"San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip

Post your own images of South Park, or whatever! Please keep posted images UNDER 30k!

Moderator: Big-Will

mo303564

Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip

Postby mo303564 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:25 am

These are great. Keep it up! :D
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:05 am

HAHAHA!!! :lol:

Remember kids, always remember to turn the loudspeaker OFF before divulging your ass-related commentary to a co-worker. I think anyone can relate to being on either end of the loudspeaker. XD

Oh yes, and you're welcome! As always, am looking forward to more of these awesome vignettes about your life :mrgreen:
Illegitimi non carborundum.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:09 am

Back with a new one. This one-in-a-million event happened early in my sophomore year in high school. Like the other strips in the series, the background photos are of the actual location where it happened, but my high school's gym was heavily remodeled a couple years ago. The windows were previously covered by large brown shutters that were never open, and never let sunlight into the gym, and the bleachers used to be a dark brown color, without the school's letters.

BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:12 pm

*bah-baahhhh... ba-ba-ba-bahhhhh* :lol:
KennyMcAmazing

Postby KennyMcAmazing » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:47 pm

Dude, I LOVE these. I really loved the fourth one - just the faces alone had me laughing for a while. That was beautifully done XD
I LOVE KENNY! Second favorite characters: Kyle and Butters
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:58 am

KennyMcAmazing wrote:Dude, I LOVE these. I really loved the fourth one - just the faces alone had me laughing for a while. That was beautifully done XD

Thank you! :mrgreen:

Just finished this one a few hours ago. I remember it like it was yesterday. I can safely say it was among one of the worst days of my life. It introduces my younger brother, and although he does have a 'line', he doesn't actually appear in the comic.

And for those with slower computers, here are the JPG versions:

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4476/jpg0601.jpg
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3360/jpg0602.jpg
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5530/jpg0603.jpg
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:58 am

This last one really touched me. I know how it feels to be in a world of unknown. My father had a mild heart attack the Saturday before Labor Day of '05. He survived, actually never lost consicinous...but just the fear of not knowing.

I am thankful that their are people like you Niels. I really hope that people take the time to help others so that people will one day help you in return. Just goes to show that true friends always stick together. You have some great common bonds.

I know your life has been tough with diabeties, losing your pets, living life day to day with jobs, a sense of uneasiness with the people you love dearest (ex-girlfiends). Point I'm trying to make is that you should never give up on life. Things will happen that will change your life forever. Sure we might not like what those changes are but they happen for the better (or sure we hope).

I am thankful that you have come forward to show us these events, and I hope you don't give this up. Because it helps us understand who you are as a person, and helps us reflect in our own lives what we can do to our lives a more enjoyable and memorable experience. :)
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
jewlover

Postby jewlover » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:04 am

Niels, these are amazing. I love all of them, and it means so much how you can share your stories with us. Its good that you can also have a comedic side to some of this, and these are touching and personal. I really enjoy them, and I hope more people come to notice them. Your a really great person and friend, so keep pushing on.
Niels0827 wrote:Ke$ha can blow my rod.

She'd like that.

So would I. I'm just that good

Dude jacking off, dude jacking off.....*cough* that's a dude jacking off

I am God's cousin in law. Don't believe me? Well then go fuck yourself.
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:42 pm

I agree with Mike. Everyone has been in that situation of unknown to some degree (not necessarily having someone in the hospital, but maybe with wondering whether they will lose their job, or a friend, or something that may change their lives drastically), which is why your comics really can touch us. There were several points in my life where I literally didn't know what would happen, in what direction I was headed... like in 2007 I was afraid I would lose one of my jobs, and even earlier this year I had no idea if I'd be employed or accepted into medical school, and now that both have happened I can understand how you must have felt when you received that text about your dad. I was so happy for you at the end when you received the call that your dad woke up, because no one, especially someone as awesome as you, should have to go through that.

It takes a lot of courage to share these defining parts of your life with us, so thank you for it. I think Mike said everything I wanted to say, lol :P
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:56 am

Mike, JL, and BT, thank you so much for your comments. They mean a lot, and they're one of the main reasons I do these. There haven't been any new strips for a while because I've been swamped with work and school, but now that I've finished school for the semester, I plan on working on a new one soon. I've already started, but it may be a while. I'd like to do more comedic strips, as I don't want to turn the series into a depressing one.

Lots of memorable events in my life aren't always easy for me to think about off the top of my head, so I occasionally run out of ideas until something I see or hear reminds me of something that happened. I'm trying to keep the strip as accurate as possible in depicting the actual locations where events took place, as well as in the speech and dialogues. It's not easy to remember everything perfectly, so until something pops into my head, I can draw a blank for days at a time.

I lived in Illinois from July 2007 to July 2009, so I try and stray from anything that happened in between those dates (and there's a LOT that happened). Plus, it would be impossible for me to take photos of the locations there, as I don't have any. I want the series to be about life for me here in San Jose, like it is now, and like it was before I moved to the Midwest, because it's my home...and my home, my friends, and my family represent me better than anything else. Sorry if I sound artsy-fartsy. :mrgreen:
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:31 pm

DO A CHRISTMAS ONE! DO A CHRISTMAS ONE!! :mrgreen: :D :santa:
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:30 am

Back with one just in time for Christmas. I'll never forget this moment. Three years prior to this event, my dad was watching the San Francisco 49ers play a game on TV, and he wasn't aware I was in the room. But it wasn't until Christmas three years later that my mom found out. :mrgreen:

Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:35 pm

I love this strip, Niels. Every one you've made evokes some kind of feeling that is universal. Whether it's sad or funny, it's all moving.

Most webcomics that update daily are ass because there's really no way to produce anything of greatness on a daily basis. I think this beats them all in terms of quality vs. quantity.

You've got something special with "San Jose" and you should continue to make more.
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:47 pm

It makes me so happy that you posted your Christmas comic up here today! Been looking forward to logging on and reading it :mrgreen:

Anyway with each of these and with every time we've spoken, I get the impression that you're one of the long-lost twins I didn't know I had. :P "sh*t" was my dad's curse word of choice as well, and needless to say I said it several times without knowing what it meant. XD Also, it was so cute how your hair used to be light blonde! :mrgreen:
iloveyouguys

Postby iloveyouguys » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:34 am

Pip Tweek wrote:I love this strip, Niels. Every one you've made evokes some kind of feeling that is universal. Whether it's sad or funny, it's all moving.

Most webcomics that update daily are ass because there's really no way to produce anything of greatness on a daily basis. I think this beats them all in terms of quality vs. quantity.

You've got something special with "San Jose" and you should continue to make more.

Dude, SMBC, Questionable Content, Cyanide and Happiness, and others update daily and are great. However, what you said has truth to it too. Niels' comic is great!
This is my signature. I made it small so anyone who tries to read it has to copy and paste the text somewhere else only to find that it isn't interesting at all. Congratulations. Also, fuckshitcockassbitchtitspenisfagskankwhorecuntpoop.

Return to “Fan Art”