People having an issue with the .lat and other sites

This is the feedback forum. Please use it to leave comments about features or anything else you would like seen added to Southparkstudios.com
Big-Will
Board Moderator

People having an issue with the .lat and other sites

Postby Big-Will » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:42 pm

I'm moving all threads about that issue to Site Bugs. Please start any new threads there. They don't belong in General SP Discussion, Character Discussion, Feedback, Off Topic Discussion, etc. Hopefully the techs can fix the issue or explain why localization is necessary when fans from all over the world want the episodes in English.

(Most often, it's because they don't understand the meaning of some English phrases, as there's no equivalent in other languages, and localization attempts to fix that)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Dve666

Re: People having an issue with the .lat site

Postby Dve666 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:53 pm

If that's true, it was better before I can choose whether to watch the episodes in Spanish or in English
DJJ66

Postby DJJ66 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:07 am

Cool, don't care about localization, I'd rather have the option of watching it in English. I don't want to be forced to watch the dubbed version, at this point you guys are only shooting yourselves in the foot. Bring back English to South Park Brazil!
JimBeam77

Postby JimBeam77 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:01 am

Why you guys felt the need to make us watch South Park in Spanish? not everyone in here wants to see dubbed shows. Please bring back the option to choose language
JoyLaLunne

Postby JoyLaLunne » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:00 am

Ohh thanks goodness I wasn't the only one, I don't like the Spanish dub since most of the jokes get completely butchered for the sake of translation, I hope this get fixed soon
88naka

Postby 88naka » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:26 pm

what sh*t show the dubbed version is literally dog sh*t, literally nobody watches it
ramzeto

Postby ramzeto » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:36 pm

The decision to localize the site and to remove the original audio was blatantly stupid and out of touch. Clearly was made by someone who does not know anything about the show's fanbase.

If we would want to watch the dubbed version, we would watch it in the TV through our crappy cable provider.

You just payed a lot of money to some software development company, for a change that was completely unnecessary and that nobody wanted.

Someone probably assumed that we do not understand English because we live in a Latin American country. It pisses me off.
HellRiver

Postby HellRiver » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:19 pm

Damn Ithough I was the only one I don’t like spanish dub too we need the original voices back cus Trey and Matt do an excellent job with the voices even the songs lol
nav

Postby nav » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:27 pm

same problem here :cry: does anyone have a workaround?
sasarasa

Postby sasarasa » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:54 am

Dub means crappy voices (and cartoonish, Butters sounds pretty eww), bad workarounds for shorts phrases because spanish words are way much longer making dialogues simplified, lots of jokes cant be translated and the result is pretty bad, a lot of stuff doesn't make sense because the word play is not possible (like Jared's "aides", or the way Tuong Lu Kim says "city")...
Damn, I want to watch the episodes on english again, I want a workaround too.
JonRojo

Postby JonRojo » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:00 am

Please, fix this, we like original voices!!!!! :!: :!: :!: :!:
Mikloelguero

Postby Mikloelguero » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:40 am

Duuude, I can’t watch the pandemic special in that crappy Spanish dub! Please don’t make me! Guys for real, South Park is not a super cool animated show, the thing that has always carried this show are Trey and what’s his face’s voices. The jokes mean nothing in Spanish, they are not funny nor have the right context. Please let me choose the English audio. Make it an option if you want but don’t force us to see it dubbed.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:45 pm

I see this now includes German sites and the ability to choose which language to see the show in. :cartmansopissedrightnow:

I've sent messages to the show's FB and Twitter accounts about this problem:
@SouthPark get your techs to restore the spoken-language option to the videos! We're getting Latin American and German complaints that they can no longer watch the shows in English! I'd be pissed off too, if I couldn't watch the show in its original language!
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Fflecx42

Re: People having an issue with the .lat and other sites

Postby Fflecx42 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:02 pm

@SouthPark well i'm another annoyed Localization victim, i really didn't bother with the german version as a person from Switzerland (it just sounds stupid, like kids having an STD, Trisomy 21 and puberty at the same time) , but since you didn't even let us the choice to watch it in English (original), i will have to stream it on bullsh*t sites like burning series or Netflix (which only has like 5 seasons) - Please just give us back the option to choose to watch it in english.
beboy

Re: People having an issue with the .lat and other sites

Postby beboy » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:28 pm

Is the first time I get mad with southpark, a totally crappy decision to force us watch their content in spanish or any other lenguage if you are not in USA territory, let´s say Im an american living in Mexico, so Im f*cked, -like cartman says: I like to be kissed before I get f*ck! - cause there is no way to watch any episode in english, spanish dub is terrible!!! really f*cking stupid decision!

Return to “Feedback”