"Diary of a Mad Cartman" Painting -- Happy Birthday SP!

Post your own images of South Park, or whatever! Please keep posted images UNDER 30k!

Moderator: Big-Will

morbidlyadorable

"Diary of a Mad Cartman" Painting -- Happy Birthday SP!

Postby morbidlyadorable » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:32 pm

I'm sure you were expecting to see something really sinister with a title like "Diary of a Mad Cartman", but the truly scary part of Cartman is how easily he is all rainbows and tea parties one moment and murder and mayhem in the next! I painted this in honor of South Park's 15th birthday! Since I am an exhibitor at San Diego Comic Con, I was especially hoping this painting would be selected for the SP Art Show. I wasn't picked (to my knowledge), but I still want to share the work I did! I am definitely going to see the Art Show in person! I hope I did justice to the Morbidly Adorable Monster that is Cartman!

"DIary of a Mad Cartman"
4 feet by 3 feet
Acrylic on Stretched Canvas

"Don't be fooled by the childlike demeanor and whimsical toys of Eric Cartman! We all love this little scamp, but don't get on his bad side! Even his cuteness can be deadly! Enjoy this Morbidly Adorable vision!"

Bigger Version: http://www.morbidlyadorable.com/images/SouthParkDiaryOfAMadCartmanMistyBenson.jpg
Details: http://www.morbidlyadorable.com/images/SouthParkDiaryOfAMadCartmanMistyBensonDetails.jpg

I love all of Cartman's creations and toys, so I wanted to just have fun in my own Morbidly Adorable style. I did A.W.E.S.O.M.O. in a metal finish, because I imagine that's how Butter's might have really seen him. Cartman trapped the rest of the gang in a snow globe complete with Casa Bonita so he can shake them up and mess with them as he pleases. There is a little plaque on the snow globe that reads "Diary of a Mad Cartman", and the front of Cartman's shirt says "Morbidly Adorable" with one of my trademark skulls. I made Kitty into a big eye creation, a much too cute Leprechaun, and if you look closely, there are Cheesy Poofs on the ground! I hope you enjoy this Morbidly Adorable version of Cartman! Thanks for giving us 15 great years, South Park!! XOXO!!
AngusMcTavish

Re: "Diary of a Mad Cartman" Painting -- Happy Birthday SP!

Postby AngusMcTavish » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:37 pm

Ah, there's Clown Frog! :lol:

Excellent work! That turned out great!
morbidlyadorable

Postby morbidlyadorable » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:42 pm

Thank you so much for the wonderful compliment Angus! I had soooooo much fun painting it. There are tons of great characters associated with Cartman. I tried to do some of the greatest hits :D
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:28 am

Wow, that's pretty damn good! Pretty accurate assessment of what's inside his head.
If you don't mind me jumping ahead a little, your painting gave me a great idea for a piece of art! Cartman's mental image of himself. :lol:
Can't we all just get along?
morbidlyadorable

Postby morbidlyadorable » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:37 am

Thanks so much Ex1lepr0! I'm glad I could do Cartman's world a little justice in a creepy cute sort of way! Yeah, I would love to see how Cartman views himself! Does he think he's really handsome or buff or tall or what?! That would be hilarious to see! :lol:

Return to “Fan Art”