Season 16 so far has been.....

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

@vinihollweg

Re: Season 16 so far has been.....

Postby @vinihollweg » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:16 pm

I've already gave my reviews about the first few episodes, thinking the only weak one was Jewpacabra (a good idea that didn't brought me any smiles).
Now, for the last three episodes:

5. Butterballs - 8.5/10
What did the episode for me was "Let's Make Bullying Kill Itself". A classic, catchy song that got me by surprise. And episodes that get me by surprise are always great. Also, add a awesome Butters bit and you get a solid "8,5".

6. I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining - 7.0/10
This episode started so well that it was obvious it was going to slow down. It did, getting pretty weird by at some times, but even the live-action footage had it's moments (Kenny laying dead on the boat being the highlight). I thought that there were too much Cartman parts in this one.

7. Cartman Finds Love - 8.5/10
An instant classic for the season. It had a new character, good Cartman jokes and a very great Kyle bit. It had me laughing the whole time, a thing that "Ziplining" didn't.

Way better than 15A (although "T.M.I" is forever in my heart), but let's hope that 16B have the same consistency of 15B, which was amazing.
Superduperpooper

Postby Superduperpooper » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:55 pm

@vinihollweg wrote:
6. I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining - 7.0/10
This episode started so well that it was obvious it was going to slow down. It did, getting pretty weird by at some times, but even the live-action footage had it's moments (Kenny laying dead on the boat being the highlight). I thought that there were too much Cartman parts in this one.

The only good part was the 'live' Cartman pooing off into the water. Beyond that I could do without that part and it would have been half decent.
nothingtoseehere

Postby nothingtoseehere » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:42 pm

If I were to rank them from my favorite to least favorite, it would be:

1.I should have never gone ziplining
2.Cartman Finds Love
3.Butterballs
4.Jewpacabra
5.Reverse Cowgirl
6.Cash for gold
7.Faith Hilling

I didn't dislike any of these episodes, but some were definitely better than others. Can't wait for 16B!
John_117

Postby John_117 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:26 am

I wonder why everyone hates Faith Hilling so much. I thought it was funny. I mean it's ok to hate an episode, but if you hate it just because of the topic of meming, that is really really sad. Especially since this is a COMEDY.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:16 am

John_117 wrote:I wonder why everyone hates Faith Hilling so much. I thought it was funny. I mean it's ok to hate an episode, but if you hate it just because of the topic of meming, that is really really sad. Especially since this is a COMEDY.

I know. Sure it had a few flaws but overall it was hilarious. I loved the people being hit by trains when they had plenty of time to get out of the way! And the combinations of all these diff. memes. It was funny to me.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:35 pm

It had it's bright moments and it's dull moments.

Too much Cartman and Kyle focus. Those were the dry moments.
Stan and Kyle :)
quitpickingonme

Postby quitpickingonme » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:35 pm

John_117 wrote:I wonder why everyone hates Faith Hilling so much. I thought it was funny. I mean it's ok to hate an episode, but if you hate it just because of the topic of meming, that is really really sad. Especially since this is a COMEDY.

I personally found Faith Hilling to be the worst episode of South Park that I've ever seen. It was just completely unfunny. Any time that a new episode of South Park is released I rush home from work and make watching it the first thing that I do. With Faith Hilling I got halfway through the episode and was so uninterested that I turned it off. Afterwords I felt like I couldn't have an intelligent opinion on the episode without watching it from beginning to end so the next day I watched the whole thing and it actually got worse.

Here are my rankings for Season 16

Cartman Finds Love 10/10
Jewpacabra 6/10
Butterballs 6/10
Reverse Cowgirl 5/10
Cash for Gold 5/10
I Never Should Have Gone Ziplining 4/10
Faith Hilling 1/10
Rekcals83

First time poster, worried about where southpark is going

Postby Rekcals83 » Tue May 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Hey guys, I've been an avid fan of South Park ever since the first episode. There have definitely been many episodes that I have not enjoyed throughout the seasons, but normally they were few and far between. This season started off fairly well in my opinion, but the past 3-4 episodes have been some of the worst I have ever seen. I realize this is just my opinion, but I seriously doubt I am alone here. I just really hope southpark doesn't go downhill like the simpsons did.
South Park is undoubtedly one of my favorite TV shows and I never miss an new episode....but if they continue on the track they are on I am HIV positive that will change.
screamingTurtle

Postby screamingTurtle » Wed May 02, 2012 10:25 pm

Here are my reviews of the first half of season 16. I'll start with my least favorite and go from there.
Faith Hilling: 1/10
This was by far the stupidest episode I've ever seen. My friends and I watched that episode, and by the time it was over, we were all looking at each other blankly, trying to figure out why the hell it was supposed to be funny. We actually had to look up memes. I would guess the train thing was a reference to something as well, but as of yet I haven't figured it out. So, the verdict was that I was too confused to even be disappointed. That's why it gets a 1 and not a 0.
Cash for Gold: 3/10
I felt that dragging out the bad memories of the old people was a little distasteful. Somehow, when they did that in Gray Dawn, it was funny. This just wasn't. What saved it from utter disaster was Stan telling the Home Shopping guy to kill himself, and the old people following suit, and then it actually happened. Also, focus on Stan is always a good thing, as he seems to be getting fazed out ever since 1507.
Cartman Finds Love: 5/10
Honestly, I don't see why people loved this episode so much. Cupid me was an unexpected twist, but the political correctness of it was a huge turn off. As in, "a place for everything and everything in its place." Again, heavy on content that could have been funny if they did it several years ago, but somehow the way it was done now rubs me the wrong way.
Jewpacabra: 6/10
Funny concept that runs dry around the halfway mark. I don't see any reason to hate it, but I don't love it, either. I do agree with what other people have said about there being too much closeness between Stan and Kyle, though. But couldn't we have anticipated that in a way after seeing Ass Burgers? Still, it's awkward, and it needs to stop.
Reverse Cowgirl: 8-10
Strong start to the season, and had me laughing almost all the way through. One of my all-time favorite quotes comes from this episode: "If I had sat down, I would have gotten toilet water all over my vagina!" Butters: "My grandma's from Virginia." Lol! It's only downfall, as someone else mentioned, is that Clyde is a weak character who just kind of faded into the background even though the focus was on him. Also, the jacking off part really didn't need those sound effects, especially for as long of a time as it was extended.
Butterballs: 10/10
Love this episode. Butters having a grandma who was a bully was definitely unexpected, and hilarious. I especially love the anti-bullying song, Butters' grandma dressing up as a superhero to thwart Professor Chaos, and the gummy bears part. Disgusting, but it totally worked.
And finally, my favorite, although judging by the way a bunch of people wrote about it, I know it's hard to believe.
I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining: 10/10
This episode was absolutely flawless. How anyone could hate it is beyond me. I think that part of the reason I didn't care for Cartman Finds Love too much is because I think they should have reversed the order and done Ziplining as the season finale. I loved the narration, the return to their roots in the type of humor used, and the boys all acting like their normal selves again. I even enjoyed seeing them as real people. While I would hope they don't make a habit of it, it definitely worked for that one episode. And come on, Helicrapter, 7turdy7, and the Poo Choo Express? That's priceless stuff!
All in all, the first half of Season 16 was a mixed bag. Unfortunately there were more misses than hits. But some of you guys need to cut them a break. They've been doing this a long time, and I've seen way worse stuff happen on the show, like the time they nearly got rid of Stan altogether (the episode itself was brilliant, but that was the first time I ever worried about what would happen in the next episode, and actually swore to myself that if in fact Stan was removed, I would quit watching.) My point is, they're gonna suffer from burnout every now and then. Get over it. Here's to hoping for better things in October, and in future seasons.
yamilynn

Postby yamilynn » Thu May 03, 2012 4:42 am

Here are my rankings:

Reverse Cowgirl- 8.9/10
Cash 4 Gold- 10/10
Faith Hilling- 8.6/10
Jewpacbra- 1/10
Butterballs- 10/10
I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining- 7/10
Cartman Finds Love- 8/10

Overall, this season has been decent so far. I’m looking forward to the rest in September.
I'm a Eric Theodore Cartman fan!
I support CartmanxStan
Cartman, Stan, Kenny, Butters, Clyde and Bebe are my favs.
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Thu May 03, 2012 4:29 pm

In my personal opinion it's been AMAZING!!

1-Jewpacabra
2-Faith Hilling
3-I should have never gone ziplining
4-Cash for gold
5-Butterballs
6-Reverse Cowgirl
7-Cartman Finds Love
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Dillin!

Postby Dillin! » Mon May 14, 2012 11:14 pm

I feel like it's been at least as good as the last season, and although not as good as, say 5 or 6, it's still real good. Plus, it's not as preachy as it was last season.
Kennyluv34

Postby Kennyluv34 » Tue May 29, 2012 3:26 am

I think it's been alright, not the best, but not horrible. It doesn't have any episodes that made me spazz out with laughter, but it only had one episode that made me go 'I never want to see this again. Ever.' That episode was Jewpacabra.

