Shorter seasons?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

deadrain

Shorter seasons?

Postby deadrain » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:06 am

Is it just me or has the last two seasons been shorter? or does it seam that way becuse they just have not have had the impact of the other seasons...still they seamed oddly short... :(
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Shorter seasons?

Postby Big-Will » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:32 am

They've been 14 episode per season since season 8, so... it's you.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
toxicathy

Postby toxicathy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:57 pm

season 15 was dull but there was definitely the same amount of episodes from any other season. it just appeared a short season because it was cut in half.
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:03 pm

toxicathy wrote:it just appeared a short season because it was cut in half.

They've been doing half season runs for, um, fifteen years.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
toxicathy

Postby toxicathy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:19 pm

NeuroHeart wrote:
toxicathy wrote:it just appeared a short season because it was cut in half.

They've been doing half season runs for, um, fifteen years.

not entirely true. they don't do it for every season and i recall quite a few seasons being shown in their full.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:42 pm

toxicathy wrote:not entirely true. they don't do it for every season and i recall quite a few seasons being shown in their full.

They've done it every seasons since season 8

7 episodes in the Spring
summer break
7 episodes in the Fall
winter break

No season has ever gone 14 straight weeks, or 13, or 18. NONE.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:51 pm

toxicathy wrote:they don't do it for every season and i recall quite a few seasons being shown in their full.

Um, no. If you check the original air dates of episodes, every season has a break in it. Observe...

Season 1: After October and November each having only one episode each, Mr. Hanky the Christmas Poo ran in December, followed by Damien running in February. The official end of the season, Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut, ran in February.
Season 2: Premiered in June. Summer Sucks ran in June, followed by Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls in August, and then there was actually another gap between Spookyfish in October and Merry Christmas Charlie Manson in December. The final episode aired in January.
Season 3: Premiered in June. Jewbilee ran in July, followed by Korn's Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery in October, then another month-long gap between that and other episodes in that run. The final episode aired in January.
Season 4: Premiered in April. Do The Handicapped Go To Hell/Probably ran in July, followed by Fourth Grade in November. This season ran until December.
Season 5: Premiered in June. Towelie ran in August, followed by Osama Bin Laden Has Farty Pants in November. This season ran until December.
Season 6: Premiered in March. Child Abduction is Not Funny ran in July, followed by A Ladder to Heaven in November. This season ran until December.
Season 7: Premiered in March. Red Man's Greed ran in April, followed by South Park is Gay in October. This season ran until December.
Season 8: Premiered in March. Goobacks aired in April, followed by Douche and Turd in October. This season ran until December.
Season 9: Premiered in March. Erection Day aired in April, followed by Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow in October. This season ran until December.
Season 10: Premiered in March. Tsst aired in May, followed by Make Love, Not Warcraft in October. This season ran until November.
Season 11: Premiered in March. Night of the Living Homeless aired in April, followed by Le Petit Tourette in October. This season ran until November.
Season 12: Premiered in March. Super Fun Time aired in April, followed by The China Probrem in October. This season ran until November.
Season 13: Premiered in March. Fatbeard aired in April, followed by Dead Celebrities in October. This season ran until November.
Season 14: Premiered in March. Crippled Summer aired in April, followed by Poor and Stupid in October. This season ran until November.
Season 15: Premiered in April. You're Getting Old aired in June, followed by Ass Burgers in October. The gap between runs in this season was actually shorter than the gaps in the ten or so seasons to come before it.

I'm sure there have been seasons shown in their full, but only in reruns/syndication.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
LaRoCkO

Postby LaRoCkO » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:44 pm

im ready for the next season.
Proud Member Of The Cartman Army
Cartmans Army: Respect our Athoritah!!!
stevesut1

Postby stevesut1 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:44 pm

LaRoCkO wrote:im ready for the next season.

It won't be long now.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:26 am

LaRoCkO wrote:im ready for the next season.

Who isn't?
deadrain

Postby deadrain » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:46 am

ok LOL i was wrong ...just asking..well eather way i felt like i got ripped off somehow..going back and watching the last season i see its because i got less out of it (less side splitting funny moments compared to other seasons) south park will always be my fav show but they cant shock me like they used to ( my bad , letting my self get desensitized) all i remember is your getting old and funny bot the rest where a blur :timmy:
AtheistOtter

Postby AtheistOtter » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:05 pm

deadrain wrote:going back and watching the last season i see its because i got less out of it ... cant shock me like they used to ( my bad , letting my self get desensitized)

Really? I found this last season very funny and satisfying... Perhaps not "shocking," but I've never watched the show for shock value.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”