Season 20 Sucks

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Season20Sucks

Season 20 Sucks

Postby Season20Sucks » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:12 am

Just when you think Season 20 couldn't get worse, Matt and Trey shart out the worst episode yet. What a sad end to an otherwise glorious history of hilarity. I've been a fan since the very beginning, but they should just cancel the show at this point and not even both with any more episodes. It's just rock-bottom preachy, and served up from a ridiculously blinkered perspective shared only by the small, sad fraction of the population who will be voting for Gary Johnson. (Which I did in 2012, but not this year. Matt and Trey are delirious if they think even 10% of their fans sympathize with their inclination to put the Clinton Crime Family back in the White House.)

If I wanted to watch the televised equivalent of diarrhea, I would watch Trevor Noah. Used to watch new South Park episodes religiously with assorted long-terms bros, but we agreed after this week's drivel to start using Rick and Morty and Robot Chicken as new, vastly better (and watchable!) excuses to drink good beer. The only thing Matt and Trey could do to redeem themselves for the diseased sewage they have spewed out as a sorry excuse for Season 20 is blow their own brains out.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Season 20 Sucks

Postby Big-Will » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:48 am

I'd be mad, but... a lot of other people love this season, so ... if you don't like this season, you probably won't like next season either, and you should just stop watching the show.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:50 am

It's not over yet
Stan and Kyle :)
PralineMentheCerise

Postby PralineMentheCerise » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:25 am

lmao Cute, you think your opinion matters.
Cloyphish

Postby Cloyphish » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:06 pm

^^ I have to say, I think this person's opinion does matter. I'd like to have a discussion about this.

If I were to justify why season 20 was not too good, I'd have to put it there with season 18 and 19 too. The new continuity road they have gone down focuses too much on current events and in my opinion downplays the rewatch value of these episodes, where as everything else before that was timeless.

That being said,'I haven't found this season too funny, but it has had its moments. I'm finding the overall plot somewhat interesting and I'm eager to see where it goes.

You haven't provided a justification as to why you don't like the season except for a bunch of irrelevant name calling and attacks towards the creators. I feel like the closest you've come to giving an opinion of why you don't like the season is because it's seemingly pro Hillary (which, as we know of with SouthPark, thats certainly not the case). While I can probably safely assure you that no one has rigged South Park to take that stance, what else about season 20 do you dislike, and how do you compare it to season 19?
Jarikf

Postby Jarikf » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:15 am

Hi, guys!
I wasn't too lazy to sign in just to post this.

Thanks for South Park, guys, I really loved it. Was my favorite movie ever.
Watched every single episode and liked them! But last season... ugh, similar to new Star Wars, I just have to admit it's not funny anymore.
Really, I and my friends used to laugh so loud, that my neighbours came to tell us to shut up.
Now we just sit staring at our TV, everyone with pokerface. Noone laughed a single time during last episode!
Won't be watching new ones and very upset about this.
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:25 am

It's very topical, so it can be less engaging if you're not on board with the topics. I enjoy the longer stories for a better payday than one that wraps up in 21 minutes, but I do miss the simplicity of older seasons where the boys would be boys and happen to create or spiral into whatever was going on.

The show is still great to me, and I honestly wouldn't want it cancelled. If the simpsons can go to season 30, South Park can go to Season 40
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:48 am

If I wanted to watch the televised equivalent of diarrhea, I would watch Trevor Noah. Used to watch new South Park episodes religiously with assorted long-terms bros, but we agreed after this week's drivel to start using Rick and Morty and Robot Chicken as new, vastly better (and watchable!) excuses to drink good beer. The only thing Matt and Trey could do to redeem themselves for the diseased sewage they have spewed out as a sorry excuse for Season 20 is blow their own brains out.
I find it interesting how many people drink beer and watch cartoons and think of themselves as the true fans. I don't mean this in a rude way, because that's probably more in line with South Park's target demographics than me and my behavior ever have been or will be. Robot Chicken has been great for over a decade - enjoy it. It's much better for getting drunk and lolzing around.

I find it strange that in the last two years, people suddenly seem upset that South Park is tackling political subjects and current events, as if this is a new thing to the show. Every couple of weeks, some liberal or conservative is upset their ideology isn't represented ideally and wants to quit - and hey, if the show isn't making you laugh, then it's probably for your benefit to quit. But to me, there's not much of a difference as to when Matt and Trey's treatment of Al Gore or Kevin manipulating Satan - both nine and ten years ago.

South Park has dedicated almost every other episode to current events for over a decade and most critical evaluations claim that that's what's kept the show fresh. Rarely do I have a conversation about South Park offline where someone tells me they love the show's characters, often it's the commentary on current events.

I've been bored with it since I was new to the show, and especially in the Internet age, SP is often late to the party. The first half of S17 felt a lot like Matt and Trey were still playing catch-up to nine months off the air, and by the time they tackled Zimmerman, the NSA, Emos, and Obamacare, they were sort of 2000-and-late.

All that said, I repeat what I said - I'm not criticizing our individual OP, and I respect his reasons for exiting. If the show isn't making you happy anymore, stop watching it... but I don't think this season is really too different in any respect but the serialized storyline aspect.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Battletree

Postby Battletree » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:10 pm

hate this season. of course some of you killary cry babies like it. you guys just cant stop whining about the trump win.. get over it and grow up... please take south park back to kids on advetures with actually funny things happening.. im tired of your WAY OFF political views and im tired of watching msnbc park.... and btw america stock market stronger than EVER! TY president trump! but you idiots will never admit that i bet.. and if u damn canadians cant stop talking sh*t and crying like !@#$%^s im done watching. show has lost all humor. :assface:
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:37 am

Battletree wrote:hate this season. of course some of you killary cry babies like it. you guys just cant stop whining about the trump win.. get over it and grow up... please take south park back to kids on advetures with actually funny things happening.. im tired of your WAY OFF political views and im tired of watching msnbc park.... and btw america stock market stronger than EVER! TY president trump! but you idiots will never admit that i bet.. and if u damn canadians cant stop talking sh*t and crying like !@#$%^s im done watching. show has lost all humor. :assface:
If it's humor you're after, watch me laugh hysterically as I cut your back open to rip out your spine and strangle you with it while I snap your teeth off your jaw and watch you bleed to death with your family watching. Now that would be funny.

You cunts better run scared.
Jesi

Postby Jesi » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:10 pm

Battletree wrote:hate this season. of course some of you killary cry babies like it. you guys just cant stop whining about the trump win.. get over it and grow up... please take south park back to kids on advetures with actually funny things happening.. im tired of your WAY OFF political views and im tired of watching msnbc park.... and btw america stock market stronger than EVER! TY president trump! but you idiots will never admit that i bet.. and if u damn canadians cant stop talking sh*t and crying like !@#$%^s im done watching. show has lost all humor. :assface:
LoL... I love this season and I am happy that Trump have won. If you are offended... then show did a great job.
This show was after all... created to laugh at abortions, religion, pliticians and everything masses love/hate.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”