Can we return to non politic-sarcastic SP?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

xentios

Can we return to non politic-sarcastic SP?

Postby xentios » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:26 pm

You guys get old and become sentimental and always trying to give some stupid public message with regret of not doing anything good for the world. I know your hormones prevent you otherwise so please hire one or two teenagers that is thinking like you when you were 20-25. I want to watch episodes like "scott tenorman must die" not some forced in-tegrity joke or Pc babies.

You must accept facts and open some place for some type old RH- but fresh blood.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Can we return to non politic-sarcastic SP?

Postby Big-Will » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:44 am

They'd say "If you miss episodes like 'Scott Tenorman Must Die,' pop in the Season 5 (or 1 or 15) DVD and watch it again. Once we do an episode like that one, we don't touch it again. We try new things. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Sometimes we revisit old characters like Al Gore and see what they're doing these days. We brought back Scott Tenorman for the Muhammad episode and made him the Joker. We didn't rehash Scott Tenorman back then, did we? So no, don't expect us to do episodes like the ones in the early seasons again, because, well, we already did them."
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
xentios

Postby xentios » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:16 pm

Your answer is like this;
Imagine you are going to Kfc and now they are selling skinless bland chicken. The employee tells you this while rubbing his nipples. Because they were giving spicy crispy chickens last 15 years. That is old and they already done it. Now they are trying skinless chicken. Too bad if it did not work for you. Please eat the sh*t you defecated 10 seasons ago for the same taste.

And the real reason all gore is back because he was right and world is burning now. You guys got feelings now and fell regret about mocking him, felt responsible for global warming. But please let Greta do this job. Your job is humor not fixing the world. Make fun of Greta in your show. She gave you plenty material to play with. (I like Greta and respect her work but SP was never about respect)

Don't change your recipe because hot spice is a burning felling for your customers when they are sh*tting.

Look in the end this is your show but you can have a legendary ending or a season 8 ending. I and many of your fans would prefer a legendary ending for SP.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:23 pm

xentios wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:16 pm
Your answer is like this;

...Don't change your recipe because hot spice is a burning felling for your customers when they are sh*tting...
Boy, you didn't read my post at all, did you? :cartmanevillaugh:
Big-Will wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:44 am
They'd say "...We try new things. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.."
You think in trying new things they don't change the recipe? :cartmanevillaugh:

If you don't find anything original in recent seasons, go back and 'member the glory days of the early seasons. Denver ain't going back to being the city it was a century ago, SP ain't going back to being the kickass show it was 10 years ago. Get over it. If Matt and Trey come up with a legendary ending, it'll be on their terms, not on fan desires, requests, or demands.

xentios

Postby xentios » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:55 am

"it'll be on their terms, not on fan desires, requests, or demands."

Yeah , Now I am ready for a worse ending then season 8 of GOT. I guess you finish a series early and become a legend like Firefly or live long enough to become the joke itself. Too bad such hard work they done at start is now being wasted. I hope this post reaches to them and change their minds before it is too late. Just remember how hard it was M&T.
JVM

Postby JVM » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:40 am

We can't.

In my thirteen or so years in this fandom, I was convinced Matt and Trey were just hitting a fumble here and there, that the show had plenty of room to grow, and that there were just a few easy things Matt and Trey could try to breathe in new energy that could buy the show decades' more stories. I've since then seen them experiment with all of those things - bringing back older characters, exploring continuity, solving mysteries, new dynamics, development attempts, etc. - and not a single one of them made the show any better long term. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Bringing back old characters only causes them to be twisted to fit what the show has become, new dynamics never last more than an episode or two, nobody cares about lore or canon (least of all Trey and Matt) character development has never stuck, and continuity ruined the show's last several seasons.

The fact is, what the show has been for the last decade and a half is exactly what Trey and Matt want it to be, and we have to learn to live with it, or give up on the show.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Raymond455

Postby Raymond455 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:44 pm

i just telling one thing i m not intrested in this thread i m moving..
inuyasha_demon

Postby inuyasha_demon » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:38 am

Big-Will wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:44 am
They'd say "If you miss episodes like 'Scott Tenorman Must Die,' pop in the Season 5 (or 1 or 15) DVD and watch it again. Once we do an episode like that one, we don't touch it again. We try new things. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Sometimes we revisit old characters like Al Gore and see what they're doing these days. We brought back Scott Tenorman for the Muhammad episode and made him the Joker. We didn't rehash Scott Tenorman back then, did we? So no, don't expect us to do episodes like the ones in the early seasons again, because, well, we already did them."
I have a feeling if Matt and Trey were moderators here, they'd have a fun time trolling members who post these sorts of threads.

