Dear Matt & Trey

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

salamander

Re: Dear Matt & Trey

Postby salamander » Tue May 08, 2012 5:09 am

I have watched South Park since the beginning and always looked forward to new episodes, however, most of the new shows over the last 3-4 years just haven't been funny. There have been some hilarious ones, also, but maybe only once or twice a season. It's 100% subjective and there's no right or wrong opinion on this, but it just seems great shows, particularly ones that were considered edgy, outrageous or boundary-pushing have a limited shelf life, whether it's All In The Family, The Simpsons or South Park. The "new" edgy or outrageous show now (actually for about 5-6 years or so) is It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Very funny, but I wouldn't be surprised if after another year or two it also goes a bit downhill. M & T have a lot on their collective plate and the last documentary called "Six Days to South Park" showed their genius with voice characterization but it was also very telling, with them seemingly out of ideas and just coming up with stuff at the last second. Maybe they used to do it before and it worked because they hadn't already written so many episodes as well as movies and a Broadway musical, but now it seems that the well has run dry. They actually seemed depressed about having to write a new episode.

Thanks SP for all the laughter, great writing and hilarious voice characterizations over the years, but I won't be watching anymore.
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Thu May 10, 2012 1:34 am

Donegati wrote:Dear Matt and Trey...
Don't listen to the topic creator. Please, keep up with the awesome work!

Agree 100 percent with this :D
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
mlilboltb

Postby mlilboltb » Thu May 10, 2012 2:43 am

ok look season 13 mostly horrible and part of 14 horrible as well... but season 15 was amazing it felt like some of the older seasons and matt and trey got back to why we loved south park in the first place... that being said im semi impressed with the newer episodes I loved the ziplining and catman finds love episodes and cartman finds episodes it was the funniest episode for 4+ seasons
psychoticmidds

Postby psychoticmidds » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:25 pm

Don't know what you are talking about, Matt and Trey are amazing that they are still going on after so many seasons. I love that they bring issues from what's going on in the world and bringing to South Park in their own creative way.

Seriously, if you don't like it, don't watch it anymore.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”