South Park Season 20 DVD

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Det. Sandy Vagina

Re: South Park Season 20 DVD

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:52 am

Someone is bound to put it up on YouTube, I'm patient. Mainly cause I just started listening to commentaries and I'm only up to season 12.
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:49 am

Det. Sandy Vagina wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:52 am
Someone is bound to put it up on YouTube, I'm patient. Mainly cause I just started listening to commentaries and I'm only up to season 12.
See? He's get it. But for Mr. Garrison, just because he's president now doesn't mean they have to keep him as president for the next 4 years or until Donald Trump gets impeached in real life. Just have Garrison resigned and get someone to take his place. It's not that hard. After all, Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two completely different people who are both jerks with completely different backgrounds. Because South Park won't mock Trump next season, it should meant that they can stop treating Mr. Garrison like Donald Trump and bring him back to South Park to teach again. How hard is that?
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
JVM

Postby JVM » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:28 am

There is no alternate version of "Aw, Jeez" and if you looked during the Live-Tweet, the storyboards for the final episode were written with notes of what to change. They mentioned the people puking outside of the community center could be puking out of disgust for Trump or from drinking too much for Hillary. We would've gotten the same thing with some changed lines - less "This isn't how it was supposed to happen". Keep in mind Gerald's plot is never affected directly, and Garrison is only in two scenes, and Randy in three.

Matt and Trey obviously had different ideas for "Members Only" and on, but they didn't write or animate any of it in advance. That episode feels a lot more fresh because of the Garrison-Trump jokes that were obviously not planned in advance, but it lags on story development as a result.

They liked playing Garrison's plotline against Gerald as different kinds of provocateurs, and how Garrison wanted to lose his fanbase while Gerald relished in it, but by the midpoint of the season, they were waiting for the election to be over so they could focus on the kids. Then they bet on Vegas odds, and Trump won. Their intention was that Garrison would return to town as he does, be forced to apologize for being a giant douche, get his job back and that Garrison would help the solution. They did allude early to the idea the kids' sexism fight is a reflection of the adults.

It's important to recall the entire season was about trying to undo what the member berries were up to and stop their plan, which was always intended to lead into the election. Garrison won, so the member berries won, the antagonists won, which undermined the plot of the entire season as it stood. This is why the remainder of the season failed - even most of Gerald's plot, which proceeded anyway, had been built upon the idea that provocation and nostalgia would fail. It didn't.
2002 - Skank Hunt: No finished footage, but storyboard drawings and Matt and Trey doing the girls' voices. Bebe and Nichole are in their normal voices.
This is a favorite of mine, so I want to elaborate on it.

It's similar to the final scene where Annie delivers her 'the girls have been ignored for too long' speech, but Wendy isn't initially present, rushing in and telling them they don't have to do this, Cartman's innocent, and citing a tweet from Heidi, despite her deleted Twitter earlier. (This seems to be an early hint for the 'emoji analysis' scene intended for "Weiners Out" and pushed to "Fort Collins".) Annie suggests this makes it even more necessary for them to do this - because this means one of the boys has been hiding behind a nice face to them, and then going behind their back, versus Cartman, who they still see as just an assh*le in general.

The presence of Bebe and Nichole but not Wendy and Annie simply suggests the scene was never brought to April Stewart, as the former two have different voice actresses. (Annie was voiced by Mona Marshall until TSOT though.)
Random deleted scenes:
The men of South Park at JJ Abrams' mansion - just a variation of the scene in "Member Berries."
I took this as an alternate ending to 20x10. We messed up, we need a reset, ala the dialogue in the final version's ending about how the season's events were a "mulligan" that needed to be ignored.
But for Mr. Garrison, just because he's president now doesn't mean they have to keep him as president for the next 4 years or until Donald Trump gets impeached in real life. Just have Garrison resigned and get someone to take his place. It's not that hard. After all, Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two completely different people who are both jerks with completely different backgrounds. Because South Park won't mock Trump next season, it should meant that they can stop treating Mr. Garrison like Donald Trump and bring him back to South Park to teach again. How hard is that?
I think the damage is done. It would have been easier to do this before the election actually took place, but now they've already put their feet in the cement. I do think using Garrison lost a key factor of Trump's background - which is his business history - but they seem to have committed to it, and it would've been nicer if he resigned during S20 or elected not to serve.
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:48 am

JVM wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:28 am
They liked playing Garrison's plotline against Gerald as different kinds of provocateurs, and how Garrison wanted to lose his fanbase while Gerald relished in it, but by the midpoint of the season, they were waiting for the election to be over so they could focus on the kids. Then they bet on Vegas odds, and Trump won. Their intention was that Garrison would return to town as he does, be forced to apologize for being a giant douche, get his job back and that Garrison would help the solution. They did allude early to the idea the kids' sexism fight is a reflection of the adults.
But does that mean we were supposed to assumed that Bill and Bill fixed everything at school?
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:56 am