Anyway, 100 percent back this post. I used to want these kinda episodes back, but my mind changed overtime.
smitske

Postby smitske » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:17 pm

xentios wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:26 pm
You guys get old and become sentimental and always trying to give some stupid public message with regret of not doing anything good for the world. I know your hormones prevent you otherwise so please hire one or two teenagers that is thinking like you when you were 20-25. I want to watch episodes like "scott tenorman must die" not some forced in-tegrity joke or Pc babies.

You must accept facts and open some place for some type old RH- but fresh blood.
I think 20-25 year olds are the last people you want if you do not want politics.
Thats probably the demo that is most about making it all about politics these days.
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:41 pm

Big-Will wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:23 pm
If you don't find anything original in recent seasons, go back and 'member the glory days of the early seasons. Denver ain't going back to being the city it was a century ago, SP ain't going back to being the kickass show it was 10 years ago. Get over it. If Matt and Trey come up with a legendary ending, it'll be on their terms, not on fan desires, requests, or demands.
I remember back 2011, when "You're Getting Older" aired, everyone was freaking out about the possibility of South Park ending. Then they were relieved when the show was renewed for Season 16 and 17. Now that we're the show's 23rd season, it's a problem for fans.

They're political but they've been ridiculing both sides equally. They said the far right needs to be more open to new ideas and that old jobs aren't coming back. They ridiculed Trump for being erratic on Twitter, for saying violence was on both sides and giving a slap on the wrist to Nazis, while taking jabs at Hillary. But they don't let liberals off the hook either and have ridiculed them for freaking out about everything, not looking at facts, and never taking personal responsibility - similar to they're conservative counterparts. Don't forget the episode where they were taking jabs at white liberals who were looking for victim points in DNA tests.
AlleEpisodenAnsehen

Postby AlleEpisodenAnsehen » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:41 am

Absolutely agree to this thread's OP message.

Where are the absurd, hilarious, yet incredibly clever, episodes with a deeper hidden meaning, just like the very first one (or "Mecha-Streisand", "Proper Condom Use", "Cartmanland", "Raisins" for example)?

Southpark has become a purely boring policital show ... Trump, Weed ... That's it.

Please revert to original intention of being just crazy while providing clever insights from both sides of the same coin.
Damn, those f***ing rats everywhere!
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:06 am

So do the same thing they've already done? Meh.

I've been a fan of a lot of ridiculously long-running series, some of which I started watching as a child. I've seen them all evolve and change; go thru golden ages and droughts of mediocrity. Every time one of these shows tries to go back and do something 'like they used to', it never quite lands the way it did the first time they did it. Because it never meets expectations. The viewer is not the same person they were the first go-round. Neither are any of the people making the show; often literally. Like different humans are doing the job.

So instead of rehashing, the other option is to do something different. Branch out; go on a season-long political rant. Write off some characters. Get super meta. I don't know; I'm not a creative. The same thing cannot work forever and pandering to nostalgia is never fulfilling.

To this topic, I say don't bother going back to some past formula. Instead, go in yet another new direction. At one time the "Cartman messing with Butters" concept was new and interesting. All that stuff with "Coon and Friends" was different and new at one point. Early episodes that focused on Randy were a fun departure at the time. Hard to remember during the heavy dose of Randy we've been getting in recent years, but it was once a funny idea to have him hog an episode with his crazy. I will watch his little league fights in The Losing Edge any time.

I find this back half of season 23 good in this regard of trying new things. I like the experiments. Keep 'em coming.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:58 am

You'd think the member berries from Season 20 would have taught us something about going back to how things used to be...

If you didn't learn that lesson, it's "You can't go home again. The show can't go back to how it used to be. The sarcastic, non-political SP you might get won't be the same one you grew up on."

Return to “General South Park Discussion”