NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

triplemultiplex

Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:42 am

Aw yeah, my team competes for the National League pennant starting Friday!
Milwaukee has assembled a bullpen that strains adjectives. They have been so lights-out, it's unbelievable. It's propelled the Brewers to and 11 game winning streak and the first playoff sweep in franchise history. (Sorry 'bout that Colorado. ;) )
Bring on the Dodgers! See if they can match our schtoyle.

You read it! You can't unread it!
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:53 am

It got close but the Red Sox won their series, next will be playing the Houston Astros in the American League Championship. I was the most worried about the Yankees. I know the Astros won last year and so that does make them a hard team to beat, I know the Red Sox playing the Yankees is a tough one to win too. I will say that the National league looks easier to play against for whoever wins the American League. It is like impossible to win two World series back to back so I think that is a big message that Houston will not be able to win. The Red Sox just need to stay healthy and keep playing amazing.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:23 pm

JamesPolo wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:53 am
It got close but the Red Sox won their series, next will be playing the Houston Astros in the American League Championship. I was the most worried about the Yankees. I know the Astros won last year and so that does make them a hard team to beat, I know the Red Sox playing the Yankees is a tough one to win too.
The 'stros are stacked. They're a much better team than the Yankees. That should be an entertaining series.
JamesPolo wrote:
I will say that the National league looks easier to play against for whoever wins the American League.
It's easier load up on bats when you play "baseball lite" like they do in the AL. (F the DH!! Real baseball 4-evah!)
JamesPolo wrote:
It is like impossible to win two World series back to back so I think that is a big message that Houston will not be able to win. The Red Sox just need to stay healthy and keep playing amazing.
It is super hard. We've had a number of repeat appearances in recent years, but no champs holding onto the crown.
There's a lot more parity in baseball than there was 15-20 years ago due in large part to the influence of sabermetrics. Gone are the days where the Yankees could just buy up all the free agent talent with their enormous bankroll and expect to win. It's a good thing for the sport. We've had more first time champs since 2001 than there was over the equivalent time period before 2001.

JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:21 pm

Well the Boston Red Sox had a terrible game yesterday with the first game of the series against the Houston Astros. If the Red Sox lose tonight then they are out of the series I will say. They have been walking and hitting batters like crazy and not hitting the ball.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:45 am

The Sox seem to have gotten their sh*t together.
My Brewers, though, are limping into game 6.

JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:30 am

triplemultiplex wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:45 am
The Sox seem to have gotten their sh*t together.
My Brewers, though, are limping into game 6.
Sorry to hear about the Brewers, I was hoping to see them play the Red Sox in the World Series. I have been as shocked as everyone else that the Red Sox did it the way they did. The game with Sale they lose and two games with Price they win. Also the All Star players were hitting average and the average or less players were hitting like All Stars. It was a crazy series that no one had it like it played out. JBJ hit amazing and came through when needed and Devers did tonight. I hope Milwaukee wins but we'll be ready for whoever makes it.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:26 am

The Red Sox won The World Series of 2018!!!

The Sox dominated the series. There was the game the Dodgers won but that went like 7 hours and 18 innings.

I wish the Red Sox had won the game at home but they had that in 2013.

I know the team will not be where it was this season next year but they will still be good.

I want to keep most of the players now as so many came alive and made sure we won this last series.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:58 pm

The Patriots have a chance of winning the Super Bowl! I wonder if Matt or Trey is at the game? I hope the Patriots can win today. Tom Brady needs that last Super Bowl ring to complete his Infinity Gauntlet. Ha ha ha ha ha.

I know people want to hate on the Patriots and Tom Brady and Belichick but after Tom retires when ever that is the Patriots team may not be that good. QB is a major position on a football team. The New England Patriots may not make it to another Super Bowl for a couple of decades. Us New England fans should milk this thing for as long as we can.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:29 pm

I didn't catch the fight, but I did watch it for free at the dailymotion. The boxing fight between Anthony Joshua and Andy Ruiz was a huge upset. Ruiz looks out of shape as he is fat and Joshua is athletic build, still Ruiz was able to win. It was an amazing fight. I would recommend to at least watch the 3rd and 7th rounds as those have the action. Joshua couldn't handle Ruiz's punches. If Ruiz landed one Joshua became unable to defend correctly and Ruiz could land 5 extra punches. Ruiz is an amazing counter boxer. I'll have to watch it again later today. I still will not bet on Ruiz beating Joshua if a rematch is scheduled but it could happen again. It will be interesting if Joshua has an excuse as to why he lost.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:44 am

I don't want to jinx anything but this seasons New England Patriots team is out of sight. Just by judging game one, even though amazing player Antonio Brown didn't play, it appears the Patriots will have no problems this regular season. I think the only difficult games for the Patriots this regular season will be against the Dallas Cowboys and the Kansas City Chiefs. That means the Patriots will easily make the playoffs. The Patriots have a great chance of making the Super Bowl again!
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:38 am

Well now with the Antonio Brown rape allegations, I wish he would part ways with the New England Patriots. I don't think a player who is accused of rape should play for my team.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:34 pm

^^
Wish granted, it would seem.

The Pats basically get 6 automatic wins every year because the rest of the AFC east has been trash for 20 goddamn years. Every so often they f*ck one of them up, but when you get to play the Jets, Dolphins and Bills twice each, that's like boasting because you were held back a grade and can beat everyone in gym class. Tom Brady would have half as many Super Bowl appearances if the Steelers and Ravens were in their division instead.

This new ability to review pass interference has been a net negative, in my observation. Time is being wasted looking at ticky-tacky calls, none of which get overturned. There are already so many interruptions to the game and now we're stopping things again for basically nothing. It's pissing me off more than a bad call by the refs by itself does. As we say in these parts, "Keep 'er movin'!"

JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:11 am

Could we be looking at a New England Patriots vs San Francisco 49ers Super Bowl LIV?

Both teams have high stats and are the only two teams still undefeated. I would love to see this game!

Patriot defense is the best there is and Tom Brady is a top 10 QB this season with a good mix of wide receivers and running back's to get the ball too.

The only weakness is placekicker, Stephon Gostkowski was theirs but he was missing kicks and now needs surgery. There is a replacement kicker but he may not be that good. I think that in tough games the kicker will miss a few and that could cost the Patriots those close games.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:16 am

5-0 is nothing when the best team one has beaten is the Buffalo Bills. Christ, New England even gets to play the AFC north this season; that's at least 3 more guaranteed wins. Maybe Baltimore will give them trouble, but what a ridiculously easy schedule for defending champs. Has all the makings of a divisional round upset of New England by a team in the middle of a late-season surge. All those cake-walk games will make New England strut in like they're owed another Super Bowl, then bam! Here come the damn Chargers (or whoever) out of nowhere and that 6 seed sends Cry Brady packing.

I'm pulling hard for the Chiefs in the AFC this season. Shit or get off the pot, KC! Now's the time to shine, Mahomie!

Niners will be notching their first L this week; the Rams are due and SF has only beaten sh*t teams so far. I'll go one further and predict they don't win their division this year.

We've got a schizophrenic defense in Green Bay this year. They'll get a bunch of takeaways early, then give up a sh*t ton of yards in the second half and let the opponent back into the game. Makes for high drama, I'll admit. But in general, I like what I see. Keep Aaron healthy and we'll make a run.

Return to “Hot Topics”