Baphomet (a controversial Drawing that I made)

Post your own images of South Park, or whatever! Please keep posted images UNDER 30k!

Moderator: Big-Will

StaniaMarsh

Baphomet (a controversial Drawing that I made)

Postby StaniaMarsh » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:29 am

This is a drawing that I made some weeks ago and I'm glad with the results, made in two days with only charcoal and a big sheet of paper (I had to take a photo because the drawing was too big to scan it) I'm sure that somebody knows who is...

Yeah, is Baphomet, unlike most of people thinks Baphomet originally was NOT a sign of devil, he is the light-carrier god of the templars knights.

The people of FAC didn't want me to post it, for one or more reasons that I don't know, I hope you like it and don't judge me of satanist as several of my family have done.

Click on the pic to make it bigger

xXProSkittlesXx

Postby xXProSkittlesXx » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:25 am

WTF? on the pic right under where you signed your name you put the date as 14/05/06?

hah
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:37 am

Okay, I'll just call you misguided. The reason it's satanic is that "light-carrier" is Lucifer, which is one of Satan's names. Satan used to be God's light-carrying angel, the most privileged of God's angels, but he grew proud and challenged God for rulership of Heaven. God defeated him and tossed him out of heaven, and ever since, Lucifer's been doing whatever he could to defeat God's plan for humanity.

It's little wonder that the Church disbanded the Knights Templar - if Baphomet is their light-carrying God, then they commited idolatry in worshiping something other than God, and they could no longer serve the Church.

Other than that, the picture is nice, but it's been done before.

And FAC is...?
Last edited by Big-Will on Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
StaniaMarsh

Postby StaniaMarsh » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:40 am

Oh, I mean a little more that one month (just four weeks), it was one day before Teacher's day, sorry if I confused you. :oops: thanks for the information Big-Will now I'm more informed.

I made this drawing because I like weird things like monsters, mythical creatures, mythology and stuff, but not because I'm a servant of the devil eh...

FAC Is FanArt Central...
blah blah...
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:18 pm

Ooh I know a little something about this.

Baphomet was originally a pagan idol of fertility. The reason it became associated with Satan among Christians is primarily because the church saw it and any other throwback to a competing faith as evil, hence they redesignated it as demonic in order to discourage their own followers from worshipping it. (Note: The Templars were exterminated for their gold, not because they were heretics.) There is really nothing Satanic about it, except for the fact that its imagery was deliberately used by Christianity to represent their own devils.

The name "Lucifer" meanwhile actually does not refer to Satan, except in Milton's writings. It appeared once in the Latin Vulgate translation of the bible, and in context referred to King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon. It's true that the Babylonian king is later used as a prefiguration for the Beast that will lead the Babylon of end times, but they are not literally the same. Consider that Jesus even refers to himself as the "light bringer" or "morning star". If Lucifer is really a name for Satan then that implies that Jesus could be Satan, which is ridiculous.

But anyway, it's understandable if that drawing causes a few suspicious glances. :wink:
Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:19 pm

Very, very nice. 8)

Return to “Fan Art”