It's not easy being blonde!

Post your own images of South Park, or whatever! Please keep posted images UNDER 30k!

Moderator: Big-Will

Athena1999

It's not easy being blonde!

Postby Athena1999 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:39 am

Here's a computer picture of Kenny, Tweek, Pip, and Butters that took me a long time to complete. I'm actually kind of surprised at how well it turned out.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/35549338/

EDIT (7-1-06): And if you're too lazy to click on the link, just look down at my signature. It's the same, only I resized the canvas to make it fit and I airbrushed the gold orbs in to make it more interesting.
Last edited by Athena1999 on Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:04 am

Aww cute. Butter's hair is messed up, but I tryed drawing him and it doesn't work out so well. Good job.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:08 am

Thanks! I kind of applied my own style to Butters because attempting to tranpose his SP hair to anime style is downright impossible.
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:16 am

That's pretty cool, you are good at drawing anime. I'm not a huge anime fan, but I really like that picture. Kenny looks pretty cool. 8)
jazzie11

Postby jazzie11 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:22 am

that looks great. you should've joined the MS paint competition thing.
ImageImage
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:48 pm

Very good. The fingers (especially Tweek's) are a bit crooked but except for that, it looks great. *round of applause followed by a parade in Athena's honor*
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
Kyle the Skeptic

Re: It's not easy being blonde!

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:44 pm

Athena1999 wrote:And if you're too lazy to click on the link, I'm actually going to make it my sig.

Yes please do. :)

What's next? A manga style picture of Kenny wearing Vamdemon's mask?
Nintendorkus

Postby Nintendorkus » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:31 pm

Sorry, but I just plain hate when people try to draw characters from comedy cartoons (except Boondocks) with a Japanese style. It's a comedy, it's not supposed to look that serious. Especially South Park, I mean, they're friggin' cardboard boxes.

EDIT: I take that back, I'm an idiot. It's really good after thinking about it. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression with this post.
Last edited by Nintendorkus on Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:54 pm

Nintendorkus wrote:Sorry, but I just plain hate when people try to draw characters from comedy cartoons (except Boondocks) with a Japanese style. It's a comedy, it's not supposed to look that serious. Especially South Park, I mean, they're friggin' cardboard boxes.

Exactly! That's why it's so much tougher and its more creative for the fans to turn crappy card board characters into anime characters. It's just a matter of what looks better IMO and I think this looks great. And they already did have the characters in a Japanese style in the episode, "Good times with weapons" so it's not completel outrageous for the fans to draw them as anime characters. But it doesn't matter... people just have different styles.
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
Athena1999

Re: It's not easy being blonde!

Postby Athena1999 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:13 am

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:
Athena1999 wrote:And if you're too lazy to click on the link, I'm actually going to make it my sig.

Yes please do. :)

What's next? A manga style picture of Kenny wearing Vamdemon's mask?

Actually, I was planning to do something like that! :) But the sig thing won't work because it didn't really look good when I resized it. I'll probably just do something similar or f*ck around with the canvas size.

Kyle's_Marklar wrote:Very good. The fingers (especially Tweek's) are a bit crooked but except for that, it looks great.

I know. Hands have always been a problem for me, especially when I tried to get the shot of Tweek clutching his hair. I usually use a model for those kinds of things, but since I was without one yesterday I just used my own judgement. I also noticed that Butters's fingers on the hand holding his arm were squished... oops!
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:02 pm

Tweek looks awesome there, nice work. I like your coloring work on him especially. And you gave him green eyes! I always like that combo for him. He's so perfectly stressed, it's definitely cool.

Oh, and the others look good too. :P
MixStan

Postby MixStan » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:24 pm

It's so good! I really like it! Looks good in your sig too. 8)
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:06 am

Gracias. Tweek probably gave me the most trouble (with his twitch and him clutching his hair and all), so it's nice to hear some good feedback about him.

So what do you think? Should I continue doing art like this for my signatures?
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:11 am

Yes. I want to see Kenny in a Vamdemon mask. :D

Nintendorkus wrote:Sorry, but I just plain hate when people try to draw characters from comedy cartoons (except Boondocks) with a Japanese style. It's a comedy, it's not supposed to look that serious. Especially South Park, I mean, they're friggin' cardboard boxes.

Don't forget though that Trey Parker is a huge fan of Japanese culture, including anime/manga. South Park has already done an anime style show, as K's_M pointed out (two if you count "Chinpokomon"). There was also that scene with Cartman vs. Saddam Hussein towards the end of SP:BLU. I imagine that if Trey and Matt were to draw the characters in any other style than construction paper CGI, it would be manga style. The characters' eyes and head proportions are already close enough as it is, so it's almost a no-brainer.

Hey hey let's go fight!
The important thing is to protect my balls!

(Incidentally take a look at some of voice actor Mona Marshall's other roles. Athena1999 should know what I'm talking about.)

Return to “Fan Art”