Why South Park is a masterpiece?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

FilthyHoe

Why South Park is a masterpiece?

Postby FilthyHoe » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:26 pm

I have an assignment to make an presentation about the "unacknowledged masterpiece" and South Park is my choice. I would like to get some inspiration from you :wink:
Do you think south park is a masterpiece? Why? What do you love about it? Do you have any critique towards it? What do you think about South Park being a critique of modern world? Why is your favourite character and why? Do you have a favourite episode/season?
These are just few example questions, feel free to write what comes to your mind.
Thank you fellas! :unhoodedkenny:
trym0803

Re: Why South Park is a masterpiece?

Postby trym0803 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:44 am

Yea, nice try, stop being lazy and do your own damn school work.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:59 am

You'll have better luck at r/southpark on reddit.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:25 am

South Park is not a finished piece of work, so it is a bad choice in calling it a masterpiece.

South Park stands so far as a great “in a moment in time” adult cartoon. I think that will be its legacy.

We love its adult themes, visual violence, along with its current events topics and relatable situations of children and adults.

A critique is it favors white males as the protagonist but that is understandable when you look at the show’s writers and audience.

South Park as a critique of the modern world is a joke, as America is only 330 million people and the world are 8 billion strong. Even if you include all of the Western World, its still like maybe 1.5 billion out of 8 billion.

Favorite characters are stupid. People would just pick favorites dependent of certain episodes and outcomes.

I guess my favorite episode is “Le Petit Tourette” just because Cartman gets to say all he wants and gets away with it.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/

Return to “General South Park Discussion”