My NYCC South Park Experience

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

vince_himself

My NYCC South Park Experience

Postby vince_himself » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:14 am

This past Friday, I attended my very first New York Comic Con, and my very first real convention ever. Part of why I was there was because I was hoping that the convention would be celebrating South Park in some way, like they did at NYCC last year. Less than three days before the convention, they made their announcement.

The Member Berry Challenge was designed to be an intense trivia competition in which two people go face to face and answer questions about the show. Three questions answered correctly gets you a Member Berry ball and an exclusive South Park "I Heart NY" shirt, although rather than the heart, it's Randy taking a dump. Get just one of the questions incorrectly, and not only do you not win anything (making competing in the rest of the game kind of pointless), but a life-size Randy Marsh animatronic, operated by a technician in an isolated room not seen by anyone else, sprays half a gallon of "Member Berry juice" (purple-colored water) onto you. There's another way to win the shirt and balls: just find the guy dressed as Chef, take a photo with him, and you win. Anyway, here's my experience with the game...

Because I was wearing my Kenny/Mysterion hoodie from last year's Loot Crate, I was given a jump-the-line pass by the South Park staff members. Anyone dressed in costume (even though mine was literally just a hoodie) was given the opportunity to go first ahead of everyone else, otherwise, we would've been waiting for 2+ hours to get our turn, since there was close to 100 or more people crowded around the exhibit. So after they gave my opponent (dressed as Coon) and I our ponchos, goggles, and made us sign waivers, we competed. The questions were fairly easy, and I'll post the questions I was given at the bottom of this post.

Since the two of us knew our South Park facts, we went into a sudden death elimination tie breaker round. On the other questions, we're given multiple choice answers if we get stuck, but in the event of a tie breaker, we'd be given no assistance whatsoever. First one to shout the answer wins. The tie-breaking question was, "What does Cartman nickname his penis in the episode 'Ike's Wee Wee'?" The answer: fireman. I was the first to say the answer. I won, my opponent got sprayed, and I walked away with a shirt and a Member Berry ball. This was my second Member Berry ball. The first one I got from taking a picture with Randy's animatronic. Anyone that took a selfie with him and posted it to social media with #SouthPark21 was given a ball. Weeks ago, Comedy Central sent me two Member Berry balls, so that makes four for me. (Well three now... one of them burst open and ripped this morning in my room somehow.)

All in all, I had the absolute time of my life at NYCC, including getting to finally partake in a real life South Park fan experience. No other show on television gives their fans more love than South Park and Comedy Central do. I can't wait for next year. Hopefully they have another big attraction at the convention! Maybe even a panel featuring Matt and Trey. :assface:

Oh right... my questions. Well unfortunately, I only remember two of the three main questions, besides the tie-breaker. Here they are:

"What Terrence & Phillip episode is on repeat during the episode 'Canada on Strike'?"
Answer: I Fart Huckabees

"Who is pictured on Cartman's sleeping bag?"
Answer: Steve Urkel

(If I somehow remember the other question, I'll put it here.)
Hey kids... ya wanna see my South Park collection?
JamesPolo

Re: My NYCC South Park Experience

Postby JamesPolo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:11 am

Sounded cool. I wish the show would be at the Sacramento Wizard World Comic Con.

I wonder what happened to that one member berry of yours? I don't think they're suppose to self destruct.

I think you would beat me at the quiz contest, good story.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
vince_himself

Re: My NYCC South Park Experience

Postby vince_himself » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:22 am

JamesPolo wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:11 am
I wonder what happened to that one member berry of yours? I don't think they're suppose to self destruct.
I don't even know, to be honest. I just walked into my room a couple days later and it was ripped open. I put the other three I still have on a high shelf with the rest of my South Park toys/merchandise.
Hey kids... ya wanna see my South Park collection?

Return to “General South Park Discussion”