Art of teh-lolrus

Post your own images of South Park, or whatever! Please keep posted images UNDER 30k!

Moderator: Big-Will

AngusMcTavish

Re: Art of teh-lolrus

Postby AngusMcTavish » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:13 am

I think you did just right on that one.

Kinda feel sorry for little Eric there.

And the look on Kyle's face: He's all in a panic? Good one!
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:24 am

AngusMcTavish wrote:I think you did just right on that one.

Kinda feel sorry for little Eric there.

And the look on Kyle's face: He's all in a panic? Good one!

Heheh, thanks.

I was hoping to portray the general reactions of the boys to the girls here (save for Cartman's emo-ness, that was for a cute effect); Kenny's just perverted, Stan's a bit worried about puking all over the place, and Kyle...he's gonna run (like in the Clubhouses episode).

:P
._.
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:13 am

Cute ^_^ *snickers at Cartman* really good...I like the eyes and Kenny's coat looks like a South Park version that somebody else made.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:01 pm

Kelly MacCornmac wrote:Cute ^_^ *snickers at Cartman* really good...I like the eyes and Kenny's coat looks like a South Park version that somebody else made.

Thanks! Kenny's coat, huh? That's intresting.

:wink:
._.
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:50 pm

Self Portrait

Media- Adobe Photoshop 7.0

Time spent working on it- Approximately 15 hours (3 weeks in class; ie: 5 hours a week)

Self Portrait was an assignment early on in the school year for Computer Graphics II class. This was based on a rather improptu photo of me; the teacher just said to pose, and the first pose that came to mind was being bored and looking to the skies or something while leaning on a desk. The artist I was supposed to imitate was Edgar Degas, but I failed miserably at reflecting his style (save for the more subtle, dark color scheme).

This one took forever, I sat and picked at each color from the original photo, brushed it onto the page, and smudge-tooled it. I left the blue areas in me for stylistic effect. The background was again half-assed; I used a layer style and tweaked it a bit. It turned out alright.

This is one of my better pieces, though I'm not sure if it's college admissions portfolio level...heh (like any of my stuff is :roll: ). I did pull off a 2nd place in the county-wide Digital Art competition and an Honorable Mention in another art show, so I guess it's alright.
._.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:36 am

Well, I may not be art-literate enough to know who Edgat Degas is/was, but I still like how that turned out.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:19 am

Wow, that's amazing.
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:35 pm

A really good turn out.

SPU! Join it!
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:44 am

AngusMcTavish wrote:Well, I may not be art-literate enough to know who Edgat Degas is/was, but I still like how that turned out.

He was an Impressionist artist who painted/drew ballet dancers and was influenced by the Japanese art styles a bit in terms of composition.

Thanks...

BRMBug wrote:Wow, that's amazing.

Aw, thanks...

Kelly MacCornmac wrote:A really good turn out.

Thanks...

:lol:
._.
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:50 am

Kyle the Dark

Media- Adobe Photoshop 7.0

Time spent working on it- Approximately 5 hours

Kyle the Dark was inspired by the 'dark' side he exhibited in The List and the Anti-Christ possession in Woodland Critters' Christmas. The execution in general was a bit shoddy, but granted, this began as a little Photoshop practice/study to help take my mind off my boyfriend's suicide threats and the SAT coming up this weekend.

I'm pretty pleased with the texture in the collar, sleeve cuff, and hat, but I was at a total loss at what to do for the rest of the coat and skin. The hair came out alright from a one-brush-only technique, but I think I should've done several brushes on it. The hand came out better than I expected for a pure Photoshop drawing; it actually looks better than the other hands I've drawn lately. The claws are off, but I'll disregard it for now, considering the work on the (disproportionate) fingers/hand. The wings were kind of sadly simplified, but the brushwork in the red part is a bit more intresting than my usual wing coloring.

The background was one of my stock photos filtered and edited a bit; again, I half-assed this background (heh, what's new about that? :roll: ).
._.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:57 am

Once again, I'm impressed.

Wings and claws...hoo hoo, I'd like to see Cartman try to mess with him NOW!

Seriously, though, that is very well done.
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:03 am

AngusMcTavish wrote:Once again, I'm impressed.

Wings and claws...hoo hoo, I'd like to see Cartman try to mess with him NOW!

Seriously, though, that is very well done.

Aww, thanks. It's just a little practice; I was trying to see if I could pull off texture in this one...

That'd be so cool to see if he sprouted claw and wing on an episode, but alas...there goes my fangirling tendencies.

:oops:
._.
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:46 pm

I think the wings are slightly choppy when on Kyles back, like it suddenly grew on his shirt and not his back. I like the red eyes though...and the hair.

SPU! Join it!
wendy28

Postby wendy28 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:51 pm

trying to think of another word but awesome. kickass would be quite accurate to :)
keep going, dude!
favorite character: kyle!

Horrific, deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words!
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:04 pm

Kelly MacCornmac wrote:I think the wings are slightly choppy when on Kyles back, like it suddenly grew on his shirt and not his back. I like the red eyes though...and the hair.

Yeah, that's true. Maybe I should've left a bit of a skin-hole where the wings protrude and work on the angling. Thanks for the critique!

wendy28 wrote:trying to think of another word but awesome. kickass would be quite accurate to
keep going, dude!

Thanks!

:oops:
._.

Return to “Fan Art”