Season 16 so far has been.....

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

MoonBear70

Season 16 so far has been.....

Postby MoonBear70 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:24 am

decent, but nothing spectacular..... so far. I was hoping their run of OUTSTANDING episodes from 15B would carry over to this season. However, I like the start of 16 much more than season 15. This is how I would rate the first 4 episodes of season 16:

Reverse Cowgirl - 8.0/10
Cash For Gold - 7.5/10
Faith Hilling - 6.5/10
Jewpacabra - 8.0/10

So, a couple of 8's but no 9 or 10's .........yet.
I was hoping for parodies of "The Hunger Games" or "The Walking Dead". My main beef is too much Cartman so far. Would like to see more characters involved, especially Stan.
How would you rank this season so far?
gretto

f*cking sh*t as f*ck

Postby gretto » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:15 pm

Yeah, no.

To me, this Season is sucking bad, the worst I can recall to my memory.

I find nice ideas in it but...Too few. Result is: tasteless.

I'm very sorry for this, as I'd hope SP endures forever. But I'd not be interested in more seasons like this one, til now.

Jewpacabra did hit rock bottom.
nightwolf115

Re: Season 16 so far has been.....

Postby nightwolf115 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:11 pm

Reverse Cowgirl - 8.5/10
Cash For Gold - 9.0/10
Faith Hilling - 4.5/10
Jewpacabra - 2.0/10
Are Matt and Trey running out of ideas?! Seriously,Jewpacabra is the worst episode ever made. It had like..NO story..it looked like it was just thrown on tv. :cartmanscared:
I'm a zombie killing chick. Boo.
chef423

Postby chef423 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:16 am

You kidding? Its been a BAD JOKE. I dont know what Matt and Trey are smoking but they got a 4 yrs deal to continue SP and this CRAP is what we get???

A few more episodes and I will write them off for dead if they dont start delivering...looks like Season 1-10 reruns for me!
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:30 am

Totally agree with the original poster. It seems OK, it's not trash or great, not the worst or best they've done.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
nightwolf115

Postby nightwolf115 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:31 am

(Acendent Double post here,sorry X3)
Last edited by nightwolf115 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a zombie killing chick. Boo.
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:40 am

chef423 wrote:You kidding? Its been a BAD JOKE. I dont know what Matt and Trey are smoking but they got a 4 yrs deal to continue SP and this CRAP is what we get???

A few more episodes and I will write them off for dead if they dont start delivering...looks like Season 1-10 reruns for me!

Eh, when I think of crap I'll direct you to this: http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-ep ... tle-fibers
Algus

Postby Algus » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:03 am

Eh. Some seasons have been weak, some have been good. Season 16 has been ok so far but after how much I laughed at Season 15, I'm not surprised Season 16 hasn't been quite as good. They'll get back into the swing of things later on.
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:20 pm

MoonBear70 wrote:I was hoping for parodies of "The Hunger Games" or "The Walking Dead".

Saw someone else around here point out that Parker and Stone are not exactly in the demographic for the Hunger Games, so it might not be the first thing they're thinking about when writing or coming up with ideas. They very much are in the demographic for Walking Dead, but they've done zombie episodes before, so that might not be first on their list either.

How would you rank this season so far?

Reverse Cowgirl: 7.0/10
Cash for Gold: 6.5/10
Faith Hilling: 7.5/10
Jewpacabra: 9.5/10

(I though Jewpacabra was very funny, with some great moments and character development. There seems to be a large camp of people who are of the opinion that Cartman even saying he would convert to Judaism means South Park was ruined FOREVER, but I'm not one of them, because I thought it was hysterically funny. He converted because he was scared, and then he started acting superior about it. That is so Cartman. The underlying themes and commentary were also hysterically funny to me, and every time I watch it or think about it, I find more nuance in the jokes, and laugh again. That makes a great episode in my eyes. In fact, I bumped up my rating just writing about all the things I thought were clever or well done.)
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:13 am

I think 16 is by far a better run than 15A was. That one was really...not good. This one has had two funny episodes with plenty of laughs from me. Cash for Gold and Faith Hilling. Reverse Cowgirl was pretty meh, too much fart jokes which I don't find funny. Jewpacabra was one of the worst and unfunniest I've seen.

I have high hopes still, knowing Jewpacabra is probably the worst of the season, so at least that's out of the way. Ya, I have promise each week. I think 16 is pretty fair so far.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
KennyNitro

Postby KennyNitro » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:02 pm

In my opinion, the Cash for Gold episode has been grossly under-rated. Not just in this forum, but from everyone that I have heard comment on it. I laughed so hard during that episode it literally hurt. Also, it features one of the funniest lines I have ever heard from Cartman; "I gotta go get the taste of old lady dick out of my mouth now".

PS: The Jewpacabra episode has to be the lamest I've seen throughout the entire series' run. But with 16 seasons you kind of have to expect a few fails.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:33 pm

I think it good so far. It did get off to a bit of a rocky start with Reverse Cowgirl. Cash for Gold was miles better and really, I felt that Faith Hilling and Jewpacabra were better than their predecessors. I just hope that the next three are just as good if not better.
UhhIDontKnow

Postby UhhIDontKnow » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:33 pm

Mixed bag so far. Two very solid episodes in Jewpacabra and Cow Girl. But two of the worst episodes in the show's history in Cash for Gold and Faith Hilling.

They need to make one or two of the best episodes ever to make up for the two eggs they've laid IMO. Jewpacabra has me hopeful they are back on track again.
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:31 pm

i love this season they make the best episodes practically every time and make people laugh practically every time and rip on the most bizarre topics every time and always manage to hit the spot of off colour humor
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
OctopusSandwich

Postby OctopusSandwich » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:17 am

So far this season has been better than last season to me, I'm enjoying it so far.

Reverse Cowgirl - 8.5/10
Cash For Gold - 8.0/10
Faith Hilling - 9.5/10
Jewpacabra - 8.0/10

Return to “General South Park Discussion”