How long have you been watching south park?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Lili the Greatest

How long have you been watching south park?

Postby Lili the Greatest » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:13 pm

I've been watching south park since I was about 7:P And this is when it was first airing ever since then I lovers it childhood nostalgihttp://southparkstudios.mtvnima ... 27763.pnga. 8)
NeuroHeart

Re: How long have you been watching south park?

Postby NeuroHeart » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:52 pm

I've been watching it for about 13 years; approximately half my life.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Lili the Greatest

Postby Lili the Greatest » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:13 pm

Omg southpark fan girl like me!!!:D What was the very first episode you ever watched?
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:49 am

Lili the Greatest wrote:Omg southpark fan girl like me!!!:D

Yep, massive fangirl. I've watched the majority of episodes at least five times, compiled lists of homages, listened to the commentary tracks as background noise, etc. You know. Perfectly normal behavior.
What was the very first episode you ever watched?

Rainforest Shmainforest, I'll never forget it. I'd heard of the show, of course, heard about Kenny dying every episode and such, but I didn't have a serious urge to watch it. Caught the episode when I stayed up late one night. When Kenny was struck by lightning, and Kelly demanded someone help him, and Stan said, "Help? ... Him?" I laughed so hard I woke the parents up. My dad thought I was out of my mind at the time, but now he buys the DVD sets and cracks jokes from the show.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Lili the Greatest

Postby Lili the Greatest » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:33 pm

Lol nice I think the very first episode I ever watched was jesus vs. frosty or anal probe and I remember Kenny being my favorite character because they were always yelling out his name when he would die.And I literally had to sit in my hallway and sneak to watch it because my grandparents wouldn't let me and I remember sneaking just to see kenny.^^

I also remember one day my aunt,my grandma and I went to the mall and saw some southpark merchandise and I was able to identify kenny not thinking because i was only like 7 years old I screamed out his name.And got my ass kicked several days during that week for watching it when i wasn't supposed to haha!:)
Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls

Postby Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:14 pm

The first episode I saw was Damien when it was new, but I didn't start watching regularly until a little bit before The Simpsons Already Did It first aired. So it'll be a full 10 years this summer.

EDIT: To elaborate, my best friend recommended the show to me, and I caught a rerun of Cripple Fight! which hooked me. The scenes that sealed the deal were Randy telling Stan to call Cartman an assh*le and Cartman yelling "Cripple fight!"
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:25 am

I began watching twelve years ago (in 2000) and consistently watching nine years ago (in 2003). My first full episode was a rerun of Timmy 2000, which I didn't really like at the time, but before that I had seen the final minutes of Do the Handicapped Go to Hell? on its premiere night and I really liked it.
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:11 am

I started watching in 2000 when it first aired on our TV. First ep I saw was, well first (Cartman Gets an Anal Probe). I was 18 at the time.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:40 pm

Since the summer of 2008. The first new episode I watched was The China Probrem.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:42 pm

sure there's already a thread like this somewhere but at the risk of repeating myself, at least as long as I've been posting here. About 5 years now. I remember when I was a total n00b. Season 10 was new when I started.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Kushnjuice

Postby Kushnjuice » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:55 am

I think I started watching southpark around when season 7 came out. I didn't watch the older episodes for some reason but maybe I should.
imagination95

Postby imagination95 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:49 pm

I started watching in 2004 when my brother showed me the episode "Trapper Keeper" which I didn't like but I was curious so the next episode I watched was "Quest For Ratings" and I loved it and was hooked ever since.
realistpm

Postby realistpm » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:17 pm

'97... i remember watching The Spirit of Christmas at some underground film showing at the huntridge theater in las vegas... wish i could remember the name of the show...

thanks for making me feel old
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:18 pm

Gonna have to say August or September of 1997.

I was only 10 at the time. I had cable in my room. Put on the old Prevue Channel, saw a show rated "TV-MA", wanted to see what the TV-MA rating would look like on a basic cable channel.

It was Cartman Gets An Anal Probe. I laughed so hard. I wanted to wake my sister up and show her, but she was asleep.

I never fully got into the show after this, although I saw several episodes during the early seasons that I loved. Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boatride, Mecha-Streisand, Two Guys Naked In A Hot Tub, Are You There God, It's Me Jesus, there were several. I just saw them at random. Never was a FULL blown fan.

In late 2002, I started watching the show regularly. Suddenly, in July of 2003 (I was 16 at the time) they kept playing the movie on Comedy Central over the 4th of July weekend. That changed my life forever. Once I saw that, I was turned into a fullblown hardcore fan of this show.

I joined this website July 15th 2003 to use the download cart. It says May 14th 2004 was my first post, but it's wrong. A lot of my posts, and threads from 2003 went missing.

After BLU, I began to catch up with the rest of the episodes over the rest of that summer. Than by fall, Season 7 resumed and I haven't missed a new episode since.

So yeah, August or September of 1997, and again late 2002 and summer 2003.
Stan and Kyle :)
cynthia325

Postby cynthia325 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:32 pm

I wanna say I was 15 when I saw the movie and from there I watched the show... almost 10 years a fan =)

I've been a fan of Matt and Trey's for only a year though. I really got into their work and their passion when they did the musical... I'm a theatre geek so I was excited and it got me interested in learning more about them.

As a fan of theirs it has helped me appreciate their creativity and passion for South Park more than I did before.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”