Another South Park Movie

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

LadyLithelia

Another South Park Movie

Postby LadyLithelia » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:30 pm

Does anyone else think it would be cool if Parker and Stone made another movie? Bigger, Longer, and Uncut was made in 1999, so it's been 13 years. I think I would like to see another one! What do you guys think?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Another South Park Movie

Postby Big-Will » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:39 pm

They haven't wanted to make a movie since Team America: World Police, but Trey is warming up to the idea. Maybe in five years, or maybe never. They might instead work on bringing The Book of Mormon to the movies.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:05 pm

Who wouldn't want another SP movie?!
LadyLithelia

Postby LadyLithelia » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:57 pm

I hope so! I'll look forward to the day if they do decide to! I'm already pumped for the game coming out!
AlbeeTapes

Postby AlbeeTapes » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:14 pm

id love another SP movie
lots of new characters could be in it
yeah! i gots a youtube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/ALBEEWANKENOBI
KyleBroflovskisGF

Postby KyleBroflovskisGF » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:56 am

Ah, wouldn't that be lovely? Unfortunately, I don't think it will ever become a reality. Even so, the first one was wonderful and we always have that one!
modesthotel

Postby modesthotel » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:28 am

the original was a musical, if they made a sequel would it be a musical too? and if so would any of the songs be as memorable
mr.fukittup

Postby mr.fukittup » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:03 am

It would be killer to see a full length movie about the rise of technology and gaming. Perhaps about how reality shows are taking over tv. I'd love to see teen mom, 16 and pregnant, mob wives, jersey shore, and all that other CRAP like it go down, Parker and Stone style.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:23 am

modesthotel wrote:the original was a musical, if they made a sequel would it be a musical too? and if so would any of the songs be as memorable

Nobody knows...
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:16 am

It's been talked about. They apparently toyed with the idea of Imaginationland as a movie, but used it for the show because they ran out of ideas for episodes. I remember it getting its own DVD release as "The Imaginationland Movie," too.
I'm sure a great deal of effort will be put into writing the plot for the video game, and I've already been hearing buzz about Book of Mormon on the big screen, so if it happens it could be awhile. I'd like to see them wrap the series with a movie or three.

modesthotel wrote:the original was a musical, if they made a sequel would it be a musical too?

It's likely another South Park movie would feature songs. The men in charge love musicals, after all.
and if so would any of the songs be as memorable

This is a stupid question. Trey Parker's songwriting skills hardly peaked in 1999. The man just won multiple Tony awards, and deservedly so.
From the college film to South Park to the puppet movie to Broadway, there have been (multiple) memorable songs. Even the one song from Orgazmo is just ridiculously good and able to lodge in the brain for days. Yes, the songs would be memorable. That's not even a "likely" or a "probably." There is no doubt in my mind that the songs would be gold.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
kittykat1412

Postby kittykat1412 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:57 pm

This is a stupid question. Trey Parker's songwriting skills hardly peaked in 1999. The man just won multiple Tony awards, and deservedly so.
From the college film to South Park to the puppet movie to Broadway, there have been (multiple) memorable songs. Even the one song from Orgazmo is just ridiculously good and able to lodge in the brain for days. Yes, the songs would be memorable. That's not even a "likely" or a "probably." There is no doubt in my mind that the songs would be gold.

^ ditto
and if it came down to another south park movie, or the book of mormon movie, i kinda would want them to work on BoM 1st. we already have a south park movie (2 if u count imaginationland) and id love to see wat they do with their musical on the big screen
snowguys08

Postby snowguys08 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:44 pm

i feel that it has been way to long since the last south park movie i feel that the time south park did the first movie they were not as big as they are today so making another movie would bring in a lot of money for them, there is a lot of devoted fans
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:07 am

i think we should not hope for one. i read they actually want to do one as a FINALE so no wishing away SP is what i say
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
Kushnjuice

Postby Kushnjuice » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:22 am

South park should never end. It's awesome. Haha, but yeah if they did make another movie I can't imagine what it would be about. I mean, after seeing imagination land, I don't know what else they could possibly do that can make up for a 3 parts for a episode. I'm sure if maybe in the coming years some crazy thing happens world wide they will make a episode or a possible movie. If the event is THAT important.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”