Why South Park is a masterpiece?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

FilthyHoe

Why South Park is a masterpiece?

Postby FilthyHoe » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:26 pm

I have an assignment to make an presentation about the "unacknowledged masterpiece" and South Park is my choice. I would like to get some inspiration from you :wink:
Do you think south park is a masterpiece? Why? What do you love about it? Do you have any critique towards it? What do you think about South Park being a critique of modern world? Why is your favourite character and why? Do you have a favourite episode/season?
These are just few example questions, feel free to write what comes to your mind.
Thank you fellas! :unhoodedkenny:
trym0803

Re: Why South Park is a masterpiece?

Postby trym0803 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:44 am

Yea, nice try, stop being lazy and do your own damn school work.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:59 am

You'll have better luck at r/southpark on reddit.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:25 am

South Park is not a finished piece of work, so it is a bad choice in calling it a masterpiece.

South Park stands so far as a great “in a moment in time” adult cartoon. I think that will be its legacy.

We love its adult themes, visual violence, along with its current events topics and relatable situations of children and adults.

A critique is it favors white males as the protagonist but that is understandable when you look at the show’s writers and audience.

South Park as a critique of the modern world is a joke, as America is only 330 million people and the world are 8 billion strong. Even if you include all of the Western World, its still like maybe 1.5 billion out of 8 billion.

Favorite characters are stupid. People would just pick favorites dependent of certain episodes and outcomes.

I guess my favorite episode is “Le Petit Tourette” just because Cartman gets to say all he wants and gets away with it.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
nateboussad

Postby nateboussad » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:55 pm

My girlfriend loves South Park and finds it funny so I've ended up seeing a ton of episodes. I dislike the show because they make fun of liberals more than right-wingers, are too crass for me to find them terribly funny, and use extremely annoying voices on the characters. Also not into the Christmas Poo.

emi calculator

Return to “General South Park Discussion”