South Park Oculus

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

JamesPup

South Park Oculus

Postby JamesPup » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:14 pm

So I looked up Oculus and South Park and found a YouTube video call South Park with Oculus Rift. It had Triplemultiplex and AngusMcTavish in the game for some reason. Here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoNLy1QqBNg and you can start watching at like 9:30 and if you watch for like 3 minutes you will see Triplemultiplex and AngusMcTavish in HELL. Kind of cool right? Maybe someone should tell these guys?

Okay so this episode looks fun. I don’t know what Vindaloop is either. Maybe a made up word for being in a loop or in a video game? So Butters is trapped in a video game. Did he watch Tron or something? Now we know Butters has problems because its not just the gym now it’s the whole town Butters destroys. I guess strobe lights and black lights and lava lamps freak Butters out? Maybe he sees that there is a virtual reality of his town and now doesn’t know if he is in the game of not? So this ends up everyone’s problem in the end. I don’t know what is going to happen. I bet a few people die though. This reminds me of Family Guy when Peter had a fake TV hooked up to his head and thought everything was on TV. Also it says grounded in the title so what if parents start making their kids wear virtual reality head gear to punish them more and have them in simulations that are not fun? Maybe that drives Butters crazy because he was being tortured or dying or something in the game.

Than again the picture of Butters wearing the Oculus head gear the Oculus looks pretty fake. Maybe the whole thing is Cartman's doing and a trick.
What seems to be the officer problem?
kittymccormick

South Park Oculus

Postby kittymccormick » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:29 pm

JamesPup wrote:So I looked up Oculus and South Park and found a YouTube video call South Park with Oculus Rift. It had Triplemultiplex and AngusMcTavish in the game for some reason. Here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoNLy1QqBNg and you can start watching at like 9:30 and if you watch for like 3 minutes you will see Triplemultiplex and AngusMcTavish in HELL. Kind of cool right? Maybe someone should tell these guys?

I. Need. It. Now.

I also think this episode is gonna be Cartman dicking around with Butters. And good point- the headgear on Butters does look fake so maybe he's gonna think reality is fake and try to do something crazy drastic like try to fly or piss his dad off on purpose.
HMPHMMPH HMPHMPH!
zzyzx 2

Re: *1807: Grounded Vindaloop* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby zzyzx 2 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:29 pm

JamesPup wrote:So I looked up Oculus and South Park and found a YouTube video call South Park with Oculus Rift. It had Triplemultiplex and AngusMcTavish in the game for some reason. Here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoNLy1QqBNg and you can start watching at like 9:30 and if you watch for like 3 minutes you will see Triplemultiplex and AngusMcTavish in HELL. Kind of cool right? Maybe someone should tell these guys?
So I watched the entire video (from JamesPup's link). I saw Triplemultiplex at least three times; one when we went into Hell the first time, and twice the second time. And I saw AngusMcTavish twice as well :D

My question to whomever: Why are they there? That was so cool 8)

I have to watch again and see if anyone else from the BBS is there as well :cartmanhappy:
JamesPup wrote:Maybe someone should tell these guys?
I sent them both a pm with a link to your post here is this thread, JamesPup.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:04 pm

I see that and raise you THIS!

Install the unity player as directed - then you'll see what you saw in the YouTube video, but in proper perspective (not fisheye) and from a teen's height.

You can turn around and look up or down with the mouse, but to move through the town you need the following keys:

w - move forward
a - move sideways to the left
s - move backward
d - move sideways to the right

And if you get good at it, you could get around quite normally.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:33 pm

Thanks Big-Will I tried it but my old weak laptop froze up. I will have to wait to test it out on someone else's PC. I want to explore South Park in this game and see if anyone else is in the game from forums.
What seems to be the officer problem?
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:45 am

Holy shit, that is fucking hilarious! That guy thought I was Randy Marsh at first. :lol: :lol:

Looks like someone grabbed avatars from SPS to help populate hell.

You read it! You can't unread it!
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:31 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:Looks like someone grabbed avatars from SPS to help populate hell.
Yes, perhaps it did someone of us. Maybe there and for me place
prepared? :lol:
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:34 pm

That is so awesome! =D There are lots of characters from here. I recognised Samantou, and I think that one guy was zzyzx1. Mostly people who's avatar I remember, but not their names.

http://youtu.be/KoNLy1QqBNg?t=10m27s
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:26 pm

Mamont wrote:That is so awesome! =D There are lots of characters from here. I recognised Samantou, and I think that one guy was zzyzx1. Mostly people who's avatar I remember, but not their names.

http://youtu.be/KoNLy1QqBNg?t=10m27s

There ARE lots of characters on in this family of south park studios! whoa- Speaking of seeing multiplex above in the hell image, I'm actually secretly relieved i haven't been mentioned... that'd become some gross version of a fan fiction story twisted into a ball of wth's and of course deprecating jokes. has anybody freaked out about becoming such a character on the board that they're mentioned (seen) on the show? That'd be freaky-- holy crap i saw mamont! at the far back and niels and multi and this giuy and that guy and holy sh*t that guy!
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:37 pm

Okay so this episode looks fun. I don’t know what Vindaloop is either. Maybe a made up word for being in a loop or in a video game? So Butters is trapped in a video game. Did he watch Tron or something? Now we know Butters has problems because its not just the gym now it’s the whole town Butters destroys. I guess strobe lights and black lights and lava lamps freak Butters out? Maybe he sees that there is a virtual reality of his town and now doesn’t know if he is in the game of not? So this ends up everyone’s problem in the end. I don’t know what is going to happen. I bet a few people die though. This reminds me of Family Guy when Peter had a fake TV hooked up to his head and thought everything was on TV. Also it says grounded in the title so what if parents start making their kids wear virtual reality head gear to punish them more and have them in simulations that are not fun? Maybe that drives Butters crazy because he was being tortured or dying or something in the game.

Than again the picture of Butters wearing the Oculus head gear the Oculus looks pretty fake. Maybe the whole thing is Cartman's doing and a trick.
Hey, there's my av at 11:15! :lol:
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:37 am

I downloaded the player and walked the whole town. Lord it's small. It was pretty fun running around there too. I even managed to ride on the bus.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:56 am

I discovered that you can use the space bar to jump over fences, and I found the limit to how far you can go from the town - you can turn around and look at the town, then move backward. The town will get smaller and smaller. As it does, it will fade to white. Then it will start to rise and disappear into the sky. By then you will have passed the point of no return, and you're stuck where you are.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:28 am

Aw, I was gonna do that to see what happens. :/ whatevvs.

(maybe we should chip this off onto a separate discussion)
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: South Park Oculus

Postby Big-Will » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:08 am

Done.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”