with Obama. What was the point of removing the duck and replacing him with Obama . . . perhaps so that no one could accuse them of calling Obama a lame crap spewing duck, because that's a rather direct definition that some Conservatives today would use to describe Obama. That's what was funny, it was like they were intentionally trying to diffuse that whole argument. Or if you're liberal, it could mean that the duck was Bush, so either way, the joke works for both and SP writing staff can remain neutral. Because Conservatives in Bush's day pretty much tolerated freedom of speech against the president out of tv shows, unlike liberals and Democrats today.
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18941
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: I loved the end of that Ass Burgers episode.

Postby Big-Will » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:56 pm

It didn't matter - to Stan, whoever was/is in the Oval Office was a sh*tting duck until he got over his cynicism.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Goofy1234
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:25 am

Re: I loved the end of that Ass Burgers episode.

Postby Goofy1234 » Thu May 03, 2012 2:33 pm

Big-Will wrote:It didn't matter - to Stan, whoever was/is in the Oval Office was a sh*tting duck until he got over his cynicism.


Yes, but actually having people come in and physically replace the duck with Obama is not the same as the duck morphing into Obama now that Stan no longer saw the world as crap-filled.

But you could be right. Maybe they were concerned with the insult that might be taken, having the white crap-spewing duck morph into Obama. They probably wouldn't assume that it was merely Stan seeing the world in a better way.

But I still don't think you're right because they used a crap-spewing white duck, and a duck, is a common political metaphor used to describe the situation where the politician/s are not doing anything constructive, usually because they're unable due to certain circumstances such as equal power in Congress on issues of too much controversy, or in Palin's case, an incessant barrage of frivolous litigation by the left who were desperate to keep her off of the national stage by making her time as Governor as unproductive as legally possible.
Brendle
Posts: 583
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Re: I loved the end of that Ass Burgers episode.

Postby Brendle » Thu May 03, 2012 3:25 pm

^ People like you need to watch "The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs." There's no f*cking deeper meaning. The president is a duck who sh*ts because Stan sees the world as sh*tty...even presidents. Nothing more. Nothing less.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
cheeto dust
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 4:43 am

Re: I loved the end of that Ass Burgers episode.

Postby cheeto dust » Sat May 05, 2012 7:34 am

i cannot believe someone actually thinks that replacing the duck with obama at the end of the episode was in any way trying to cover their ass from anything i mean honestly
ugh
Neutered Man
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: I loved the end of that Ass Burgers episode.

Postby Neutered Man » Thu May 10, 2012 4:40 am

I'm with Brendle: this is overanalyzing. Another thing to: you guys are WAY too obsessed about President Obama, like the Whig party used to get obsessed over Charles II. I think you're way too obsessed with Liberals, and SP being the vehicle to make fun of them. Keep in mind, Trey and Matt make fun of people on ALL sides, and they've made fun of the Right as much as they've made fun of the Left.

Anyway, I think T&M are more likely lightly jabbing the president goodheartedly, rather than proclaiming him an innefective fop.

You guys got to check out Movie Bob's video article on THE ESCAPIST about fans deriving their political views from SP. It's called Out of the Park. He speaks fast, but he makes very intelligents points about how SP really isn't meant to promote any kind of consistent political agenda, and that fans who derive political beliefs from the show tend to distort what the show really is about.
Zazaban
Posts: 3280
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:32 am

Re: I loved the end of that Ass Burgers episode.

Postby Zazaban » Tue May 15, 2012 1:41 am

I assumed it was just meant to be humorously unexpected, like Abe Lincoln's ghost driving a car.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest