Season 16 so far has been.....

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Stanluv25

Re: Season 16 so far has been.....

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:37 am

I think season 16 so far has been very good. A lot better than 15A was. I have been laughing far more these past 6 episodes than I ever did in 15A. Reverse Cowgirl was pretty meh and Jewpacabra was an episode I care to ignore forever it was so bad, but other than that, I've really enjoyed what I've seen. :) I hope the last episode of the run is just as steady as the rest have been. I think season 16 is a very promising good one :).
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
jendrian

Postby jendrian » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:02 am

Terrible...

Reverse Cowgirl was pretty funny, in fact we're still laughing at a lot of the jokes from that one episode, but it just went straight downhill from then.

Cash for gold had a couple of fun parts, but it doesn't seem like it was ever intended to be funny, which is not really up the tone of the show... I mean, in Season 14 they had a shark hump a retarded kid, and it was hilarious, in this episode they couldn't make defrauding old people funny...

Faith Hilling was just stupid. This episode felt like watching family guy, with manatees writing what happens next.

Jewpacabra was... biblical? And then Cartman turned jew? Again, they had Cartman rubbing Cthulhu's belly not so long ago, and now they can't make criptozoologists funny? What the hell happened?

Butterballs had only one funny part: when Jesus bullies somebody. The rest was too serious and, while we enjoyed Stan's dancing in San Diego, it wasn't on par with other funny, seemingly inconsequential sequences like when Randy & co. are bouncing around on their gigantic balls while stoned.

And that brings us to "I should have never gone zip lining". This episode was so bad we had to fast forward through it. It's not like we didn't try to watch it whole, it's just that the "jokes" were terrible, to the tone of "A million little fibres" (as a lot of people have noted), but once again, not treated with the usual light-heartedness or political incorrectness that made most other episodes in the past great.

What happened? Are they letting somebody else write the jokes? Did somebody die and they can't think of anything funny right now? Did they outsource their writing to some manatees/pandas or something?

Matt, Trey (and the rest of the team), please pick up or take a break, but please don't release more awful, terrible episodes.
MoonBear70

Postby MoonBear70 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:00 pm

Stanluv25 wrote:I think season 16 so far has been very good. A lot better than 15A was. I have been laughing far more these past 6 episodes than I ever did in 15A. Reverse Cowgirl was pretty meh and Jewpacabra was an episode I care to ignore forever it was so bad, but other than that, I've really enjoyed what I've seen. :) I hope the last episode of the run is just as steady as the rest have been. I think season 16 is a very promising good one :).

My thoughts exactly!! The first six episodes of 16 are much funnier than the first six episodes of season 15 (however, 1507 -You're Getting Old was AWESOME). People gotta remember that even the lamest episodes of South Park still has some funny moments!! I would give Butterballs 10/10 and Ziplining a 7.5/10!
Rustedempire

Postby Rustedempire » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:54 pm

The zipline episode would have been a little better with out the reenactment scene and the narration.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:12 pm

Season 16A has been way better than Season 15A. The only bad episode to me in Season 16A is Cash For Gold. Season 15A, only truly good episode was T.M.I. Funnybot and City Sushi were two very wide misses in my opinion. Funnybot had me more afraid that the students and staff of South Park Elementary would be killed by their captors than laughing. City Sushi's fatal flaw was the overdose of Asian stereotypes and the lack of the main four boys and their classmates that aren't Butters. If a bunch of kids besides the main five get to have roles in 1607 (or if Wendy just gets a large role), this will be one of the most satisfying South Park runs ever.
P.S., I want Mr. Garrison back!
houdeka

Postby houdeka » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:29 pm

Season 16 has been the worst season that I can remember. Where is the outrageous and raunchy episodes that make South Park what it truly is? If they keep making episodes like this, I actually hope they get canceled. I can't stand seeing my favorite show being turned into complete garbage.
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:19 pm

Rustedempire wrote:The zipline episode would have been a little better with out the reenactment scene and the narration.

Soooo... without a good half of the jokes, then? :?
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:35 pm

weak.... :|

worst since the 2nd half of Season 9. Not sure what it is, but as of right now, I won't be buying the Blu-Ray/DVD of this season when it comes out.
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
yamilynn

Postby yamilynn » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:13 pm

There's only one episode left. Let's hope the mid-final episode will enhance this adequate season.
I'm a Eric Theodore Cartman fan!
I support CartmanxStan
Cartman, Stan, Kenny, Butters, Clyde and Bebe are my favs.
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:16 am

i wonder if they actually are deliberately making is this bad. (i like this season so... i am contradicting myself) so perhaps there will be a surprising epic episode coming up? Yay or nay?
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:31 am

Why does everyone hate Season 16A? I personally think Season 15A is way worse.
John_117

Postby John_117 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:44 am

Ahh...it's this thread again!

nwt000 wrote:Why does everyone hate Season 16A? I personally think Season 15A is way worse.

I pretty much agree here.
Shirou

Postby Shirou » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:19 am

So the start of season 16 has been rocky. Big deal. Matt and Trey are known for saving the best stuff until the end of the season.

