Movie references on the show.

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

bsmwey

Movie references on the show.

Postby bsmwey » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:17 am

yesterday i watch some old movies like scarface and silence of the lambs and this was like toilet paper and medical fried chiken eps.
And i think mb others eps connect with films to can i have a list of it ))))))) like some ep connect to some movie
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Movie references on the show.

Postby Big-Will » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:06 pm

You probably won't get a full list of movie refereences, but we'll do what we can. Some of the references are so general (or vague) that you can list a bunch of movies that fit the reference and still be right. Other references are so obvious you can't possibly be wrong.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:28 pm

Compiled from all sources I could find for homages and painstakingly entered in to tvtropes: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/S ... /SouthPark
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
BigGuy101

Postby BigGuy101 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:53 pm

Didn't they do a homage to Stephen King's PET SEMATARY?
My favorite SP characters: Cartman and Butters.

My favorite food: anything pasta related.
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:56 am

BigGuy101 wrote:Didn't they do a homage to Stephen King's PET SEMATARY?

At least three times, if I remember correctly: in "Spooky Fish," in "Asspen" and in "Marjorine." "A burial ground to a tribe of vampire Wichika Indians who ate the flesh of children with no eyes." Man, how effed up is that? :lol:
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:04 am

Repost since it seems no one responding here bothered to click it. Maybe I should just use words with a link in them.
This, right here, is a very comprehensive list of homages, compiled from many sources. Click here if you want a list.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:04 am

bsmwey wrote:yesterday i watch some old movies like scarface and silence of the lambs and this was like toilet paper and medical fried chiken eps.
And i think mb others eps connect with films to can i have a list of it ))))))) like some ep connect to some movie

I guess this thread is unnecessary. Next time someone posts a thread like this that needs to be approved first, I will disapprove it with the following message:

"Google and TVTropes are your friends. Don't post a thread like this without looking at them first." Having said that, I'm locking this thread. Don't post another one like it again, and do look at the link NeuroHeart posted.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “General South Park Discussion”