Al its just a cartoon. I know Matt and Trey would like to make the whole thing flow but that isn't possible. They have to rewrite everything as they thought Hillary Clinton was going to win. I don't think that they are at all thinking of the kids breaking up or other left to dangle plots. I think it is better to just say they are done with.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:00 am

JamesPolo wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:56 am
Al its just a cartoon. I know Matt and Trey would like to make the whole thing flow but that isn't possible. They have to rewrite everything as they thought Hillary Clinton was going to win. I don't think that they are at all thinking of the kids breaking up or other left to dangle plots. I think it is better to just say they are done with.
You mean that the couples at school will never get back together?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:13 am

Um, it's just a cartoon. You don't care enough to buy the home video releases of the episodes, we don't care enough to obsess over the couples at school ever getting back together.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:34 pm

Big-Will wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:13 am
Um, it's just a cartoon. You don't care enough to buy the home video releases of the episodes, we don't care enough to obsess over the couples at school ever getting back together.
But Stendy is the biggest concern at the moment because of how she was playing with the boys in the new games.
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:50 pm

I like discussion and speculation about obscure topics as much as the next guy, but enough is enough, Al. No one knows anything about Heiman or Stendy and we've been giving you the same assumptions for a while now. I'm gonna say it again; I don't think Stan and Wendy's relationship are even going througj Matt or Trey's head. Heiman, maybe, but nothing you will ever find out until season 21.
THERE'S NO SAND IN MY VAGINA!!!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:17 pm

SouthAl93 wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:34 pm
Big-Will wrote:
But Stendy is the biggest concern at the moment because of how she was playing with the boys in the new games.
That may be, but not for Matt and Trey, and certainly not for the moderator who can lock your threads, make them disappear, and ban you for at least a day.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:40 pm

Big-Will wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:17 pm
SouthAl93 wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:34 pm
Big-Will wrote:
That may be, but not for Matt and Trey, and certainly not for the moderator who can lock your threads, make them disappear, and ban you for at least a day.
I'll might stop for now but please answer this question from me first. Wasn't this gender war supposed to last only through Season 20 because the upcoming games show Wendy playing with the boys? That must mean that the current Stendy breakup was only lasting through the gender wars. Am I right? Kyle now knows who the troll is and will prevent him from trolling the girls at school. And don't forget about Bill and Bill. And now I can end my part of the thread.
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:44 pm

Det. Sandy Vagina wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:50 pm
I like discussion and speculation about obscure topics as much as the next guy, but enough is enough, Al. No one knows anything about Heiman or Stendy and we've been giving you the same assumptions for a while now. I'm gonna say it again; I don't think Stan and Wendy's relationship are even going througj Matt or Trey's head. Heiman, maybe, but nothing you will ever find out until season 21.
But judging by the recent trailers for the upcoming new games, Wendy should be back with Stan by now. Someone just please give me a accepting and pleasing answer to my problem that sounds reasonable enough to keep me quiet until Season 21. I don't care if it's the same as other responses you gave me I just don't want these confusing thoughts ruin my summer. Just tell me anything to give me hope to seeing Stan and Wendy together again next season.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:29 am

I mentioned this before (Unless I didn't post it)

The option is there if they need it. It's a prop mostly. Like killing Kenny.

The games are not related to the future of the show. So they're not involved with what happens in future seasons. Those games are YEARS of work.

Go, enjoy your summer. There is literally nothing you'll be able to find out before the show. Zip. Not about anything. Even the week before there is only a general idea.

It's June 20th. You'll find out in 2 months or at least you'll be able to see a new episode.
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:01 am

kfgg wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:29 am
I mentioned this before (Unless I didn't post it)

The option is there if they need it. It's a prop mostly. Like killing Kenny.

The games are not related to the future of the show. So they're not involved with what happens in future seasons. Those games are YEARS of work.

Go, enjoy your summer. There is literally nothing you'll be able to find out before the show. Zip. Not about anything. Even the week before there is only a general idea.

It's June 20th. You'll find out in 2 months or at least you'll be able to see a new episode.
Even though I really didn't like what happen to Stan and Wendy in Season 20, I guess there's no other way around it. Looks like I'll just shut up and wait until Season 21 to see them together again.
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:42 pm

JVM wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:28 am
I think the damage is done. It would have been easier to do this before the election actually took place, but now they've already put their feet in the cement. I do think using Garrison lost a key factor of Trump's background - which is his business history - but they seem to have committed to it, and it would've been nicer if he resigned during S20 or elected not to serve.
So unless Donald Trump gets impeached, Mr. Garrison is stuck as president for the next 4 years. Is that correct?

Return to “General South Park Discussion”