Most of the season finales are ridiculously funny. Even the season premieres are usually hits, like Reverse Cowgirl was. Tends to be that the best episodes are the season premiere/finale episodes, including mid-season ones.

That said, I'll review my thoughts on each episode.

1) Reverse Cowgirl: Awesome. We finally see M&T tackle the issue of the TSA -and- get treated to one of the most ludicrous and shocking deaths of the series. Plus, Butters is right about something for once, which is scary enough in itself.

8/10

2) Cash for Gold: Obvious take on the shop at home networks, and the prevalence of the 'cash for gold' stands everywhere. Plus, we finally see extended clips of Grampa Marsh for the first time since, like, 'Grey Dawn.' Not a bad episode, just a little disappointing on the humor aspect. Though I'll admit, the ending was a nice wrap-up to the whole story.

6/10

3) Faith Hilling: A major disappointment. The previews marked it to be an apparent political episode, with all the Republican candidates and stuff. Then it just sorta devolved into an immature take on memes that unnecessarily dragged Mr. Kitty and a whole bunch of nonsense into it.

:parishilton: /10

4) Jewpacabra: What. Was. That. I don't know what was worse, the fact that I was watching an episode of SP without a single humorous moment until the final minute, or that you went biblical on us and decided to throw us a major curveball. I'll admit, the bible sequence was a good change of pace and the ending was... actually kind of neat in an ironic, Cartman-twisted sort of way, but it doesn't excuse a lackluster take on cryptozoology and the spring holidays.

:assface: /10

5) Butterballs: Let's face it, anything after the disaster of the last two episodes would've been a pleasant surprise. From the tagline of the preview, I actually thought it might've been a kindergartener bullying Butters behind the scenes (and that would've been sooooo epic; especially if it was Ike). But, the real bully was still pretty funny, and the person doing her voice was top-notch. The music video was my personal favorite clip, just because of all the fan-service nods in the characters shown during the scene. (Can you spot them all? I'm sure I didn't and still can't.) Though, Butters' speech to his bully was epic, not in a funny way, but in a "you ****ing go kid" sort of way. And the jacking scene? Meh, middling, but, the song's catchy and once I learned the reference, I laughed a bit more. One of the better episodes of this first half, though still not on par with the premiere.

6.5/10

6) I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining: Oh... kay? Could've done this idea aeons ago when disaster shows were more popular. Or even when 127 Hours first came out. It just fails on all levels. The narration was unnecessary, the jokes all fell flat, and it turned into more than half-potty humor, with a dash of yawn-inducing lines. And I know you're so much better than to use a live-action re-enactment scene. That just wasn't cool, guys.

:parishilton:
:assface: | 10
Denis123

Postby Denis123 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:00 am

i watched all episodes made so far, and the season 16 is the worst ever!!!

the most boring episode is i should have never gone ziplining!

real characters are so wrong, Kenny isn't blonde, Stan doesn't have red puff ball hat...

PLEASE STOP MAKING SOUTH PARK IF YOU ARE GOING TO CONTINUE MAKEING IT SO CRAPY!!!
Detectivesandyvagina

Postby Detectivesandyvagina » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:47 pm

NeuroHeart wrote:
Jimbeamo wrote:I saw someone give Jewpacabra 9/10 and just thought wtf were you watching!
It was the worst episode I've ever seen, by a mile.
That wasn't the same Cartman that we all know and love.

It's super funny how one can put in the effort to explain why one is rating an episode a certain way, even though it gets a lot of hate from a lot of people, and then have every bit of it be completely ignored.
It totally was the Cartman we know and love, because Cartman is driven by his self-interest, his fears, and his need to feel superior. All of these traits were fulfilled to a "T" in Jewpacabra, and it was flippin hilarious to watch him do his justification dance. Apart from that, the commentary of the episode was great, whether it was about the Finding Bigfoot guys or the Old Testament. And the look into Cartman's psyche was something to behold. It was very sad to see his deep-seated longing for a father figure manifest in such a way, and very interesting to watch him be overcome with panic before waking up and giving his self-satisfied speech. That is "wtf" I was watching, and why I rated the episode as high as I did.
(I'm totally sure that everyone read that, and it's cleared up any confusion about why I hold the opinion I hold.)

It's fine if you don't like an episode, but it gets really dull to see screams of "OMG, there have been potential changes! How dare they!" Seriously, you guys. Shift happens. It's okay. Please, please find a more compelling argument for your barrel of haterade.

I agree completely. People see the onesided 'Cartman hates Jews OMFG' but don't really pay attention that he'll do and say just about anything to make sure he ends up scot free in the end. A bunny suit covered in blood? If it wasn't jews that could save him but hippies he might have converted to that as well. And don't think for a minute once he's fully safe he didn't go back to his old Jew mocking ways. Look at the live action reenactment.

And I won't go through and rate but aside from a meh on Reverse Cowgirl I think this has been the best first half of a season since 12. I think people missed the end of Butterballs for not keeping up with current (cracky WTF!??!) events.

And Google pandering so you'll understand the completely brilliant point they made in an episode about a bunch of cat breading memes. Faith Hilling has been my favorite so far.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”