South Park Cosplay

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

agent-FSS
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:26 am

Re: South Park Cosplay

Postby agent-FSS » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 pm

Big-Will wrote:I was expecting a real costume, not a cardboard cutout. That is, a green shirt, black gloves or mittens, and a blond wig styled to look like Butters' hair. But alright.

The tremors have been in Northern California, near San Francisco. I'm in Los Angeles, in Southern California, which didn't feel them.

All right, but he all the same tried, certainly I would like to see and real costume, not cardboard, especially if other costumes represent the same, maybe next time he come up with something new? On the other hand the characters in the first episodes were made of paper, perhaps sense in it?

You lucky. We're just thought tremors were statewide.
MoonBear70
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:11 pm

Re: South Park Cosplay

Postby MoonBear70 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:57 pm

Big-Will wrote:I was expecting a real costume, not a cardboard cutout. That is, a green shirt, black gloves or mittens, and a blond wig styled to look like Butters' hair. But alright.

The tremors have been in Northern California, near San Francisco. I'm in Los Angeles, in Southern California, which didn't feel them.


Yes, a real costume would have been more functional. It would have been easier walking the convention floor with the green shirt, black mittens and a blond wig. However, I wanted it to be more authentic and used foam board with construction paper. It was a SMASH HIT!! The people LOVED it! :D I was constantly being stopped for photo requests!
MoonBear70
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:11 pm

Re: South Park Cosplay

Postby MoonBear70 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:03 pm

agent-FSS wrote:Pinterest makes you setup an account first to see the pics? It's not fit. Not interesting for me.

JamesPup thanks for the link, I myself too lazy to look for.

Good costumes MoonBear70, unless of course it was you, never saw anything similar and I'm not thought that it's possible to make it so. And what about their size?


Thank you for the compliment. There were other people at the Comic Con dressed up as South Park characters, too. I ran into a group that was Mysterion, Professor Chaos, AWESOM-O, the Coon, and Towelie. Towelie and AWESOM-O were the best of the bunch. I'm thinking about making a Mr. Garrison, Randy Marsh, or a Goth Kids costume next. What do you think?
agent-FSS
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:26 am

Re: South Park Cosplay

Postby agent-FSS » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:38 pm

MoonBear70 wrote:
agent-FSS wrote:Pinterest makes you setup an account first to see the pics? It's not fit. Not interesting for me.

JamesPup thanks for the link, I myself too lazy to look for.

Good costumes MoonBear70, unless of course it was you, never saw anything similar and I'm not thought that it's possible to make it so. And what about their size?


Thank you for the compliment. There were other people at the Comic Con dressed up as South Park characters, too. I ran into a group that was Mysterion, Professor Chaos, AWESOM-O, the Coon, and Towelie. Towelie and AWESOM-O were the best of the bunch. I'm thinking about making a Mr. Garrison, Randy Marsh, or a Goth Kids costume next. What do you think?

I do not mind. You decide whom make. I would choose Randy, but only because from all three options this a character to me simply more like.
JamesPup
Posts: 1499
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:14 pm

Re: South Park Cosplay

Postby JamesPup » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:17 pm

MoonBear70 I would do a costume of Butters, Cartman, or Randy. Those three are my favorite and so that is what I would say should be done.

How do you make such a great cardboard cut out of South Park characters? It isn't something you are doing on your home printer. It must cost like $100 to make those cutouts I would think. Still I would think the person in clothes that look like a character would be the easiest to pull off. The cardboard seems difficult to pull off and wear. I think I would have a hard time seeing all the exhibits wearing that costume. I always want to dress in a Deadpool costume but I never like the ones I see to buy online and someone is always wearing one anyways. Plus I would just be a fat reject Deadpool anyways.
What seems to be the officer problem?
Mamont
Posts: 2411
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:52 pm

Re: South Park Cosplay

Postby Mamont » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:13 am

Similar to my Halloween costume. Only I was Terrence.
Image

Big-Will wrote:I use imgur. Before that I used imageshack

Check out this imgur image about how long some people have to wait through commercials to see the opening credits.
Image
The person who posted this had already seen 12 seconds of commercials before getting this screen grab.

