South Park Season 22 begins September 26, 2018

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

JamesPolo

Re: South Park Season 22 begins September 26, 2018

Postby JamesPolo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:01 pm

So I know nall is leaving but will we still get a preview tonight at some time? I really want to know what the season opener will be about. I can't believe South Park is finally back!!!
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:42 pm

JamesPolo wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:01 pm
So I know nall is leaving but will we still get a preview tonight at some time? I really want to know what the season opener will be about. I can't believe South Park is finally back!!!

Probably not the same time. Once they issue a press release for sure. No idea when. No idea who.
mario88

Postby mario88 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:18 am

hi people! long time no see. i'm so excited for the new season and for "#cancelsouthpark". :mrgreen:

also, don't freak out about south park being cancelled. first, no one among the south park haters is powerful enough to hurt the show; second, the it's still popular enough to go on for years (and aged way better than the simpsons by the way). the day there won't be any new episodes it will be because Trey Parker wants to move to something else. and when that happens, i will simply thank him and matt stone for all the entertainment.

my hope for this new season is that they tie some loose ends of the 20ieth and 20st seasons. i also like the kind of dark direction the show has taken.

after so many years south park is still the best show out there. it used to be (at least for me) the best along with the simpsons. now it's the best, period.

i can't wait.
He is the record!
mario88

Postby mario88 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:27 am

Loves2rim wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:04 pm
Good afternoon. I am a die hard fan and just wanted to throw an idea out there. I don't know if the creators will ever see this msg but pray to god it gets to them somehow. I would love to see south park do an episode on the youtube legend LA Beast. He's a big crazy dude who does these extreme and often gross stunts resulting in him hilariously vomiting and hurting himself. I want to see cartman trying to mimic him either calling himself the south park beast or cartman beast. Im telling you this episode would be monumental, la beast has millions of subscribers and no less than 10k likes on every one of his videos! I'm so surprised that Matt and Trey haven't gon after him yet XD. And last but not least, we need a Drake episode. Drake of course is Canadian but raps street and sings emotionally driven songs at the same time. I feel like these many conflicting and often contradicting personas would drive Stan, Cartman, and Kenny f*cking crazy XD. And drake NEEDS to be Canadian, im talking the accent, the beaty eyes and flapping head, the whole 9 XD. I feel like that would be a great episode focusing on Ike as well. I Pray these ideas find there way to the show's writers im telling you the viewers are gonna go ballistic and for me it would be a dream come true 😀. Thanks for your time.

ahah this la beast reminds me of "jackass" and later "viva la bam", two shows based on crazy and/or dangerous stunts. it used to be hugely popular back then, in the early 2000ies.

i wouldn't be surprised if he got inspiration from there.

but i must say, south park has already had a parody of jackass' co-creator and star johnny knoxwille (season 4, episode 15: fat camp, where Jesus calls kenny a prostitute), so imho it's unlikely they will ever do something about this la beast guy, because they basically have already done something very similar.
Last edited by mario88 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
He is the record!
Krusty Kitty

Postby Krusty Kitty » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:47 am

I would like to see more episodes featuring Scott Malkinson, and of course I would love to see more Randy episodes.
I'm also wondering if they plan on putting Spontaneous Bootay in the show (she was in the game)
Airborn56

Postby Airborn56 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:57 am

Someone messed up on the press release, the post is titled "Dead People" yet it's named "Dead Kids" in the post.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:10 am

Not much to go on. I think of with dead kids of the children of Syria and Yemen civil wars and how they are starved and dying. Not many other dead kid ideas come to mind.

There is the Grateful Dead band and a new tribute album coming out. Maybe the kids become Grateful Dead groupies?

There is also about voting and dead people voting.
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:30 am

I'll add the wiki page tonight -- back out of my forced retirement, it seems -- but waiting on title clarification first. "Dead Kids" or "Dead People". I'll share my thoughts once there's a thread.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Airborn56

Postby Airborn56 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:36 am

JVM wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:30 am
I'll add the wiki page tonight -- back out of my forced retirement, it seems -- but waiting on title clarification first. "Dead Kids" or "Dead People". I'll share my thoughts once there's a thread.
They just updated the release, it's "Dead Kids"
mario88

Postby mario88 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:16 am

just watched the clip. as usual, i love randy's attitude.
He is the record!
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:40 am

Anyway of finding out when the preview will be up tonight? I have to go to bed early. I have 2 exams tomorrow.
putitdown321

Postby putitdown321 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:02 am

Season 20 was pretty bad. Then Season 21 lifted my spirits, especially with the budding romance between Cartman and Turner. So what the f is going on this season (22)? It is unwatchable it's so bad. This inane PC Baby plot is just dumb as s**t. PC Principal and the Strong Woman are dull and, one of the creators' favorite words, binary. Even this episode with Mr. Hankey sucks. Man, it's so bad.

Let's get back to Cartman rapping, Turner putting down people who live in tiny houses, and even Garrison as the president (in small increments).

Creators, you're crashing again. We know that even this many years into the show, you can still do great work, like Season 21. Take some acid or something, and turn this trainwreck around. And yes, this is an intervention.
putitdown321

Postby putitdown321 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:57 am

Can we pretend that Season 22 never happened? It's awful. I refuse to believe Trey wrote these abominations. The sad thing is Season 21 was one of my favorites with Heidi Turner and Ike as a Canadian Mountie. There was so much good material to feed off of for this season. But they didn't.

I am so sick of the same Randy plot over and over and over. This marijuana farm thing is going to go nowhere, like so many Randy plots (yelp.) Keep the kids the focus, not the adults.

Anyhow, there was one tolerable episode this season (Halloween) and the rest have been awful. If this continues, it might be time to close up shop. I hope it doesn't (continue).

BRING BACK HEIDI TURNER!!!!!
mr.plow

Postby mr.plow » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:37 pm

Awesome, looking forward to it!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “General South Park Discussion”