Eric -- Unfinished Animation

Post your own images of South Park, or whatever! Please keep posted images UNDER 30k!

Moderator: Big-Will

Infusions

Eric -- Unfinished Animation

Postby Infusions » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:27 pm

Well, I'm making a small 2-minute long flash of Cartman singing the Christmas song "Swiss Colony Beeflog". ((Christas Album? Anybody? Huh? Huh huh?)) So at the moment, you guys get to see what progress I have done so far. But since it's not done, you might see the following -

- Eric's colors suddenly changing from lighter to darker in certain scenes.
- When he sings "The windows are covered with frost!", he'll suddenly stop moving, but the animation will still continue. Shut up. I'm lazy.
- Halfway through, it'll be over. 8D

Yeah, so don't lecture me on that. I'm fixing up the colors and working on the animation. Bah. BAAAH.

http://img457.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... hedsa2.swf
What's the difference between a 7-11 and a smurf?

A 7-11 is a 24-hour convenience store and a smurf is a small blue fictional cartoon character.
KateLovesKyle16

Postby KateLovesKyle16 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:56 am

I love it!! How did you make it. *Grabs you by shirt* you must tell me everything!!! What program did u use how did u get it and how much was it? Thoses are my 3 questions for u missy! By the way great job keep it up!
[img:31e77]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/Southpark2007/gg.png[/img:31e77]
Infusions

Postby Infusions » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:32 am

KateLovesKyle16 wrote:I love it!! How did you make it. *Grabs you by shirt* you must tell me everything!!! What program did you use how did you get it and how much was it? Thoses are my 3 questions for you missy! By the way great job keep it up!

1. I used Flash 8.
2. Macromedia.com
3. Serial Codes. BUT SSSHHH, DON'T TELL NO ONE!

And thanks!

A 7-11 is a 24-hour convenience store and a smurf is a small blue fictional cartoon character.
Frosty_Kenny

Postby Frosty_Kenny » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:38 am

I have flash 7 and I cant figger out how to do animation on it. Do I need to buy a animation program or something?
I'm not a monkey' I'm a Woman!
Infusions

Postby Infusions » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:24 am

Frosty_Kenny wrote:I have flash 7 and I cant figger out how to do animation on it. Do I need to buy a animation program or something?

Flash 7 /is/ an animation program. It just takes some practice. Hey, I've had Flash 8 and used it for over half a year, and didn't decide to do some actual animation with it until last month.

Frosty_Kenny

Postby Frosty_Kenny » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:07 pm

it is but how do I make it animation its driving me crazy I looked everywhere on the program and found nothing please help in detail im slow.
I'm not a monkey' I'm a Woman!
Infusions

Postby Infusions » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:51 pm

Frosty_Kenny wrote:it is but how do I make it animation its driving me crazy I looked everywhere on the program and found nothing please help in detail I'm slow.

You have MSN Messenger? It's alot easier to teach via instant message.

But there are three tools that are needed/veerryyy helpful for animation in Flash --
F5: Makes one frame just sit still. Pause.
F6: Makes a new frame. It continues from the last frame for easy animation and editting.
F7: Makes a new frame, but it's completely blank.

((FYI, those "frame" stuff only appear in the timeline. That thing that looks like piano keys.))

The-end

Postby The-end » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:31 pm

Very nice animation, it would be so much better if you fixed his blinking, and fixed the mouth animations to be more like the ones actually used on the show.
southpark-is-god

wow

Postby southpark-is-god » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:42 am

that SUCKS!! just joking its really really good i wish i can animate like that, ive tried using flash 8 but i find it so hard and complicated! can u plz add me on msn and give me some hints? thanks alot
"Man, this looks like manbearpig central..."

~Al Gore
FoxDougan

Postby FoxDougan » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:24 pm

Hey, I'm a tough critic to please but that was great so far. Accurate-looking Cartman and nice timing for the cuts between shots, not only that but accurate character movements too.

Keep us posted on the developments! 8)

Return to “Fan Art”