South Park has completely shafted foreign fans

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Vames1986

South Park has completely shafted foreign fans

Postby Vames1986 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:14 pm

247 episodes and 17 years running. Fans of South Park who relied on the website to enjoy this great show, must now forget about the South Park website and visit the illegal channels, which are not safe, just to watch an episode.

How lame is that, seriously, how lame? Never once did the South Park guys wonder what would happen to those who are unable to use Hulu.

Good job on forcing foreign fans to go the extra mile to watch South Park. You guys are d*cks.
nall
Site Admin

Re: South Park has completely shafted foreign fans

Postby nall » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:50 pm

Non-US visitors are served a non-Hulu player. We didn't forget about you.
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:02 pm

nall wrote:Non-US visitors are served a non-Hulu player. We didn't forget about you.

That means it is the US fans that are "shafted".
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:43 pm

Barack_Obama wrote:
nall wrote:Non-US visitors are served a non-Hulu player. We didn't forget about you.

Hardly. The newest episodes will still be free, and in high quality. Plus you get a more stable player -- the old one was buggy and we got lots of complaints about it.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:33 pm

nall wrote:
Barack_Obama wrote:

Hardly. The newest episodes will still be free, and in high quality. Plus you get a more stable player -- the old one was buggy and we got lots of complaints about it.

So nall you are saying that after season 18 starts new episodes will still become free the day after and will be free for like 2 weeks or whatever it is? If this is the case I will not need to buy Hulu Plus. I like mainly to watch the new episodes anyways. So clips will not be free though? That part sucks. I liked watching the weekly clips before.
What seems to be the officer problem?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:00 pm

Not just one week, and then 3+ weeks in the vault until it returns to the episode player.

Not just two weeks, but...

FIVE STRAIGHT WEEKS, then it goes behind the paywall. Hulu said...

"We will be able to provide the last five episodes to have aired."

1801 - one new episode (and 1707-1710, probably)
1802 - two new episodes (and 1708-1710, probably)
1805 - 1801-1805 will be available
1806 - 1802-1806 will be available
1810 - 1806-1810 will be available
The following week, 1806 will be removed
Five weeks after 1810 airs, it will be removed.

H+ members will get all 244 eps to view at their leisure, the rest of us have to settle for 30 random episodes on both Hulu and here on SPS. The question remains if the 30 episodes will be the same on both sites, or different, with maybe some overlap.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Hey Guy

is There any way to get in contact with you? I am a little n

Postby Hey Guy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:25 pm

I'm a little new to this site sorry, I don't know of any way to get in contact with you Nall. I am an animation student and would like to talk to an actual animator of the show. Please contact me when you have the time - Thanks
Groapy

Postby Groapy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:14 pm

Some differences in the Hulu Plus versions of the episodes;

1. Seasons 3 & 4 are not available in 720p, like they were on the old site. This is even with a paid Hulu Plus account.

2. Only seasons 11 and later are uncensored on Hulu Plus. The old site had seasons 3 and later uncensored. So, seasons 3-10 are not uncensored on Hulu Plus.
UhhIDontKnow

Postby UhhIDontKnow » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:43 am

nall wrote:
Barack_Obama wrote:

For many years, all of the episodes were free and now only a small number are.

Yes the old player had periods where it acted up. Hulu's player freezes a lot and needs a refresh to pick back up, and it replays ads when that happens. It doesn't have the low points the old SP player had, but it's not good either. I find it highly frustrating.

I'll suffer through the pauses and ad replays to see the new episodes. But I'm not going to subscribe to Hulu so the others are out.
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:36 am

JamesPup wrote:So nall you are saying that after season 18 starts new episodes will still become free the day after and will be free for like 2 weeks or whatever it is? If this is the case I will not need to buy Hulu Plus. I like mainly to watch the new episodes anyways.

Yes, as Big-Will said, new episodes will be online longer -- so this is a big benefit if you mainly come to watch the new episodes.

JamesPup wrote:So clips will not be free though? That part sucks. I liked watching the weekly clips before.

Clips are and will remain free. The entire clip library.

Groapy wrote:Some differences in the Hulu Plus versions of the episodes;

1. Seasons 3 & 4 are not available in 720p, like they were on the old site. This is even with a paid Hulu Plus account.

2. Only seasons 11 and later are uncensored on Hulu Plus. The old site had seasons 3 and later uncensored. So, seasons 3-10 are not uncensored on Hulu Plus.

I'll pass this along. SouthParkStudios.com will continue to stream in 720p, btw.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:47 am

What about the mobile app (the quotes app)? The clips stopped working. That was a paid app. They need to fix it.
Stan and Kyle :)
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:21 pm

kfgg wrote:What about the mobile app (the quotes app)? The clips stopped working. That was a paid app. They need to fix it.

This should be fixed shortly, if not already. Sorry about that.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”