The "I have a Sout Park reference for pretty much anything" syndrome

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

mario88

The "I have a Sout Park reference for pretty much anything" syndrome

Postby mario88 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:48 pm

I am a big fan of South Park (of course, otherwise I wouldn't be here) and the Simpsons (bar the recent series). But what i find amusing and maybe a bit weird is that when i talk with people about different subjects, I noticed i could make a south Park (or Simpson) quote regarding that discussion.

I especially noticed that with a friend of mine. At least 5-6 time I have started a sentence saying to him: "you know, in a South park episode they talked about it".

Same (to a lesser extent) with the Simpsons, or Futurama.

In ""Simpsons Already Did It"", South Park talks about how the Simpsons did pretty much everything: well, after 20 seasons, the same can be said about South Park. To the point, as I was saying at the beginning, that you can reference/quote a South Park episode for almost anything you see or talk about.

I was wondering if anything like this has ever happened to other users, with South Park or other shows. By the way, compared to some people, my knowledge of South Park isn't even that deep. I mean, i have read about people who identify and remember minor characters in a crowd.
He is the record!
Det. Sandy Vagina

Re: The "I have a Sout Park reference for pretty much anything" syndrome

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:01 pm

I mean if I hear people mention a topic that South Park has done, then yes, it does come to my head instantly. I don't believe I've ever brought up South Park in a conversation IRL though.
THERE'S NO SAND IN MY VAGINA!!!
mario88

Postby mario88 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:49 pm

well, sure, it doesn't make much sens to talk about the show with people who don't know much of it. a couple of friends of mine + my brother are big fan like me, so i guess it's easier for me to find an opportunity to talk about South Park "irl" (not so ofte, but it does happen).
He is the record!
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:27 pm

I wish I had South Park friends tbh :lol:
South Park Studios

Postby South Park Studios » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:56 pm

:unhoodedkenny: :| :mrgreen: :timmy: :parishilton: :assface: :gaykenny: :zombiekenny:
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Sat May 20, 2017 7:30 am

My dad randomly sung the Taco Flavored Kisses song at dinner last night. It was pretty much word-for-word and actually a good impression. Sounded just like the show.

My dad isn't really a South Park fan, he just watches it occasionally but when he does he loves it. He's basically how I got into it in the first place and now I'm a bigger fan obviously :lol:

Return to “General South Park Discussion”