Dear Matt & Trey

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

tommacco

Dear Matt & Trey

Postby tommacco » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:18 am

Please fire your writing staff and/or stop making new episodes. The show was once great before season 13b, so I can't help but watch new episodes when they air in hopes that you can some day make a recovery (hey, the simpsons have had their ups and downs), but you're just wasting my time now. There's no more subtlety, no more cutting edge humor, just crap (quite literally.)
Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls

Re: Dear Matt & Trey

Postby Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:28 am

So you want Matt and Trey to fire...Trey?
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
John_117

Postby John_117 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:31 am

Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls wrote:So you want Matt and Trey to fire...Trey?

^^ Yep. That's the writing staff you're looking for, OP.
tommacco

Postby tommacco » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:37 am

thought they have a writing staff, maybe they're just drained at this point. i'll admit it was a good run for a long time but c'mon, you guys have seriously been digging the latest episodes?
Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls

Postby Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:47 am

tommacco wrote:thought they have a writing staff, maybe they're just drained at this point.
They do have a writing staff, but not in the conventional sense. From what we've seen, Trey basically bounces ideas off Matt and the writing room, who can propose ideas of their own. But the actual scripts and everything are Trey's babies.

And out of curiosity, what specifically, if anything, do you think sucks about the recent seasons?
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
bbop

Postby bbop » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:21 am

Just wondering if there's any thoughts brewing aboot THE MAN Mr. John Elway, Peyton and departure of Tim rolling around in the head, and if so is there a shot at them coming to life in this new season of SP? and the guy who posted above is just a one in a million viewer. SP is the best. I enjoy the show just as much now as I did the night back in high school I threw a party to watch the first episode....
Nietzcholas815

Postby Nietzcholas815 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:31 am

I love that this show is so diverse. The monotonous music playing in the background durring the shipping scene of the cash for gold episode was intentionally half ass halarious. This newest episode reminds me alot of margaritaville. You guys should consider making an episode where old people become alienated completely due to their technological illiteracy only to succeed in setting off an EMP sold to them by the ghost of Mohmar Gudahfi. In the episode Mohmar should relate to them in saying that he "had no idea what was going on anymore either" lmao see i can pull this sh*t out of my ass all day too. You guys should give me a job with the quickness, so I can drop what Im doing and come to casa bonita. Ill write 100 more suggestions if approached by someone. And to dude who started this post saying that SP has gone low brow, your just frustrated because you dont understand the complexity of the show. Its not that complicated or hard to keep up with current events and draw simple correlations between the current condition of society and the suttle jokes in the episodes. The TSA episode was about how pointless rules are, and how we focus way to hard on disaplining our childen. The TSA encroaches on our civil liberties and is a bunch of ignorant tool ass people doing the dirty work for smug ass politicians. Ive got a thousand Ideas Matt and Trey contact me if anyone is interested over there at the office!
Marc_Deon

Postby Marc_Deon » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:33 pm

Wow... I can usually find something clever or interesting in an episode that is not LOL funny. A few have been yawn-city but very few. I really think Cash For Gold is a return to form. I recently enjoyed a 2012 episode of the SImpons so I could be slipping -but- I don't think so. Seth M. and his entire staff (for all 3 shows) are the ones that need to be fired... talk about stretching oneself too thin.
joedanger

Postby joedanger » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:56 pm

You guys's brains just can't understand complex episodes like mine can. :cartmanyell:
You know - I've learned something today.
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:12 am

joedanger wrote:You guys's brains just can't understand complex episodes like mine can. :cartmanyell:

I literally love how ppl post this politely before I can post my thoughts-rudely! Very well said, I agree. :D :lol:
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:09 am

I'm in that position again where people either love or hate something and i feel it was... ok
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:36 am

Unassumption wrote:I'm in that position again where people either love or hate something and i feel it was... ok

Getting to that point now, huh?
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:16 am

They should take it down because you dont like it? Are you kidding me!? Just because you find South Park stale and Matt and Trey's script writing as crap does not mean they should be pulled from the air. This is the only show that actually has the balls to actively rip on taboo topics and is known for the off colour humor. Since you now dislike this show, my recommendation is to avoid writing stuff that wont be read by M+T. If they do. They wont do anything about that complaint. An effective resort is to stop watching.
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
Randy's balls

Postby Randy's balls » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:48 am

I only have 2 things to say.......

If someone here doesn't like the show anymore then leave. Nobody will miss you.

Secondly, Matt and Trey are never going to read anything we say here. They aren't looking through the forums reading what we are saying.
Man at Bar: Enjoying the show?
Randy: To be honest, I'm just here for the blowjob
Donegati

Postby Donegati » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:05 pm

Dear Matt and Trey...
Don't listen to the topic creator. Please, keep up with the awesome work!

Return to “General South Park Discussion”