:shock: Whaaa?!
I use Photobucket. It's quite simple.
MoonBear70
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:11 pm

Re: South Park Cosplay

Postby MoonBear70 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:00 pm

JamesPup wrote:MoonBear70 I would do a costume of Butters, Cartman, or Randy. Those three are my favorite and so that is what I would say should be done.

How do you make such a great cardboard cut out of South Park characters? It isn't something you are doing on your home printer. It must cost like $100 to make those cutouts I would think. Still I would think the person in clothes that look like a character would be the easiest to pull off. The cardboard seems difficult to pull off and wear. I think I would have a hard time seeing all the exhibits wearing that costume. I always want to dress in a Deadpool costume but I never like the ones I see to buy online and someone is always wearing one anyways. Plus I would just be a fat reject Deadpool anyways.

Well, the cost was much less than $100! More like in the $20-$30 range. Got the foam board at Target for less than $10.00. The construction paper for the face (honeysuckle color) at an art supply store for $6.00. Other construction paper for the body, eyes and hair another $5.00. Glue sticks and tape $4.00. So, right around $25.00. Not too bad!
Yes, I did mention earlier that it would be easier to just get a blond wig and shape the hair like Butters and get a coat and mittens. But I went for the more authentic look, and believe I pulled it off.
To make the head, I simply traced an official South Park Kenny costume on foam board and then cut it out. Same for the body and the eyes. Quite simple, really. Then just glue or tape it all together.
kittymccormick
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: South Park Cosplay

Postby kittymccormick » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:32 am

Wow I could have just posted my pics in here instead of making a new thread. Totally didn't see this thread.
HMPHMMPH HMPHMPH!
agent-FSS
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:26 am

Re: South Park Cosplay

Postby agent-FSS » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:53 am

MoonBear70 wrote:
JamesPup wrote:MoonBear70 I would do a costume of Butters, Cartman, or Randy. Those three are my favorite and so that is what I would say should be done.

How do you make such a great cardboard cut out of South Park characters? It isn't something you are doing on your home printer. It must cost like $100 to make those cutouts I would think. Still I would think the person in clothes that look like a character would be the easiest to pull off. The cardboard seems difficult to pull off and wear. I think I would have a hard time seeing all the exhibits wearing that costume. I always want to dress in a Deadpool costume but I never like the ones I see to buy online and someone is always wearing one anyways. Plus I would just be a fat reject Deadpool anyways.

Well, the cost was much less than $100! More like in the $20-$30 range. Got the foam board at Target for less than $10.00. The construction paper for the face (honeysuckle color) at an art supply store for $6.00. Other construction paper for the body, eyes and hair another $5.00. Glue sticks and tape $4.00. So, right around $25.00. Not too bad!
Yes, I did mention earlier that it would be easier to just get a blond wig and shape the hair like Butters and get a coat and mittens. But I went for the more authentic look, and believe I pulled it off.
To make the head, I simply traced an official South Park Kenny costume on foam board and then cut it out. Same for the body and the eyes. Quite simple, really. Then just glue or tape it all together.

Really? $ 25-30 so cheap? In Russia usually speak on this occasion: "дёшево и сердито", ie it means the maximum effect for small money.
Unconventional approach has brought success. And how much did you spend time to making?
Make Randy, I'm serious :D .
agent-FSS
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:26 am

Re: South Park Cosplay

Postby agent-FSS » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:55 am

kittymccormick wrote:Wow I could have just posted my pics in here instead of making a new thread. Totally didn't see this thread.

Does not matter. I guess this happens because you're probably just in a hurry posted your pics :) .

Return to “General South Park Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests