Regarding The Stick of Truth

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

jamesthedino

Regarding The Stick of Truth

Postby jamesthedino » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:13 am

Honestly.. I love this game.. A lot.. This is just my opinion but I think it's truly one of the best games ever.. I can't really think of a game I've had more fun playing through. Granted I haven't had a chance to see what the replay value of the game is yet, I think it's going to be pretty high. Seriously thanks for putting the effort into this game it f*cking rocks, it's hilarious, and I hope you make more just like it.
Peace.
-jamesthedino
AlexTri89

Re: Regarding The Stick of Truth

Postby AlexTri89 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:23 pm

I agree with you wholeheartedly. This game is hysterical and so much fun to play, I absolutely love it! And it's really cool that they went all out with the references from each season and the background music.

Thanks a bunch, Matt and Trey! :D Fantastic job! This game was TOTALLY worth the wait!
Gamer Lullaby

Postby Gamer Lullaby » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:01 am

Yeah I'm loving the game too. The combat is a bit bland but the variations of enemies, items and combos make it Worth it still!

Everything else is great. Controls are quite fluid, sound is good, it's got that South Park feel to it. It is what it was advertised to be.

A huge interface though so be prepared to check it out a bit on your first playthrough. I'm actually trying to get a Let's Play posted (FRAPS is SLOOOOW (big files) ) so I made a thread about that if you guys are interested (awaiting moderation).

GL in your Epic journey :D
John_117

Postby John_117 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:28 am

I did not get it yet, is it worth $60?

yoyobuddy

Postby yoyobuddy » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:44 am

i have yet to play, but i am looking forward to playing someday
Gamer Lullaby

Postby Gamer Lullaby » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:31 pm

Sure is although you can get it for about 30 pounds on Gamersgreen and 40 Euro on Gamersgate ^.^

My let's play is up now if you guys want to check it out. not to much effects or anything like in some of the bigger ones. Just smooth gameplay and a few recollections of South Park history and some extra songs/sounds added! Quality will improve with EVERY posting :D just comment on how you'd like it:

Gamer Lullaby Plays South Park - Stick of Truth part 1
John_117

Postby John_117 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:39 am

Gamer Lullaby wrote:Sure is although you can get it for about 30 pounds on Gamersgreen and 40 Euro on Gamersgate ^.^

My let's play is up now if you guys want to check it out. not to much effects or anything like in some of the bigger ones. Just smooth gameplay and a few recollections of South Park history and some extra songs/sounds added! Quality will improve with EVERY posting :D just comment on how you'd like it:

Gamer Lullaby Plays South Park - Stick of Truth part 1

Real talk, I'm a bit worried because I've seen gameplay and so far it seems like Golden Sun in which there's side quests and stuff, but once you finish everything there's nothing more to do.

bosshadenward

Postby bosshadenward » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:09 pm

I want a sequel. What are the chances we get a sequel to the game? I know there was a lot of content that didn't make it into the game.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:11 am

bosshadenward wrote:I want a sequel. What are the chances we get a sequel to the game? I know there was a lot of content that didn't make it into the game.

And there are reasons why that content didn't make it in. The chances for a sequel are 0 to none.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
PrvMakedonec

Postby PrvMakedonec » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:10 pm

I agree, though I don't have the game :(

Anybody know where I can download a demo for it for the PC?
Im a Mage

I wish I could put my Stick AND a Bow on my avatar at the same time
bosshadenward

Postby bosshadenward » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:06 pm

Big-Will wrote:
bosshadenward wrote:I want a sequel. What are the chances we get a sequel to the game? I know there was a lot of content that didn't make it into the game.

And there are reasons why that content didn't make it in. The chances for a sequel are 0 to none.

But why no sequel. :?: Thinking outside the box there are a billion things they could do without the game taking place in the town of South Park again. So it could still be fresh, instead of rehashing. The assets for a lot of the game including the engine are already built and available, thus shortening development time. Forgive me for being blunt, but please expound on your comment. Just saying no makes me think it's possibly just your opinion, without any facts to back it up.
UhhIDontKnow

Postby UhhIDontKnow » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:40 pm

bosshadenward wrote:
Big-Will wrote:

But why no sequel. :?: Thinking outside the box there are a billion things they could do without the game taking place in the town of South Park again. So it could still be fresh, instead of rehashing. The assets for a lot of the game including the engine are already built and available, thus shortening development time. Forgive me for being blunt, but please expound on your comment. Just saying no makes me think it's possibly just your opinion, without any facts to back it up.

I think after all the delays getting this one out it's pretty unlikely they make another, at least any time soon. There should be extra content created for the current game though. Hopefully it will be something like Fallout 3 was - great game to start with that got tons of new content added as DLCs.
bosshadenward

Postby bosshadenward » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:32 am

Big-Will wrote:
So what are the chances now smart guy. Crow anyone? Crow? I've got a nice plate of crow here for "Big Will". You want this crow? Yeah you eat crow. You eat it. I never forget, and I went through a boatload of posts just to come back here over a year later and say how wrong you were. HA!!!!!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:59 am

bosshadenward wrote:
Big-Will wrote:
So what are the chances now smart guy. Crow anyone? Crow? I've got a nice plate of crow here for "Big Will". You want this crow? Yeah you eat crow. You eat it. I never forget, and I went through a boatload of posts just to come back here over a year later and say how wrong you were. HA!!!!!
Still 0 to none. This time they're doing Coon & Friends, not The Stick of Truth II. Don't expect anything that was left out of The Stick of Truth to make it into The Fractured but Whole - this is a different game altogether.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
bosshadenward

Postby bosshadenward » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:35 pm

Big-Will wrote:
bosshadenward wrote:
Big-Will wrote: And there are reasons why that content didn't make it in. The chances for a sequel are 0 to none.
Still 0 to none. This time they're doing Coon & Friends, not The Stick of Truth II. Don't expect anything that was left out of The Stick of Truth to make it into The Fractured but Whole - this is a different game altogether.
It says directly on the Ubisoft page http://southpark.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/home/ that it's a direct sequel. Directly from Matt and Trey, this game is a sequel to The Stick of Truth. I was right. It's a sequel. The chances aren't 0 to none, because it's literally happening soon. Years later I feel vindicated. Totally worth it, I just want an admittance that I was right.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”