Is it me, or has South Park become more tame

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Hannafechik98

Is it me, or has South Park become more tame

Postby Hannafechik98 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:30 pm

I had watched season 22, and it seems that it’s become a little toned down. What do you think?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Is it me, or has South Park become more tame

Postby Big-Will » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:19 pm

Society has gotten worse since Season 19. The show seems tamer by comparison now.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
trym0803

Postby trym0803 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:22 am

I agree in part. I have noticed a change in story and I really think it has to do with the focus on different characters. They have so many people in South Park that they can do all sorts of different stories, and I think us as an audience are expecting to watch just the main 4 having some crazy adventure. But I cannot stress how much more I like the quality of animation compared to the earlier seasons. But they still have the same swearing they always have had. I think they really pushed the limits of censorship for all cartoon and t.v. everywhere. Remeber they were actually able to say "sh*t" on television, but only in certain context. Really, in the 90's and earlier this was unheard of. I think that they have moved the bar so high that lately we take for granted the vulgarity since we watch other shows that are following by being just as vulgar as well. Remember Miss Cartman was the original dirty cartoon woman. Betty Boop never was featured on Crack Whore Magazine. :mrgreen:
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:03 pm

Season 22 had ManBearPig kill dozens of people, it was probably the most violence the show has ever shown. Also there was Josh dying after the kids opened the Amazon package.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/

Return to “General South Park Discussion”