Yes, Hulu!

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

tiberseptim

Yes, Hulu!

Postby tiberseptim » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:10 am

Hey!

Just wanted to put it out there that I don't mind Hulu, or ads, one damn bit, because I'm an advocate for artists getting paid for their work.

Just felt the need to say something, what with all the Hulu hate the site has been stewing in lately.
UhhIDontKnow

Re: Yes, Hulu!

Postby UhhIDontKnow » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:24 pm

tiberseptim wrote:Hey!

Just wanted to put it out there that I don't mind Hulu, or ads, one damn bit, because I'm an advocate for artists getting paid for their work.

Just felt the need to say something, what with all the Hulu hate the site has been stewing in lately.

I didn't realize the artists were doing their work free of charge, or that South Park hasn't been a cash cow over the years. Wow, thanks Hulu for saving the franchise from financial ruin!!

And thanks for taking away 90% of the once free episodes, I really want to pay Hulu to watch ads over and over in their broken player.
Africa Marsh

Postby Africa Marsh » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:16 pm

Interesting.

When you have friends over to watch a film, do you charge them and mail the money to the artist? Do you demand money from friends and family when you lend a book, a magazine, an album, a single, a DVD, a video game, or any other "artistic" piece of merchandise?

No, you don't. Because that would be f*cking stupid.

And yet you would chastise others for not "supporting the artist" by subjecting themselves to bullsh*t ads?

Hypocritical at best, ludicrous at worst.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:23 am

Better lock this before it gets any worse. There's a better thread for disaffected members anyway.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “General South Park Discussion”