"San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip

Post your own images of South Park, or whatever! Please keep posted images UNDER 30k!

Moderator: Big-Will

Niels0827

Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip

Postby Niels0827 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:55 am

Well, you know...he asked. I'm pretty modest. If somebody asks me a questions most other people wouldn't answer, I wouldn't think anything of it.
whatwouldwedo W/o SP

Postby whatwouldwedo W/o SP » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:34 am

haha ture. its not like i mind. I just find it funny just how ehhh "in depth you went" :lol:

anyhow. not to pressure you or anything...but whens the next san jose or around when?
Ahhhhh hamburgerss!
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:15 am

I don't know when the next one is. I've considered stopping for quite a while. For the past five years I've only gone to school part-time while I worked full-time, and I'm now returning to school full-time and seeking part-time employment, so I'm not going to be having any more free time than before. So I can't tell you when the next one will be or if there will even be one. My audience base isn't very big so I don't have much of a motivation to keep it going. Right now, it's more like just a byproduct of boredom.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:03 am

I bet it wouldn't be as much fun to make them if the pressure was higher to make them more frequently, a larger audience might not be that good a thing. Anyway good luck with school and finding that job if you haven't already, probably see a lot of stuff that gives you stories to tell in future.

The best way to get more out is to stop right before you think you're going to blow your load, wait about thirty seconds, and continue again. This will also make it feel more awesome.

Nice brotip dude. why you want to make more ectoplasmic evidence though =/
Last edited by Unassumption on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:44 am

Unassumption wrote:I bet it wouldn't be as much fun to make them if the pressure was higher to make them more frequently, a larger audience might not be that good a thing. Anyway good luck with school and finding that job if you haven't already, probably see a lot of stuff that gives you stories to tell in future.

I'm not pressured to make them, and I don't feel that I am. But for being unemployed (albeit still a student), I'm incredibly busy. I'm consistently trying to balance my social life with temporary sources of income, running errands, working on my cars, etc.

And since all the comics are based on actual events, I do run out of ideas, despite having a whole list of potentially good stories to use. The problem is that more of them are depressing than funny, and that's not the direction I want to go in. My life isn't exactly a bowl of cherries, but I get more enjoyment out of making people laugh, and thus I prefer to use the more humorous events of my life. The depressing stuff......people don't want to see that. I'm not the kind of guy who likes receiving sympathy and pity from people, and I don't want people to think that I am such a person.

Of the more 'emotional' comics I've done, I had made those with the sole intention of trying to send a message to people - "never give up" (#6), and "don't ever take your friends for granted" (#2, #11).

As of now, there's only one potential story I'm considering making into the next comic, but it's not a humorous one. And, there isn't much to be learned from it, either. This one may be one of the hardest I've ever had to before (as in the amount of work to do), so it can take me a very long time. The location where it took place no longer exists, and though I do have some photos I took from when it did, I'll need more than that. Finding and taking additional photos for substitution can be a lengthy process.
Coke McKormic

Postby Coke McKormic » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:39 pm

Hey I just started reading these comics and I'm really impressed dude sorry for you loss and tell that bitch to eat it.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:46 pm

I've decided to start working on my next strip. But, IF I'm going to stop making these comics any time soon, this next strip will be the very last one, given the nature of the events depicted in the strip (but mostly because of my schedule).

I've made a comic about this event before (with the help of a [former] friend of mine), using character sprites and backgrounds from video games. But the quality was so poor, and the design forced the story to be historically inaccurate (and also mentions my girlfriend at the time, whom I despise with my life), so I won't bother showing it.

I've finished about a third to half of it, minus the compilation, so expect to see it on here hopefully sometime in the next two weeks.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:54 am

Niels0827 wrote:Well, you know...he asked. I'm pretty modest. If somebody asks me a questions most other people wouldn't answer, I wouldn't think anything of it.

I was just surprised by it ahaha
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
HidanXKyBeXOXO

Postby HidanXKyBeXOXO » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:08 am

Can I have a friend please? I'm new. Thanks. Call me Courtney or KyBe.
I'm Courtney. - Kyle and Bebe Forever!! (: SUPER 9,000!!!!! Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:17 am

HidanXKyBeXOXO wrote:Can I have a friend please? I'm new. Thanks. Call me Courtney or KyBe.

GTFO of my thread.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:43 am

Coke McKormic wrote:Hey I just started reading these comics and I'm really impressed dude sorry for you loss and tell that bitch to eat it.

Thanks.

And if you're referring to my girlfriend, that wasn't what my post about my next strip was about. I mentioned her briefly in the post after yours, but that bitch has nothing to do with anything. My next strip is about something different.
HidanXKyBeXOXO

Postby HidanXKyBeXOXO » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:08 pm

Still on here. (: I can post as much as I want. --- Thank you.
I'm Courtney. - Kyle and Bebe Forever!! (: SUPER 9,000!!!!! Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:02 pm

HidanXKyBeXOXO wrote:Still on here. (: I can post as much as I want. --- Thank you.
Last edited by zzyzx 1 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:53 pm

HidanXKyBeXOXO wrote:Still on here. (: I can post as much as I want. --- Thank you.

If you want a friend, you have to respect other people. GTFO, or I'll unleash a board moderator on your redneck Southern ass.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:10 pm

Well, if you want to talk about making friends and stuff, you should try one of the random threads ("The Randome Thread" ((or some other name, I forget)) or "Last persons to reply to this thread wins" are the popular ones)

That being said, this person's just confused about the rules. An explanation works better than an insult or a rant, guys. :l
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual

Return to “Fan Art”