A pitch to kill off Mr Garrison

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Tyson2020

A pitch to kill off Mr Garrison

Postby Tyson2020 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:15 pm

Hello, big South Park fan here. I have an idea for a stand alone bridging episode that could be aired before the next season.

One of the many problems with President Trump is that he has ruined Mr Garrison. It was obvious in season 20 that he was being set up to fail and possibly return to South Park Elementary. When Trump won, Mr Garrison was effectively dead, so I would argue that it is better to actually kill him off in order to reset for next season. In this scenario, Mike Tyson will become President. Here’s the pitch:

The episode starts with the boys sitting around waiting for the Presidential Debate. Naturally, Cartman is sure that Garrison/Trump is going to kick ass because of their shared inherent racism. The other boys aren’t so sure.

Sean Hannity is moderating and on stage stands Mike Tyson, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Trump and Jeff Sessions. Hannity asks Mike how he feels about the MeToo movement, stressing that he is a convicted rapist. After an awkward stuttering start, Mike goes on to eloquently describe both the pros and cons of Me Too and how much he learned in prison. Mike also mentions bone spurs.

Trump is now facing hundreds of fresh allegations and is almost bankrupt again from all the hush money he has paid. Trump says “These 748 women are LIARS who will be sued after the election.” This is met with icy silence from a packed Madison Square Garden.

Next is the debate on Climate Change. Neil is about to open when Mike taps him on the shoulder and says “I’ve got this”. He proceeds to give a long-winded, jargo-filled speech about the reality of climate change, with Neil occasionally interjecting to dumb down what Mike is saying to make it more understandable.

Trump says “Climate Change is Fake News made up by the Chinese to hurt America”. This is again met with silence (maybe some crickets) and Trump begins to panic. He tries to lead a USA! chant but nothing. He then starts talking about Hillary’s emails, but is quickly drowned out by a chorus of boos.

The debate then turns to Race Relations. Neil and Mike make all the obvious appeals for justice and equality. Trump says “Everyone knows Africa is a shithole. Why can’t we have more people from Norway?”

In the second half it is revealed that the candidates have agreed to an exhibition wrestling match with Neil and Trump. Trump brags “Did you know I’m in the WWE Hall of Fame? And did you see what I did to CNN?”

Neil and Donald enter the ring. Neil is looking sharp in his wrestling attire, while Trump has agreed to wear a sequinned Mexican kit, complete with sombrero and fake moustache.

The final 9 minutes is Neil (who was an actual wrestler) proceeds to completely poleaxe Trump with every conceivable WWE style move. It then turns to a barely conscious Trump facing up to 3 minutes of Mike Tyson unloading on him. Moments after the final bell, Trump falls down face first.

The final scene shows a clearly dead Mr Garrison being propped up by Hannity and Kellyanne Conway. The final shot is of Jeff Sessions, who has agreed to fight in black-face and an Afro wig, sh*tting himself as Mike and Neil move in.

I think this is a good way to reset and you could even bring back Garrison in some form. I think this frees up the writing team to not have to have Trump plot lines every week, because he does dominate the news cycle. A President Mike Tyson is also comedy gold.

Let us know what you think guys!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: A pitch to kill off Mr Garrison

Postby Big-Will » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:54 pm

Tyson2020 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:15 pm
Hello, big South Park fan here. I have an idea for a stand alone bridging episode that could be aired before the next season.
Let's stop right there. As you surely know, they've never done stand-alone bridging episodes, so anything you posted after that sentence is irrelevant. It's not in their contracts.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Tyson2020

Postby Tyson2020 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:12 pm

I’m sorry you feel that way. Perhaps it could be considered for the start of a new season.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:59 am

I think the Presidency arc fits pretty well with Garrison. This is the same guy who in very early seasons would pitch at town meetings, "Can we get rid of all the Mexicans?" The same guy who couldn't be trusted to let the Jakovasaur stay with him because everyone assumed he'd have sex with it. The same guy who was homophobic both before coming out as gay AND after having a sex change. Until he became a lesbian, of course. In early seasons, Garrison had terrible things to say about women and Jews and, oh, remember his Christmas song?

Given all the crazy antics they've filtered through Herbert Garrison, Donald Trump ain't shit. There has been nothing "presidential" interpreted by him that was so out of step that it makes me think, "Woah, this is so out of character for Mr. Garrison."

You read it! You can't unread it!
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:59 pm

Return to “General South Park Discussion”