Are Tweek and Craig an actual couple now?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Are Tweek and Craig an actual couple now?

Postby Big-Will » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:09 am

True, it never happened on the show's real life. But there are two dream sequence in "City On The Edge Of Forever." Hee's one of them. :D
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:56 pm

Big-Will wrote:True, it never happened on the show's real life. But there are two dream sequence in "City On The Edge Of Forever." Hee's one of them. :D
Actually, Wendy did successfully kiss Stan on the cheek in Elementary School Musical.
TheWatcher0_0

Postby TheWatcher0_0 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:21 pm

Hope they are...oh lawd gimme strength it it sends up being not so.
Malazoth

Postby Malazoth » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:31 pm

If they are or if they aren't gay is irrelevant. The point is how it looks, how it appears, how it seems. Can a thing become by seeming? Is it possible to fake it until you make it in all situations? Does SoDaSoPa make the town better? Or is everything just a sham?
JVM

Postby JVM » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:04 pm

They're in a relationship and even if it's not a sexualized one -- they are friendly, spend time alone together (playing video games), and will probably refer to each other as 'boyfriend' in public, will hold hands, will probably go on some form of 'dates', and will probably have to check with each other before anything changes. It's possible but unlikely either will suddenly have a girlfriend without at least reference to the past relationship.

I took the context as a parody of Yaoi manga, in which case it's very likely that even with the 'straight' setup Tweek and Craig could possibly be gay -- of course, it's also fairly plausible they aren't. To ninety percent of fans this is fairly irrelevant, and to the remaining ten percent, we should probably let them draw their own conclusions.

Keep in mind -- 'are they in a relationship?' vs. 'are they gay?' are very different questions.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:23 am

So the relationship was referenced again tonight, and they were sitting together in the School Assembly. Of course, that could mean many things.
Zelda5820

Postby Zelda5820 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:26 am

They're Definitely together, they decided to be a couple to make the town happy.

Whether they're actually gay and do couple things is another story.

Had to laugh when Cartman said "Why would I say something Homophobic about the way Tweek and Craig make love!?" though
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:46 pm

I wish they would make Stan and Kyle an actual couple. To quote Craig, if they did that I would be "sooo happy"

NOBODY else in this show has openly said to each other "I Love you", held hands, and hugged more than Stan and Kyle. That's bromance if not just flat out gay.

Anyway, I like Tweek. I relate to him a lot. If don't care if he's gay or not.
Stan and Kyle :)
JMTweekFan

Postby JMTweekFan » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:39 am

I'd say that Tweek and Craig are simply posing as a couple to make the town happy in its heightened endeavor to appear PC. But pretending to be a couple and actually being gay are two very different things. In fact, the whole episode plays on the fact that LGBT people have to play it straight all the time to fly under the radar in order to avoid judgement. For my money I'd say that Tweek and Craig will be best friends as a result of this ordeal, but that's probably the whole extent of their relationship. Also if you look at episodes like "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society," as well as "The Hobbit," both of them seem to express an interest in girls. But that's just me, and fans will interpret it how they will until Trey and Matt decide to make it known for sure (should they choose to do so). Hopefully all will be made clear when the season ends!

On a different note, I just have to say that I love Tweek's new-found self confidence. It completely added another layer to his (already awesome) character. He appears to be a very talented actor, and I hope Trey and Matt do something with it while it's still fresh (though I'm not entirely sure how that might work in an episode). I've also noticed as a result of discovering his inner strength, his voice sounds less strained (and his overall demeanor has changed). I hope that this direction allows for Trey and Matt to use him more, as I know a lot of the reason Tweek isn't in as many episodes is mostly due to the fact that his voice is hard on Matt's vocal cords. Maybe making him stronger has been an intention all along, but they just needed the right vehicle? I'm sure I'm overthinking it. Regardless, I love the character development we saw in this episode, and I hope it is a sign of great things to come for Tweek.

I'm excited to see what they do with these last couple episodes!
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:44 am

kfgg wrote:I wish they would make Stan and Kyle an actual couple. To quote Craig, if they did that I would be "sooo happy"

NOBODY else in this show has openly said to each other "I Love you", held hands, and hugged more than Stan and Kyle. That's bromance if not just flat out gay.

Anyway, I like Tweek. I relate to him a lot. If don't care if he's gay or not.
Pretty sure Sharon and Randy have said 'I love you' more -- probably can't win out on hugs or hand holding though.

I think too many people are confusing the two separate questions of "Are Tweek and Craig a couple?" and "Are Tweek and Craig totally ghey?"
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
RenoD

Postby RenoD » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:01 pm

I really don't know if they are pretending or not but it was a weird and funny episode :D
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:01 pm

It certainly seems like they're an actual couple now. The possibility is rarely referenced, of course, but as Nall pointed out, when they are shown they're together. Considering that these side characters get ignored mostly I think that's significant if they remember Tweek and Craig.
mario88

Postby mario88 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:35 pm

Sitting next to a person doesn't seem to me enough to tell that you are in a relationship. :?
He is the record!
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:58 pm

I think the whole thing really simply brought them into a better friendship.
Stan and Kyle :)
Zelda5820

Postby Zelda5820 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:53 am

mario88 wrote:Sitting next to a person doesn't seem to me enough to tell that you are in a relationship. :?
Well I mean you also see them holding hands in the hallway again after tweek x craig.

They ARE in a relationship. They decided to be in one for the town. It's not really arguable whether or not they're boyfriends because they are.
However do they have actual feelings for each other or are they just putting on an act is a different question. They're dating for sure but we don't know if they actually have feelings for each other.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”