Do any of you look at South Park as being philosophical?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

RLarissa

Re: Do any of you look at South Park as being philosophical?

Postby RLarissa » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:13 pm

It has to be your own way. The charisma comes from uniqueness. If you use advices, it is no longer your own project. Another thing - nothing is perfect. There will be weak and strong sides of the story, but together they are a charm of your creation. Don't try to be universal or to embrace all issues, begin with your self.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:29 am

Hannafechik98 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:25 am
I’m trying to do a project on satire and how it works. South Park will be included. But what’s the simplist way to do a project that includes so much information?
I think of by first creating a thesis type of deal of what a satire is and then breaking down what a satire is composited of. Then just go ahead and define each aspect of a satire and provide an illustration like an example of South Park or other works and their episodes.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
Hannafechik98

Postby Hannafechik98 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:42 am

Thank you. But how should i do it? A booklet poster etc?
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:58 am

I was thinking of a book.
Hannafechik98

Postby Hannafechik98 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:35 am

I also ask this question. Do you think that people who can laugh and understand the mockery of their beliefs be respected, and maybe even more accepted?
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:23 am

Yeah, I would say people are respected for putting up with jokes against them. Still, people like to see someone lose every once and a while. If someone just plans on these and it has no real effect, that person comes across real douche baggish.
Hannafechik98

Postby Hannafechik98 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:00 am

I also came across some people who assume a bunch of terrible or unbelievable things about the writers saying they supported the stuff the are making fun of in the episodes. They’re just throwing judgement at them when they don’t even know anything about them.

How would anybody deal with them?
EsmagaSapos

Postby EsmagaSapos » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:13 pm

I didn't read any f*cking thing you guys said, maybe later, but the thing I like about South Park is the message that you shouldn't really worry about a f*cking thing, don't take things seriously. There use of irony is a case of study, I can't use words to express how good there irony is.
Hannafechik98

Postby Hannafechik98 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:03 pm

I have actually started a website on WIX.com called “SatireUnited”. I think it will be a site where people can sign up to be members. I will be talking a lot about “South Park”, but “The Simpsons”, “Family Guy”, etc. as well.

https://hannafechik.wixsite.com/satireunited
trym0803

Postby trym0803 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:39 am

I think SP is Philosophical. I think it can be used to attack all forms of belief. Not only religion but Atheism and all types of philosophy. I liked on the last episode I watched, the "Bike Parade," where the ending when Cartman is threatening Token to tell on him for seeing Black Panther, but Token swears up and down he never seen it. The conversation seems dull and dry in general, but the idea is a logic pattern between him and Token the entire episode. Cartman says: All black people have seen black panther. All black people love black panther. Black Panter sucked. He was sorry he is one of the people that thinks black panther sucks. Token falls under those that are black and seen black panter. Well, the entire season Cartman seems to be going out on a limb to prove he seen it, not straying from this argument. I wondered why is he not being more like the little Monster we have seen before to get his way (ie. making that kids eat his parents, but the fact was he knew he was right) At the end Token moves his Math test over for Cartman to cheat off of him, thus proving Cartman was right. Token is black, all black people have seen black panther, and all black people loved black panther. Token seen black panther and loved it.
trym0803

Postby trym0803 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:22 am

"I also ask this question. Do you think that people who can laugh and understand the mockery of their beliefs be respected, and maybe even more accepted?"

I know this is an old discusssion, but I really like the topic, so I am going to comment. :) I think of the Nintendo Wii episode, where Cartman freezes himself so he can be waken when the Wii comes out because he can't stand waiting. He ends up in the future and everyone is Athiest. Richard Dawkins and Miss Garrison had convinced everyone to be athiests. Well, a very known argument that athiests like to make is that religion is responsible for most wars. Granted there are numerous wars through history that were created from religious beliefs and today war based on religion is destroying peoples freedoms and rights to enjoy life without the treat of violence. In the episode there are three main athiest groups that are at war with each other because they cannot agree on what they should be called. So, even if religion was removed from the world, it would not end war.

I think SP is Satrical, but it's great because we can see the views of different beliefs, and I think that more people can actually understand the less tension between people and their beliefs. I think if people are just crazy about religion and other beliefs they threaten others and try to force their own will on to other people rather than trying to respect other peoples views. Or they just like to show how funny some beliefs are. But we can still grow from it. :D
zstoms

Postby zstoms » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:37 am

Hey, guys. There's a book about the philosophy on SP. I don't know if it has been mentioned before.
It's a bit old but I remember I enjoyed it.

http://www.sp-fan.ru/upload/South_park_philosophy.pdf
Unidos o dominados

Return to “General South Park Discussion”