I remember an episode back in season twelve called The China Probrem, with a side story about Indiana Jones getting raped. I watched the commentaries on that, and they said, "We may kiss and fondle and molest the boys, but we'll stop right before we rape them." In Jewpacabra they took Cartman and they molested his balls off, stopping exactly before they raped him. They came so close.....
If I had to rate the episodes, it would be as follows:
Reverse Cowgirl: 7.0/ It was good, but it made me feel bad for Clyde, as I have a soft spot for him and have ever since I bought season 4 and watched Cartman's Silly Hate Crime 2000. I liked the whole suance thing, and where the dude was jacking off while watching the toilet cams.

Cash For Gold: 6.5/ I honestly can't remember much from this episode, other than the guys getting completely f*cked bby jewelers. I only remember that one of my favorite quotes came from this episode. It was by Cartman, "I have to get the taste of old lady dick out of my mouth."

Faith Hilling: 7.5/ I don't get why so many people hate this episode. I find it has some funny jokes, as people being retarded enough to believe that cats want to take over. I find the ever-changing memes a little annoying. I think this is funny to me because I actually do get the thing with the trains. It probably comes from a series of short videos called asdfmovies. There are currently five, and in the first 4 there is a kid who says 'I like trains,' which somehow summons a speeding train that hits anyone who is present. It is funny, yet stupid.

Jewpacabra: 2.0/ Ugh. The storyline was good, but they didn't quite pull it together. It could've been good but just didn't get there. Cartman, at the end, should've been all anti-semitist instead of understanding the way of the jew. It's the Jew jokes that make Cartman funny. Really.

Butterballs: 9.0/ I found Butterballs very funny. I do love the subject of anti-bullying, and I find it funny because the school I attend had an anti-bullying seminar 2 days after this episode aired. What really got me was the song Make Bullying Kill Itself, and Cartman singing about his vagina halfway through. It kind of made me hate Stan until he strated crying, which, in turn, made me want to cry. The return of Prof. Choas was also a delight, because I love Prof. Choas and Butters. It was funny the first time I watched it, and it still made me laugh the second, but it is not an episode that I can watch over and over. Loved the jackin' it in San Diego, though.

I Should've Never Gone Ziplining: 8.5/ I enjoyed this. It started off too funny to keep up the comedy, however. Kenny having herpes was hilarious, along with his first death of the season. Cartman crapping off the boat was rather funny as well. There's really not much to say about this, other than 'I should've never gotten on a god damn boat.'

Cartman Finds Love: 8.5/ Cartman being Cartman, that racist litte bastard. I got really pissed off at him for f*cking up Kyle's chances, but I couldn't stay mad when he was seeing Cupid Me all the time. Cupid Me was hilarious.

All in all, it was average. There was way too much Cartman. There should've been more Kyle. Stan was being a dick the whole time. Kenny was....As good as Kenny gets, I guess.
GingerKiller

Postby GingerKiller » Tue May 29, 2012 10:30 pm

July 30th, 2010, 5:42 pm
Season 16 ~ My favorite to least favorite episodes

1. Butterballs :unhoodedkenny:
2. Reverse Cowgirl
3. I should have never gone Ziplining
4. Faith Hilling
5. Cash for Gold
6. Cartman Finds Love
7. Jewpacabra

I actually enjoyed this last season. Well except for Jewpacabra. Which I think was one of the worst South Park episodes ever! :cartmansopissedrightnow:

Not my favorite season, but Matt & Trey still have it...
:cartmanevil:
M'kay
cheeto dust

Postby cheeto dust » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:30 am

to be honest, i am totally in love with this season so far! i really enjoyed every single episode, even the ones that werent super funny were atleast really interesting! i have no idea why this season is getting so much hate. there was a lot of cartman focus which i always enjoy, some really great jokes, and just amazing plots overall! maybe its just one of those "rrr new episodes are always suck everything old is better" things happening here because cartman finds love, jewpacabra, and faith hilling are easily some of the best yet, in my opinion. i cant wait for more!

edit: oh, and the scenes with people being hit by trains in faith hilling are some of my favorite ever, because its really accurate. me and my friend have this running joke about how if someone is stupid we'll call them "the kind of person who would get hit by a train" because seriously, in what scenario other than standing there screaming for 30 seconds or being tied to a track could anyone be hit by a train? so i thought that was hilarious.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”