The Fractured But Whole

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

ICreaturees

The Fractured But Whole

Postby ICreaturees » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:16 pm

I like the game, South Park The Fractured But Whole, can you guys please give me your opinions on the game? :unhoodedkenny:
SouthAl93

Re: The Fractured But Whole

Postby SouthAl93 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:52 pm

For me, it's a pretty good game but not quite as better as Stick of Truth. I think what would make TFBW more awesome is if Saddam Hussein was the main villain and final boss of the game instead of Cartman's hand puppet.
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:13 am

I'm not that fixated on Saddam Hussein, but I would definitely prefer him to Mitch Conner...s
THERE'S NO SAND IN MY VAGINA!!!
homonlist

Postby homonlist » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:55 pm

Sadly I liked the combat system in the first game a lot better. They had to change something, but I dont think it was necessarily an upgrade sadly. :santa:
Grim Dawn

Postby Grim Dawn » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:35 pm

I preferred the combat system in the Stick of Truth to the new one also. I was equally disappointed in the main villain for this game, but I really enjoyed the central theme. The game had several highlights for me with Morgan Freeman and PC Principal. It's not a bad game by any means, but I don't feel like it was as strong as Stick of Truth.
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:16 pm

Both had positives and negatives.

Stick of Truth: Better Tutorial. LOVED CANADA!! Had a better overall storyline. Easier to move around. Facebook thing made more sense than Instagram/Coonstagram. Easier to pickup stuff. Liked being small at times. Sex scene was awkward but awesome at the same time.

TFBW: Loved the options for combat...pick and choose your specials. Loved the Kids characters (Coon, Mysterion etc). Had a longer shelf life (SOT had a better storyline, but it just ended too quick....) Loved the Tweek/Craig interaction :)

A third game desperately needs Satan and his liar ( and the "Canadian Devil"). A "Heaven vs Hell" battle might actually be pretty cool!! 8) Wouldn't also not mind battling Scott Tenorman. Garrison needs to be updated as the president. I couldn't believe this game was missing Cithulu and Captian Hindsight. They can also develop Heidi and Bebe more as lead girls. They keep adding new episodes and there is definately room for a third video game arc in about 3-4 years.
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
DialD4eath

Postby DialD4eath » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:58 am

I personally enjoyed the game. My pros and cons about how are as follows
(FYI i played the hardest difficulty because the stick of truth was too easy and was worried it would be the same here. PC is my gaming platform)
Pros:
-The combat system when put on a harder difficulty is actually challenging, something i was hoping for after blowing through stick of truth so easily (even on its hardest mode.)
-The game is much longer, and has much more content
-The story is fun, follows the superhero genre, and true to south park's nature, it made me laugh really hard.
-In regards to the RPG genre, it has much more gear, a crafting system, a whole lot of team mates

Cons:
-The story was anti-climactic, I cannot help but feel it could of gone further and done much better
-To ellaborate on a prior point as a second point, there were several battles much more challenging and engaging than the final boss and the final boss in question in my personal opinion should of been a mid-boss, to sort of "stir the pot" of the story and develop into another antagonist that could evolve into a larger problem.
-There are several different types of enemies this time around, but i was hoping for more super-villain action other than professor chaos. There are other villains and some despite not fitting in the super hero genre still manage to make the game flow good, but i was hoping for more superhero genre villains.
-The game is still pretty buggy, and even non bug issues could still use some tweeks

In Summary:
Ubisoft corrected gameplay mechanics (at least for the harder difficulties), but suffered a story problem this time so it is like it did a reverse. It isn't fair in my opinion to say this game was not fun because I can tell they put lots of elbow grease into this by making the game longer, twice as content rich as stick of truth, and challenging on higher difficulties. At the same time I cannot help but feel this can be corrected, maybe in a future DLC the game can go further with a much more insidious and challenging antagonist to serve as a final boss. They can also add more super hero genre enemies as well to give the vibe it is a super hero rpg, after all they did the same with stick of truth and it had less content. Both south park rpg games have two vibes they follow, they did a great job following the south park vibe but like stick of truth they need to emphasize the superhero vibe as well.

I enjoyed the game irregardless, whenever people ask me my two most favorite shows in the world it will always be Dragon Ball Z and South Park, so give it a chance you might like it too. I try not to let people sway me from games i want to try these days, especially since some games that were formerly terrible are getting those ratings retconned and got better reviews after given a retrospective second chance. (not only that, people were expecting a lot from this game considering how long they kept it in development.)
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:02 am

I found the gameplay fantastic, especially the improved combat, and the visuals much better, but grew bored of the storyline pretty quickly. I'm still working through an explanation of exactly why it didn't work for me personally, because it had so many ingredients that I could and should have loved. There were also a few moments that felt a bit... inauthentic.
I couldn't believe this game was missing Cithulu and Captian Hindsight.
Jack Brolin, working for the South Park Gazette, is what's left of Captain Hindsight. He never changed back onscreen.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”