if Stan had another girlfriend?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Stanluv25

Re: if Stan had another girlfriend?

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:40 pm

It would be sad sure but I don't know if I'd be heartbroken. I'd probably cry if Stan was crying about it. I'd only be heartbroken for the death of one of the main boys or one of their parents or main adults like Mr. Mackey. To me, that's sad. But Wendy dying wouldn't tear me apart.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:35 am

Stanluv25 wrote:It would be sad sure but I don't know if I'd be heartbroken. I'd probably cry if Stan was crying about it. I'd only be heartbroken for the death of one of the main boys or one of their parents or main adults like Mr. Mackey. To me, that's sad. But Wendy dying wouldn't tear me apart.

I think you want Stan to yourself! /grin
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:57 pm

^I don't, I can assure you. Those fans who are actually attracted to the kids freak me out a bit. It's just weird and wrong. I just like defending him because he's my fav and when something is my favorite, I get all omg about it. :)

Haa, I love that line.
yamilynn

Postby yamilynn » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:29 pm

I'm with Stanluv25. If Stan dies on the show I would be heartbroken and torn a part because Stan is like my favorite character with Cartman. I love Stan (not like those weird obsessive fangirls that fantasizes making out with him. Yuck.) and I don't want him or Cartman to die.
I'm a Eric Theodore Cartman fan!
I support CartmanxStan
Cartman, Stan, Kenny, Butters, Clyde and Bebe are my favs.
ems1776

Postby ems1776 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:00 am

Stan being with someone besides Wendy is a scary prospect :stanpuke:
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:37 am

No, no way.

None of the kids should be in relationships, period. Not with each other, not with anyone else.

The kids are ten years old and as far as long term concerns are, prepubescent (Matt and Trey treat them as such despite the sexual gags over the years.) They're incapable of feeling romantic love towards anyone at their current age and more importantly, none of the romantic plotlines are of any long-term consequence. Nobody marries their Fourth Grade Class sweetheart.

Might as well kill Wendy at this point. She's a huge favorite of mine but she's become utterly useless. She lacks any unique traits anymore, besides being Stan's girlfriend. Cartman's nemesis? Kyle took it. Smart, straight-A student? Kyle now. Stan's primary motivation? Kyle, animals, his family. Voice of reason? Changes every damn week. Main female? There's only about 4 episodes in the series where that kind of role matters.

(Seriously, you can take the script of "Weight Gain 4000", switch Wendy and Kyle's names, cut out/modify only a handful of lines, and the episode would barely be any different.)
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:43 am

This topic is the accumulation of that which I despise.

Marsh is fine.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:30 am

JVM wrote:No, no way.

None of the kids should be in relationships, period. Not with each other, not with anyone else.

The kids are ten years old and as far as long term concerns are, prepubescent (Matt and Trey treat them as such despite the sexual gags over the years.) They're incapable of feeling romantic love towards anyone at their current age and more importantly, none of the romantic plotlines are of any long-term consequence. Nobody marries their Fourth Grade Class sweetheart.

Might as well kill Wendy at this point. She's a huge favorite of mine but she's become utterly useless. She lacks any unique traits anymore, besides being Stan's girlfriend. Cartman's nemesis? Kyle took it. Smart, straight-A student? Kyle now. Stan's primary motivation? Kyle, animals, his family. Voice of reason? Changes every damn week. Main female? There's only about 4 episodes in the series where that kind of role matters.

(Seriously, you can take the script of "Weight Gain 4000", switch Wendy and Kyle's names, cut out/modify only a handful of lines, and the episode would barely be any different.)

Said perfectly. I agree with everything you said just now. But I don't want Wendy to die, she's just not needed like she was. And as you stated, 8/9/10 year old kids do not feel real romantic feelings yet. I don't know how people can say Stan and Wendy are meant to be just because they are 'dating' now. It's such a kid-like thing they're doing, that's all there is to it. Stan will meet his future wife when he's much older. :)

Haa, I love that line.
John_117

Postby John_117 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:31 pm

JVM wrote:No, no way.

I wouldn't kill Wendy; I guess we can just leave her as a crowd character, but I wouldn't kill her; that'd be a bit overboard.

While I can disagree the way their relationship is going down, I'd just leave them be. Yes, they are still "technically", they're just on their own and such.

But overall, I can agree with some of the people here. They are just 9-10 years old, and they should be doing other things instead of dating. Maybe when they reach 6th grade, they can start worrying about that stuff, but for right now, it just doesn't seem "right" for a boy to be attracted to a girl and vice versa.

Besides, there's that "cooties" thing going on during early age...

Stan will meet his future wife when he's much older. :)

Probably will be Wendy.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:38 pm

^Ha. In my version of the boys' future Stan meets his future wife in college. Her name is Kara. And she let's him be himself and isn't some jealous little girl. :)

Haa, I love that line.
John_117

Postby John_117 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:07 am

Stanluv25 wrote:^Ha. In my version of the boys' future Stan meets his future wife in college. Her name is Kara. And she let's him be himself and isn't some jealous little girl. :)

Then tell me this: suppose your boyfriend is checking some other girl out. You'd get jealous too, right? I would.
JVM

Postby JVM » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:18 am

In my universe, Stan dies in young adulthood with a history of various failed relationships.

I was honestly being somewhat factious in my previous post - exaggerated everything a lot, although I do stand by the basic points.

I will say one thing though - if Stan never leaves the town of South Park, and growth is not exponential, it's actually perfectly plausible he could marry Wendy. It is a quiet mountain town after all, the population is small - but if Stan is successful, he'll almost certainly leave town and meet other people. Besides, out of all the ESTABLISHED female characters, Wendy *is* the best choice.

I still believe, however, Wendy has outlived her usefulness and should best be killed off. She's one of my favorite characters but there's absolutely no reason to keep her around anymore.

Just take a look at Pip - Butters usurped his role and despite Pip offering some small differences, he was still killed off. Wendy offers nothing that Kyle doesn't, besides a romantic plot nobody cares about - so, kill her.
forbidden_moose

Postby forbidden_moose » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:31 am

JVM wrote:In my universe, Stan dies in young adulthood with a history of various failed relationships.

I was honestly being somewhat factious in my previous post - exaggerated everything a lot, although I do stand by the basic points.

I will say one thing though - if Stan never leaves the town of South Park, and growth is not exponential, it's actually perfectly plausible he could marry Wendy. It is a quiet mountain town after all, the population is small - but if Stan is successful, he'll almost certainly leave town and meet other people. Besides, out of all the ESTABLISHED female characters, Wendy *is* the best choice.

I still believe, however, Wendy has outlived her usefulness and should best be killed off. She's one of my favorite characters but there's absolutely no reason to keep her around anymore.

Just take a look at Pip - Butters usurped his role and despite Pip offering some small differences, he was still killed off. Wendy offers nothing that Kyle doesn't, besides a romantic plot nobody cares about - so, kill her.

Interesting point. As stated before, were Wendy to die, I think it would be very fitting to the character for it to be in an act of self sacrifice. Like Kenny did in the film.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:42 am

JVM wrote:In my universe, Stan dies in young adulthood with a history of various failed relationships.

You want everyone but Fatass to die, don't you?
JVM

Postby JVM » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:07 am

nwt000 wrote:

You want everyone but Fatass to die, don't you?

Nope, just Wendy and Timmy.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”